myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 212, 213, 214 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windsrf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject: Start of Season?? Reply with quote

Seemed like a "normal" summer session today at His Lords. Out at 3:40 PM with 5.6/106L and steady winds. Bit colder of course....
bert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Sunday at Dumbarton Bridge Reply with quote

Survival sailing at Dumbarton this Sunday. I went 4.5/85L past 2 pm to quickly realize that I was a meter too big. Wind was from the west 25 to 30 mph and I was initially sailing almost perpendicular from the bridge into chop..it was less westerly mid Bay, but I was still sailing more towards Hayward instead of Union City. Made 2 runs to the other side and called it quits as it was not much fun plus it was cold enough to freeze one's cajones. Went home and cranked up my sauna to 140 degrees and thawed out. I've sailed 5 times already this year in 5 different locations.
rpaillon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Tomales Scores Again Reply with quote

Parking was sold out. Someone counted 17 vehicles. Sails from 3.5 to 4.5. I used a 4.0 this time and got worked until I changed from an 8.5" to a 7.5" fin. Much mo' bettah! Tomorrow is looking good and there should be more parking available.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Tomales Scores Again Reply with quote

rpaillon wrote:
Parking was sold out. Someone counted 17 vehicles. Sails from 3.5 to 4.5. I used a 4.0 this time and got worked until I changed from an 8.5" to a 7.5" fin. Much mo' bettah! Tomorrow is looking good and there should be more parking available.

there was one 2.9 and a 5.0 on the water today (and a 6.3 race sail earlier). pretty good turnout. wasn't too cold either!

mazzanti uploaded a quick clip from today: https://vimeo.com/256362140

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
tomg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: 3rd Ave Nukefest Sunday 2/18 Reply with quote

Hit the water @ 3 pm - only half dozen sailors and kites out...in other words no problem parking close to the launch.

On a 4.0 for the first time since acquiring it two years ago... & still too big on the outside. Huge and messy chocolate colored waves out in the channel. When the clouds came over and that chilly temp dipped... reminiscent of the North Sea. Crawled out 2 hrs later with nothing broken. But feeling mighty creaky today.

Not a bad way to start the season.
kcorr1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: 2/18 Sunday at crissy err gorge Reply with quote

Gorge like conditions on the ebb with some unmerciful cold gusts. 5.8 105l,197lb. Chop was doable, sported the new Simmer suit. Bicycled out after an hour plus in the water with smile and a climb up to Arguello Gate. Best first day of the season in years.
windsrf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious as to why these latest postings are dated 2/20? Would be nice if iWindsurf Forum correctly noted posting times/dates?
bert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Monday Reply with quote

5.5 Avanti/100L RRD slalom at 3pm with the wind at 18 at SFO. Nice to be going fast after a season going slow on the Slingshot foil. Wind cranked up to the low 20's within an hour and and I called it quits at 4pm. Only 5 windsurfers, one foiler and 3 kiters on foil sailing..guess the regulars at Coyote are still hibernating...wimps.
Arrgh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windsrf wrote:
Curious as to why these latest postings are dated 2/20? Would be nice if iWindsurf Forum correctly noted posting times/dates?

Have you set the local time in your Profile? PST is GMT - 8 hours.
windsrf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion - assumed computer was smart enough to do it on it's own - wrong. Seems to solve my problem. Thanks, David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 212, 213, 214 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 213 of 329

Jump to: