myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Larry Missing in La Ventana
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TBird

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Larry Missing in La Ventana Reply with quote

For those of you with connections to La Ventana/La Paz, Larry Indermuehle from the Gorge has been missing since Tuesday. Searches are underway in the area. If you can assist or know others who can, there's information on Facebook on a public page called "Find Larry." I don't have any information other than what's there, just thought this might be a good forum to spread the word to Baja folks.
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to read about the situation with Larry. We were in Baja over Christmas and my wife has since been following the Facebook page for LaVentana. It has been quite surprising to read about the increasing number of thefts and events taking place down there. Its a magical spot, but obviously not as safe as we all think.

A strong reminder to stay vigilant and stay together when traveling in Baja.
TBird

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone with connections in Baja, here are posters to share. Please do so liberally. Let's hope that Larry himself will see one and resurface from what was just some crazy impromptu adventure.
TBird

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanish version...
TBird

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOLKS WITH LA PAZ connections: There have been some encouraging potential local sightings of Larry between La Ventana and La Paz. If you have friends or any other local contacts in that area, please ask them to copy and share the missing-person posters in this thread. Thank you.
windfind

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ventana View online newsletter posted this today Friday April 13:

Search and rescue dogs have confirmed a sighting of Larry Indermuehle on the road to La Paz by Rancho El Ancon on April 8th, Saturday night/Sunday morning 2am. It is believed he rode in a vehicle from this site towards La Paz. He may be very confused and disoriented. Please help spread the word! You can grab flyers from Quijote Coffee at the El Teso Plaza or print a copy from the Facebook page, Find Larry. Also attached below. Please post anywhere and everywhere possible. If you are driving North, grab some and a roll of tape and post at all gas stations, restaurants/little tiendas you visit! Any possible sightings, please contact Ramon Cardenas +52 612 161 8295

The map below shows the location of Rancho El Ancon. La Ventana is at the curve of the Bay you see in the map. This is a long but possible hike from wehre his ATV was found just west of the La Ventana area.

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com/ikitesurf.com
Weatheflow.com
stu2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the pleasure of working alongside Larry during his long tenure at Mt Hood Meadows. Great guy, class act, always cheerful even when his injuries kept him from doing what he loved on the water.

I don't have Facebook but if there is a way to give a donation to help fund the search for him - I'd love to know about it. Really hoping that this story has a happy ending and I'm willing to put some cash down to assist.

Thanks,
Stuart
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on this ??

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
TBird

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sorry to report that there are no real updates. Larry is still missing. We're still holding out hope; a group of his old Wisconsin buddies went down earlier this week to continue the search. Stu, to answer your question (sorry for the delay), there was talk of a GoFundMe site to help with expenses, but I don't think it happened. The search effort has had quite a few resources, including U.S. and Mexican military.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reward $/bribes Reply with quote

I watched a football game w/Larry in December. He was still using a wheelchair to get around. I offered to drive his truck to Mexico; Larry was stubborn, so of course he did it himself. When he went to Mexico, he had a short walking range. I don't believe he could have gotten more than a hundred yards radius from any point. He was debilitated, it showed, he was alone, and he was very at risk as a consequence.

I do not do Facebook. I hope there is a reward/bribe system in place or in constant development, because I think it is possible at least a couple Mexicans know something factual and could be enticed by a little $. With standing bribes offered, maybe the fear of retaliation for informing will dissipate over time and somebody will come forward anonymously with some facts, however sordid. It's vitally important to at least have a body, for the family. I suppose there is always a chance Larry is found alive, but that chance dwindles as time goes by. My heart sinks for Larry and his family.

The attitude toward Gringos (yes, I know Larry was a Mexican citizen; but he was also still a Gringo.) in Mexico has changed significantly for the worse since Trump's election campaign, during which he obviously stoked hate and fear for brown people (Mexicans and Muslims) in order to motivate poorly-educated Americans to vote for him. Many people around the world now hate Americans (worse than during Bush/Shrub) worse than they already did, and I don't believe it takes much for that hate to turn to violence. Larry consistently denied any need for extra caution in Mexico, even after Orange Hateler got elected. You can literally stick your head in the sand and maybe you get lucky and have a great time with no problems. Consider going to Mexico with caution, or don't go at all.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: