myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 260, 261, 262 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vientomas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Since most of the media won't give the whole story, the Delta airline deal was for NRA members heading to an annual meeting and only 15 members took advantage of the offer. Not a big deal.

Quote:
But only 13 NRA members actually used the one-time group travel discount for the gun group’s annual meeting in Dallas this May, Delta spokesman Michael Thomas told The Washington Post on Saturday.

Thirteen people booked tickets with Delta's NRA discount for the upcoming conference, Delta spokesman Trebor Banstetter told CNBC.

In the source I cited above.
vientomas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Bard

Do you have the full list of per capita mass killings? It is appalling that the US is so high on this list if this is a complete list. We have to do better.

Oh. I checked on this organization and they are very pro gun. Hmmm. I've seen other statistics that tell a different story. I wonder if your chart is cherry picking or is it complete fabrication?

Bard. I am sensing you don't believe we have a problem in this country with guns. I'm a gun owner. Lots of guns. I like target shooting and hunting. I've never carried one on me. I believe that is lunacy for most Americans. I also believe we need to acknowledge that we have dropped the ball on how to deal with mentally disturbed and societally disengaged young males in this country. We may need to raise the age for gun ownership (any guns) to mid-twenties without a special permit.

I'm trying to understand an argument against this. I can see a young, out of college, woman possibly needing the deterrent that a gun may provide (maybe because of the young men). But, young men with guns are just disasters waiting to happen. Do they need a gun to protect themselves? Really?

What is your solution?

https://crimeresearch.org/2015/06/comparing-death-rates-from-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/

Look at the stats for France...includes a 130 people killed in a coordinated terrorist attack...apples to oranges.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
Bard

Do you have the full list of per capita mass killings? It is appalling that the US is so high on this list if this is a complete list. We have to do better.

Oh. I checked on this organization and they are very pro gun. Hmmm. I've seen other statistics that tell a different story. I wonder if your chart is cherry picking or is it complete fabrication?

Bard. I am sensing you don't believe we have a problem in this country with guns. I'm a gun owner. Lots of guns. I like target shooting and hunting. I've never carried one on me. I believe that is lunacy for most Americans. I also believe we need to acknowledge that we have dropped the ball on how to deal with mentally disturbed and societally disengaged young males in this country. We may need to raise the age for gun ownership (any guns) to mid-twenties without a special permit.

I'm trying to understand an argument against this. I can see a young, out of college, woman possibly needing the deterrent that a gun may provide (maybe because of the young men). But, young men with guns are just disasters waiting to happen. Do they need a gun to protect themselves? Really?

What is your solution?

https://crimeresearch.org/2015/06/comparing-death-rates-from-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/

Look at the stats for France...includes a 130 people killed in a coordinated terrorist attack...apples to oranges.

CCW for a family man over 40 who's worked his entire life is a must. It should be common. Our crime rate would plummet, just like the state's with easy CCW.

Our government has turned us to sheep for the slaughter without easy CCW. They are purposely allowing this bloodshed. Who's going to protect us, if they failed 39 times to arrest that kid? Who's going to protect us if the cops are cowards? A good guy with a gun.

Violence in Australia is as high as it's ever been.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malibu

Don't all 50 states have some sort of CCW permitting? The states that do not require permitting are small rural states with the exception of Arizona.

The bulk of the states are "shall issue". Meaning it is easy to get a permit.

The states where CCW is more restricted "may issue" states are generally the high population density states where crime rates are high because of the density.

It's not having guns that increases or decreases violence, it's the population density. It's hard to shoot someone if you can't find someone to shoot.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are carrying a concealed gun around and about in your daily life, it's very likely that you are always thinking about it. It's such a consuming mindset.

I'm sure glad that I don't have that kind of life. Who really wants to live in a quasi-paranoid world always questioning and worrying about what's just around the corner, or what's going on behind you? Do I have enough bullets with me to keep me safe should something happen out of nowhere? Can I get to my gun fast enough? How is that really enjoying life?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
If you are carrying a concealed gun around and about in your daily life, it's very likely that you are always thinking about it. It's such a consuming mindset.

I'm sure glad that I don't have that kind of life. Who really wants to live in a quasi-paranoid world always questioning and worrying about what's just around the corner, or what's going on behind you? Do I have enough bullets with me to keep me safe should something happen out of nowhere? Can I get to my gun fast enough? How is that really enjoying life?

Must be like going through life thinking everyone is a racist Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
How sad that must be..
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
swchandler wrote:

Must be like going through life thinking everyone is a racist Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
How sad that must be..

300,000,000 weapons in the U.S., Only a handful go rogue...kinda like the KKK. Only a few hundred mentally challenged cretins and all whites are tainted by their actions. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
swchandler wrote:

How sad that must be..

300,000,000 weapons in the U.S., Only a handful go rogue...kinda like the KKK. Only a few hundred mentally challenged cretins and all whites are tainted by their actions. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

idiot thats because you and your party clearly wants them in your party. They are not welcome in the dem party...

you would lose about half of your party if racists were asked and forced to leave. again ion one right wing southern state they believed inter ratioacial marrage should be a jailable offence... again that was about half of the right wing voters who said that.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good thing that Democrats don't own guns...😂 The revolution is going to be fun.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty, have I ever called you a "racist"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 260, 261, 262 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 261 of 331

Jump to: