myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 257, 258, 259 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassman wrote:
"So let me get this straight."

Liberals expect us NOT to judge all Muslims because of the actions of a few lunatics yet we are EXPECTED to judge all gun owners because of the actions of a few lunatics. Rolling Eyes

"Its not the fact that anyone can go to Walmart and buy a dozen REAL AK-47's with large capacity rounds! " - No Bluefish, you having proven yourself to be the fucking idiot. Right up there with bean brain Dean.

I think we need to burn your school. Nobody is asking that we judge all gun owners on the actions of a few lunatics, we are asking that Republicans grow some balls and make it harder for the lunatics to get the guns. Rather than pass a law making it easier--and now trying to hide the pictures of Trump signing it.

There may not have been a brain to die in JP's head.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
jpbassman wrote:
"So let me get this straight."

Liberals expect us NOT to judge all Muslims because of the actions of a few lunatics yet we are EXPECTED to judge all gun owners because of the actions of a few lunatics. Rolling Eyes

"Its not the fact that anyone can go to Walmart and buy a dozen REAL AK-47's with large capacity rounds! " - No Bluefish, you having proven yourself to be the fucking idiot. Right up there with bean brain Dean.

I think we need to burn your school.

Before or after the kids get out?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
bluefish1 wrote:
So let me get this straight.

An armed fucking guard, who's trained at this, upon hearing crazy machine gun fire in the school, was scared shitless enough to do nothing but freeze in place for 4 minutes crapping in his pants, not knowing what he was up against, but Mrs. McDougal, a 60 year old 5th grades social studies teacher, is expected to drop her chalk, pull her little handgun from the locked drawer (bad idea right there), or purse (another bad storage area), run into battle with her hand gun and save the day against possible multiple AK-47's blasting right down the hall at her? This is a great plan.

Hey if it's a fair fight, why not give Mrs. McDougal an AK-47 as well? It would be virtually impossible for any collateral damage and it will work because she's been trained. More guns goddamnit! Bigger guns! AK-47's for everyone! A fantastic plan Trump!

You guys are truly fucking idiots.

The guy was a coward. He's been fired. You know nothing of bravery. You'd probably do the same, while listening to children die. I wouldn't.

Have you ever saved someone's life and put yourself in danger doing it? Or, are you just guessing? You don't "decide" this ahead of time. You just react and you might not even know you are capable of the actions that you take. Just like you don't know if you will freeze for even a moment to try and decide what to do and loose the opportunity to act.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course all the righties went right past the legislation paying off the NRA and making it easier for the mentally ill to get guns. I guess they’re all proud of that.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
bluefish1 wrote:

An armed fucking guard, who's trained at this, upon hearing crazy machine gun fire in the school, was scared shitless enough to do nothing but freeze in place for 4 minutes crapping in his pants, not knowing what he was up against, but Mrs. McDougal, a 60 year old 5th grades social studies teacher, is expected to drop her chalk, pull her little handgun from the locked drawer (bad idea right there), or purse (another bad storage area), run into battle with her hand gun and save the day against possible multiple AK-47's blasting right down the hall at her? This is a great plan.

Hey if it's a fair fight, why not give Mrs. McDougal an AK-47 as well? It would be virtually impossible for any collateral damage and it will work because she's been trained. More guns goddamnit! Bigger guns! AK-47's for everyone! A fantastic plan Trump!

The guy was a coward. He's been fired. You know nothing of bravery. You'd probably do the same, while listening to children die. I wouldn't.

Have you ever saved someone's life and put yourself in danger doing it? Or, are you just guessing? You don't "decide" this ahead of time. You just react and you might not even know you are capable of the actions that you take. Just like you don't know if you will freeze for even a moment to try and decide what to do and loose the opportunity to act.

I don't freeze. I've saved a few lives under pressure. Been shot at. Been robbed at gunpoint 3 times. (Was a bank teller in college)

There are a lot of guys like me, and a lot of cowards.

PS, I saw An interesting demonstration On a fully automated system that would disable any gunman inside of a school without human contact. It was real time connection to the police department dispatch who could automatically send gas and mace through the hallways to disable a gunman. It would also automatically lock all the doors in the classrooms immediately, and digitally guide armed teacher to gunman.

Very impressive.

Add this feature to better entry system for students, and it's a win.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BARD—I DARE YOU TO READ THIS AND TELL ME IT DOESN’T MATTER AND ARMING TEACHERS WILL HELP.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/what-i-saw-treating-the-victims-from-parkland-should-change-the-debate-on-guns/553937/
wsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
BARD—I DARE YOU TO READ THIS AND TELL ME IT DOESN’T MATTER AND ARMING TEACHERS WILL HELP.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/what-i-saw-treating-the-victims-from-parkland-should-change-the-debate-on-guns/553937/

Hear, hear mac Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

But the gun NUTS will never get it, sad to say really

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac

This radiologist is spot on. I used to do some reloading of ammo to more efficiently target shoot and it was interesting to build a particular load.

The caliber that most AR15 start out at is a 223. Which is a small bullet with a very high velocity. They are not for stopping power in close range like most revolver or other hand gun calibers or loads. They are for rapid fire high velocity killing...

The caliber is great as a "jug buster". We would fill a plastic jug with water and shoot it with lots of different weapons. The difference is telling. What that caliber does at short range is an order of magnitude different than a 9mm. Simply no comparison. Even the larger pistol calibers do not compare.

This caliber should NOT be allowed in a semi automatic. Serious target shooters can use bolt action rifles and have all sorts of fun seeing how far they can hit something. BUT, this weapon is just too dangerous and has little purpose except as a novelty.

I'm fine with going to a shooting range and taking a weapon like this out of the locker and using it only there. Why the f**k does someone need this thing in their home or in their car? This is beyond second amendment rights. Way beyond.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
bluefish1 wrote:

I don't freeze. I've saved a few lives under pressure. Been shot at. Been robbed at gunpoint 3 times. (Was a bank teller in college)

PS, I saw An interesting demonstration On a fully automated system that would disable any gunman inside of a school without human contact. It was real time connection to the police department dispatch who could automatically send gas and mace through the hallways to disable a gunman. It would also automatically lock all the doors in the classrooms immediately, and digitally guide armed teacher to gunman.

Very impressive.

Ive saved two people. I have to say, I wouldn't do what I did one of the times ever again because I might think about it next time and that would be too late. I think it is unreasonable to expect someone without extensive training to be able to react properly and do the right thing.

One thing you don't want to do with weapons is to draw one without planning on using it. If you are a teacher, you are, likely, going to be the type of person who believes in the goodness of others. How else could you do that job? So, the vast majority of teachers may try and protect students but I really doubt they would be capable of shooting a young person under pressure.

Arming teachers, and most citizens, is silliness.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
bluefish1 wrote:

Very impressive.

Ive saved two people. I have to say, I wouldn't do what I did one of the times ever again because I might think about it next time and that would be too late. I think it is unreasonable to expect someone without extensive training to be able to react properly and do the right thing.

One thing you don't want to do with weapons is to draw one without planning on using it. If you are a teacher, you are, likely, going to be the type of person who believes in the goodness of others. How else could you do that job? So, the vast majority of teachers may try and protect students but I really doubt they would be capable of shooting a young person under pressure.

Arming teachers, and most citizens, is silliness.

Agreed, and our Prez is an idiot for even suggesting it!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 257, 258, 259 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 258 of 331

Jump to: