myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Adventure Sports USA - JP Australia / NeilPryde killer deals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surferslist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Adventure Sports USA - JP Australia / NeilPryde killer deals Reply with quote

Anyone else notice all the JP and NP gear listed for sale recently at https://adventuresportsusa.com/demo-used/windsurf-boards.html and https://www.ebay.com/usr/weareadventuresports? Brand new sails for as low as $350, new boards for under $800, and lots of used equipment at super reasonable prices. Wonder what the story is?

What's in your quiver?
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they're selling off 2 year old rentals and demos themselves.
manuel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gear is sold after being used in Baja. I tried contacting them about a board but in the end they weren't able to send me detailed photos about a specific board or let me know what fins/fin, straps, etc came with the board. So I was a bit reluctant buying sight unseen.

Great deals though for sure. I talked to them in the past and received photos of boards with hardware without issues. I'd love to hear from buyers here or via PM if anyone decides to share their experience. They offer a great option for me to buy since one of my forwarding companies is based on Miami.

surferslist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to hear they're coming from Baja. There's also some brand new SUPs on there at an incredible deal. I imagine those come with stock fins, etc. I would assume the used windsurf boards come with their original fins and straps, but the pictures don't show it. I'm curious what their refund policy is, should a board arrive with a big old softspot or delammed, for example. They rate boards "A", "B", "C" condition, but I can't tell any difference from the photos provided (i.e. no obvious repair). I'll contact and let you know how it goes.

What's in your quiver?
surferslist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted them on their website Chat. I asked if the used board came with footstraps and what fins and was told they will have to unpack the board to check. So I sent an email (to Monica) and asked for a reply to it after that has been checked.

I also asked about board condition and grading. I was told that the boards are thoroughly inspected and any with soft spots or other big problems are removed from those offered for sale. "A" condition means great condition and NO repairs; perhaps general used wear/tear. "B" means good condition and may have small repairs. "C" means good condition, too, but may have "professional" repairs that would "not affect performance".

As far as refund policy, I was told to check the board condition when picking up (I assume air-cargo shipment) and before signing off on it. I guess that means that if you find any problems, don't sign and leave it at the airport for them to return.

What's in your quiver?
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tempting for sure. Notice that those Thruster Quads have slot box FCS
(i.e. surfboard fins) for the central fin boxes. Not necessarily a bad thing,
but you can't put a very large fin in there, and it's not compatible with
standard windsurf fins if you were thinking of using your current windsurf fins.

-Craig
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Black Project Fins, and Makani Fins make fairly large slot box fins.
surferslist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, they confirmed the presence of footstraps and fins, but couldn't clarify which fins or provide pictures without opening up the packaged board, which would take a few days. I figure the Thruster Quad includes the 3-fin setup it originally came with. That's the board I was interested in, incidentally.

Initially I was a bit hesitant about the center fin slot box. But then I read this: http://www.blackprojectfins.com/2013/03/27/us-box-to-slot-box-fin-conversion-quick-guide/.

I decided to go for it and ordered the "B" condition, given the price and assurance of no major repairs. I could have waited on more pics, but, honestly, if they're wrapped up tight and have survived international shipment already, I'd rather not rock that boat and risk a poor re-packaging or missing vent screw scenario. Also, at that price I figured it's only a matter of time someone else jumps on it. And, if I find any major problems on delivery, then I just won't sign for it.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

What's in your quiver?
surferslist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Board arrived today. Very fast delivery, to my door. No signature confirmation required. I checked it quickly and the FedEx driver was super nice and helped me unpack it to check.

Everything looks ok, as far as I can tell, except a fin is missing. I was told a set of fins and straps came with the board, but now they are telling me:
Quote:
The used boards might have fins but not the whole set ...since the boards are used we cannot promise it includes everything as a brand new one".

This is NOT what I was told before I ordered, which was
Quote:
The two boards have fin and straps included. The “B” condition board looks like it had a small repair on the nose, “ A: condition boards don’t have repairs.

What's in your quiver?
akrausz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's important to you, I would politely say to them something like:

"I posted on iWindsurf about your boards for sale so that other people would know about it. I expected a complete board. I had not worked in the possibility of having to buy a fin. If a used board is incomplete, then I should have been told up front. There is no indication on your website that the board might be incomplete. It would be like delivering a used car with a tire missing."

Personally, I bought one of those board recently, and I'm quite happy with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: