myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
2018 Tabou 3S Classic
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions 1and 2, the worldwide experts on any category will be along.

The remainder , says you buy what you think will suit you and bypass the rest.
You support free enterprise .
The manufacture, is mostly Cobra, the companies define the board character, as shape etc all , as in Tabou, Starboard, this in some degree is what they think the consumer wants and or needs, consumer being Worldwide, not just USA.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
acalhounguy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. I'm aware of Cobra - I know nothing of the business and am thankful for the great designs coming out despite what I imagine to be a hard slog to profitability. Godspeed windsurfing equipment manufacturers for all our sakes.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Tabou would have called the 2017 anything else besides the 3s, the board would have received much better reviews. Its different than the old version.
Its hard to compete with a legend..
GarryW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are there negative reviews of the 2017 3S? I haven't seen them. I have both the 2017 106 and 86 3S and love them.
JulieRoe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2016 3S started "peeling" after 14 months. Tabou would not even talk to me about it because it was past the 12 month warranty. I have 20 yr old boards that have never done anything like that. Wouldn't recommend Tabou for that reason.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about you board. No issues with my Rockets or the 3s boards that I have been riding since 2009. My 2012 3s 96 gets used alot in flat water and waves. 100 days a year in 4.2 to 5.8 conditions. I remove the vet plug after use and store the board inside. Also before I ride any new board, I pad the area between the back and front straps (stomp area) also the nose with NSI dual density pads. Adds very little weight and a lot of protection. Something that I learned from Eva the board lady
GuyT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GarryW wrote:
Where are there negative reviews of the 2017 3S? I haven't seen them. I have both the 2017 106 and 86 3S and love them.

Well, Gary, both French mags "Wind" and "Planchemag" in their 2017 tests issues had mixed feelings on the the new shape: not that the new shape is a bad one, but it is quite a departure from what people expect from a 3S: a comfortable and forgiving board. The new shape apparently is a very exciting, maybe too exciting to some...

Wind Mag recently tested both boards (the 96 3S and the 97 Classic 3S) the verdict is:

- The Classic for conservative riders looking a well tamed freeride board

- The new shape for a more exciting ride in all conditions and sky high jumps.

They finish the article by saying that the decision may be complicated with Tabou's new addition, the Da Bomb, that is not too far from being a freewave shape, according to them.

Anyways, we can only applause that Tabou is giving us options, contrary to some others.

Meanwhile in Cape Hatteras, 24 on 29, my best trip here so far.
fxop

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a 3S Classic 107 last fall. I love it. I would buy an 85L version in a heartbeat, but not available!

It planes, points, has a soft ride, feels glued to the water in my imperfect jibes and turns.

Tried Da Bomb 84L '18, but did not bond with it.

Looking for a wave board that planes and points. Would like to get a softer ride than my old trusty 85L Exocet Original Wave, my every day board. Probably want single fin as my attempts to find something I like in quad have failed so far.

fxop
capetonian

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fxop wrote:
I got a 3S Classic 107 last fall. I love it. I would buy an 85L version in a heartbeat, but not available!

It planes, points, has a soft ride, feels glued to the water in my imperfect jibes and turns.

Tried Da Bomb 84L '18, but did not bond with it.

Looking for a wave board that planes and points. Would like to get a softer ride than my old trusty 85L Exocet Original Wave, my every day board. Probably want single fin as my attempts to find something I like in quad have failed so far.

fxop

Look for the Quatro Sphere - it's a tri fin but has a single fin nature. They made it from 2012 to 2017. In it's first year (2012) it was called the LS Thruster.
capetonian

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this on facebook. Don't know the seller, but the board looks like a good replacement for an Exocet Original Wave 85.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1727103254174491/permalink/2041656689385811/?sale_post_id=2041656689385811
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: