myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 215, 216, 217 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chand2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Back to MTB? Reply with quote

The Stick blew decently from around 3 to 5 yesterday.
bert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Saturday Reply with quote

5.0/100L freestyle at Coyote Point with the somewhat northerly wind at 18 mph at 2 pm. Just a few out as the season is still early for most. The Golito Skate planes super-quick and a good all round board despite its freestyle lineage. It's my 15th sailing for the year with only 2 sessions on the foil. Foiling is amazing but may, in time, dull some of your windsurf skills as it is a very different way of sailing.

BTW, I left my Chinook 2 Hand Tug Cleat at the Stick this past Monday. If found, returning it would be a good Christian gesture..if you want to keep it I wouldn't blame you. I seem to lose those things with regularity. Sad

Last edited by bert on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
mogunn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bert, I have something for you. Check your PMs
chand2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Bert's Cleat Reply with quote

Bert,
Bob found your Easy-Rig tool at the Stick. If I see him before you do, I will tell him that it is your tool.
bert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: 3rd Avenue on Sunday Reply with quote

Thanks chand2. Next time I'm at the Stick I'll hang around after 3 pm as that's when Bob as well as everyone else shows up. Today at Third with up and down gusty winds in the 15 to 20 mph range. I went 5.0 Volt and 95L Fanatic freewave but had to work to make it work. 3rd was crowded with windsurfers and kiters as it is a gathering place for both groups here in the peninsula. I'm always more alert here as there is a lot of kite traffic on the water.., especially close to shore.
Goodwind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlestick was pretty windy all afternoon. The place was absolutely packed with egg hunters so space was hard to come by. Managed to get some late fun on 4.2/90. Still had a windsurfer on the water when I left at almost 7pm.
bert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Foiling at Coyote on Monday Reply with quote

Foiled the 110L RRD Firemove this Monday at Coyote with the wind at 15-17 at 1 pm with my 5.0 NorthSails Volt. I used a shorter 24 inch mast so as not to overstress the single bolt powerbox finbox. The hour ride was nice, smooth and relaxing, and I did not feel the flood chop one bit..so nice Smile I made most of my foil jibes which surprised me, but it was done in slow motion which is what foiling is all about. After 2 pm the wind increased to 20 and I got off the foil and put a regular fin on the Firemove. The difference in the ride was remarkable.., it was like going from a ride on a Cadillac Coupe de Ville to an old Ford truck in need of new shocks. My arthritic knees couldn't take it so I quit after a few runs. I was the lone sailor and when I quit at 3pm a few others arrived at the start of ebb.

firemove foil.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.09 MB
 Viewed:  13851 Time(s)

firemove foil.jpg

Last edited by bert on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Crissy on monday Reply with quote

Maiden voyage with my new RRD FSW 84. Powered to under powered 5.0 but enough to get a nice feeling for the board. It is pure RRD: smooth and easy, It retains the effortless get up and go on the plane, and somehow manages to feel more refined and agile than my old 2008 RRD FSW 85 (seen below in all its orange glory). Very different volume distribution between the two. Can't wait to finally experiment with fins with the 3-fin option and power box! Goodby U.S. Box!

Color takes a bit to get used to (I might end up painting over the yellow or blue stripes), was tempted to get the V5 version but at the end of the story it did not look much better ... I wonder why they cannot have quieter graphics! Those damn Italians!

rrd 85.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.78 KB
 Viewed:  13780 Time(s)

rrd 85.jpg

rrd 84.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  332.82 KB

rrd 84.png

rrd-freestyle-wave-v5-ltd-84.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  469.63 KB

rrd-freestyle-wave-v5-ltd-84.png

bert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto on Tuesday Reply with quote

Foiled close to home at the Palo Alto harbor today. Got there at 1 pm but had to wait till 2 pm when it was windsurf safe (and barely foil safe) at +4 ft. I used the shorter (24 inch) mast on the 110L Firemove to avoid getting stuck in the mud. The wind was only 11 mph when I launched and I pumped and slogged with the 5.0 for 20 minutes until it climbed to 13-14 at 2:30 and I was able to finally get the board up and going. Board was up and flying til I quit at 3:30. Man.. pumping and doing body gyrations for 20 minutes to get a board planing is as good as an hour at the gym. I'll sleep good tonite Wink

PA on Tuesday.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  907.14 KB
 Viewed:  13714 Time(s)

PA on Tuesday.jpg

dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Stick West coast Reply with quote

Went back to Stick for some reliable winds and I finally managed to visit its "West coast". Shocked I was out with 6.5 and my sinker slalom (the CA 52) and the wind completely dropped 500 yards on the inside. No much choice but slog toward the freeway, than upon reaching the shore have a leisure walk among rocks, mud, chairs and assorted human parts. Finally the wind sort of comes back and having gained couple of yards upwind I take off for a dead wind run to the lunching spot.

Back on the Isonic that works fine for the rest of the afternoon ....

Last edited by dvCali on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 215, 216, 217 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 216 of 329

Jump to: