myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
North Korea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jpbassman



Joined: 19 May 1998
Posts: 3320
Location: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOKO willing to have a moratorium on nuclear weapons development! TRUMP DID THIS!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 9152

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy now, this isn't the first time that North Korea promised to curb their weapons development and didn't ultimately live up to their commitment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nw30



Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 5195
Location: The eye of the universe, Cen. Cal. coast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Kim offers to meet with Trump, face to face, maybe in May.
A few things.
Kim has never met with a foreign leader face to face.
If they meet in S. Korea, probably at the Peace House, just inside the S. Korean border, it will be the first time Kim has set foot in S. Korea, assuming he doesn't meet with the S. Korean president there before hand, which is also in the works.
Obama never got an offer like this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 4945

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Little Kim offers to meet with Trump, face to face, maybe in May.
A few things.
Kim has never met with a foreign leader face to face.
If they meet in S. Korea, probably at the Peace House, just inside the S. Korean border, it will be the first time Kim has set foot in S. Korea, assuming he doesn't meet with the S. Korean president there before hand, which is also in the works.
Obama never got an offer like this.



I'm trying to remember why they gave Barry a Nobile Peace Prize.

That's right there was no reason


Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MalibuGuru



Joined: 11 Nov 1993
Posts: 7794

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Easy now, this isn't the first time that North Korea promised to curb their weapons development and didn't ultimately live up to their commitment.


You've got to be kidding....This has never happened before. Kim says talks about completely disarming NK.


"A word of warning to North Korean President Kim Jong Un," the South Carolina Republican said on Twitter. "The worst possible thing you can do is meet with President Trump in person and try to play him. "If you do that, it will be the end of you ó and your regime."



Read Newsmax Article: Lindsey Graham to NKorea's Kim: Don't Try to 'Play' Trump
Urgent: Do you approve of Pres. Trumpís job performance?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MalibuGuru



Joined: 11 Nov 1993
Posts: 7794

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
swchandler wrote:
Easy now, this isn't the first time that North Korea promised to curb their weapons development and didn't ultimately live up to their commitment.


You've got to be kidding....This has never happened before. Kim says talks about completely disarming NK.


"A word of warning to North Korean President Kim Jong Un," the South Carolina Republican said on Twitter. "The worst possible thing you can do is meet with President Trump in person and try to play him. "If you do that, it will be the end of you ó and your regime."



Read Newsmax Article: Lindsey Graham to NKorea's Kim: Don't Try to 'Play' Trump
Urgent: Do you approve of Pres. Trumpís job performance?


PS, Trump will be dropping by the Nobel center for his peace prize....right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 11299
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much remains to be seen. It is possible that Trumpís crazy act brought Kim to the tableóor convinced South Korea leadership to step into the sanity role. If it results in North Korea coming to the table and entering into an agreement anything like the Iran deal, I will give him credit. But not yet.

The other side of the story is that Kim obtaining a direct negotiation with Trump is a tremendous coup for him. Nothing I have seen in the last 4o years, and particularly the last year, convinces me that Trump has the intellect and attention span to be an effective negotiator.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MalibuGuru



Joined: 11 Nov 1993
Posts: 7794

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Much remains to be seen. It is possible that Trumpís crazy act brought Kim to the tableóor convinced South Korea leadership to step into the sanity role. If it results in North Korea coming to the table and entering into an agreement anything like the Iran deal, I will give him credit. But not yet.

The other side of the story is that Kim obtaining a direct negotiation with Trump is a tremendous coup for him. Nothing I have seen in the last 4o years, and particularly the last year, convinces me that Trump has the intellect and attention span to be an effective negotiator.


You'd better assume that if Kim is messing around, Trump will jump up and strangle the little punk with his bear hands.

You liberals just don't understand how one man with balls can intimidate a bully. This bully has been punked by Trump, and the world should take note. Peace prize please...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 9152

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, you need to review our long history of agreements with North Korea. Believe it or not, our wealth of problems with North Korea concerning their nuclear weapons development programs have existed long before Kin Jung Un entered the picture.

Regarding where we are going from here, I see Kim Jung Un as a wily weasel that will not live up to any agreements with Donald Trump over the long run. Again, there is much to gain looking back into history.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 9121
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
mac wrote:
Much remains to be seen. It is possible that Trumpís crazy act brought Kim to the tableóor convinced South Korea leadership to step into the sanity role. If it results in North Korea coming to the table and entering into an agreement anything like the Iran deal, I will give him credit. But not yet.

The other side of the story is that Kim obtaining a direct negotiation with Trump is a tremendous coup for him. Nothing I have seen in the last 4o years, and particularly the last year, convinces me that Trump has the intellect and attention span to be an effective negotiator.


You'd better assume that if Kim is messing around, Trump will jump up and strangle the little punk with his bear hands.

You liberals just don't understand how one man with balls can intimidate a bully. This bully has been punked by Trump, and the world should take note. Peace prize please...


bringing the world to nuke war is not genius. It is a game of Kings because they can not be touched just the pawns die in huge numbers. trump was risking 10s of millions to billions of people dying.

trump better be ready to smell the roses, did you see what Kim did to his brother. He better stay on his side of the table.

anyway, my money is it is a delay tactic. Just as NK has done forever. He just needs a bit more time to get his nukes in place around the world, as well as ones that can not be shot down into production.

As I have said many times, the USA needs to make it clear to Chinese leaders and Putin and the oligarchs that if NK puts one nuke into action that at the same time putins and the chinese leaders armys and and police forces will be erased from the earth as well as the locations of all putins locations and Chinese leaders locations. And that our subs will be under orders to monitor world communications and whenever there is a Putin/oligarchs Chinese leader sighting it will be nuked. and the hopes are that with the military and police removed the people can overthrow the dictators and if not the subs will.

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 17 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group