myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 338, 339, 340 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
"The "enormous resistance from the left" is the main stream media 24/7 ever since the day he was elected, and it continues.
The dems in office are realizing that staying on the "resistance" movement may not be a winning strategy, so they have been backing off lately. The perceived "blue wave" has been turning purple."

Another good laugh...thanks NW...you're now king of the snowflakes....omg...

swchandler wrote:
NW30, it's so predicable that you would categorize the free press as the "enormous resistance from the left". You have to remember that the news and commentary coming the free press is largely focusing on what Donald Trump says and how he has been conducting himself as president. Just the wealth of lies and deception regularly being spewed by Trump guarantees a critical and often negative focus on his questionable statements and actions.

How anyone with half a brain can look the other way and think that Trump is great for America is a terribly sad state of affairs. While many in the free press valiantly attempt to inform and enlighten the witless, the "alternate facts", misinformation and propaganda coming from Fox News, right wing internet sources and talk radio are providing a cocoon of sorts to wash out and ignore reality. This cocoon world is arguably like a crippling drug addiction.

Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing
There are no words

P.S. Snowflakes wouldn't post here, it's not a "safe space".
mac

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, your boys Techno—sacrificing public health on the altar of Mammon. https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/14/emails-white-house-interfered-with-science-study-536950

It’s ok, the impacts fall disproportionately on communities of color. It was more important to give the Koch’s a tax break than to fix contaminated water in Flint. But the tax code has been simplified. That’s worth a few deaths and a little brain damage.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turns out this guy is a lawyer and notes on his webpage he is fluent in spanish for business...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/angry-white-dude-apos-rant-203103568.html

Angry White Man's Rant About People Speaking Spanish In NYC Goes Viral

Quote:
A customer at a New York restaurant tried to chew out employees after he heard them speaking Spanish.

Instead, his fellow customers laughed at his rant, especially his threat to report the restaurant to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Maher stated that Donald Trump’s mother was an orange haired Orangutan. Should he be fired?
mac

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I guess right that someone tweets the material Bard posts?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Bill Maher stated that Donald Trump’s mother was an orange haired Orangutan. Should he be fired?

ACTUALLY. ABC fired Maher for his behavior already. That's why he's on HBO and not ABC. Maybe FOX or HBO will pickup Roseanne.

BUT. There is a big difference between calling a white guy an ape or calling a black woman an ape. If you do not see the difference, or understand the history behind racial slurs, perhaps a little research should be something you consider.

Both you and Matty toss around thinly veiled racial slurs (your comparison is just that Malibu...even by equating the two insults shows a greivous misunderstanding of the struggle blacks have faced in this country).

Try something Matty and Malibu. Just google one of these racial slurs before you use them. There is a ton of historical information out there.

To be clear, I thought Colbert should have been fired for his cock holster comment...very poor taste and homophobic. I indicated that here. Maher is a slime ball.

(any spelling errors on this post are intentional to help Mac feel superior)
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:

ACTUALLY. ABC fired Maher for his behavior already. That's why he's on HBO and not ABC. Maybe FOX or HBO will pickup Roseanne.

BUT. There is a big difference between calling a white guy an ape or calling a black woman an ape. If you do not see the difference, or understand the history behind racial slurs, perhaps a little research should be something you consider.

Both you and Matty toss around thinly veiled racial slurs (your comparison is just that Malibu...even by equating the two insults shows a greivous misunderstanding of the struggle blacks have faced in this country).

Try something Matty and Malibu. Just google one of these racial slurs before you use them. There is a ton of historical information out there.

To be clear, I thought Colbert should have been fired for his cock holster comment...very poor taste and homophobic. I indicated that here. Maher is a slime ball.

Cobo Malibu has Never said anything racial, you are wrong or waaaay too sensitive. I have said my share of suggestive things and recently have been calling the Chinese chinks because I think they a rotten to the core, I make no apologies for calling people that are raping me country bad names.

As far as Rosanne goes I have done nothing but condemn her. Please read my post before you attack me.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty

No. I completely disagree.

You can call a white person an ape. It is NOT the same as calling a black person an ape. Because there is a history in this country of using ape as a racial slur. A way to put down blacks as being less human and, therefore, exploitable.

So. When you, or Malibu, claim these insults by Maher, or Colbert, are, somehow equal to the insult by Roseanne, it is showing a basic misunderstanding, or insensitivity, to the plights of blacks in this country. That's my point.

You may think it's clever to use terms like "jump shot" in describing Obama. But, that would not be understanding the history of basketball leagues that did not allow black players.

You may think "half breed" is also cute. Doesn't mean anything right? To you...maybe. To a black person it means something different. It is a way to use race as another way to diminish the value of a human over something he cannot change.

If I am "overly sensitive" by your standards, it is meaningless to me. Because you, quite simply, do not want to educate yourself about this issue.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:

Cobo Malibu has Never said anything racial, you are wrong or waaaay too sensitive. I have said my share of suggestive things and recently have been calling the Chinese chinks because I think they a rotten to the core, I make no apologies for calling people that are raping me country bad names.

As far as Rosanne goes I have done nothing but condemn her. Please read my post before you attack me.

Still as ignorant as ever Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
nw30

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:

So. When you, or Malibu, claim these insults by Maher, or Colbert, are, somehow equal to the insult by Roseanne, it is showing a basic misunderstanding, or insensitivity, to the plights of blacks in this country. That's my point.

Are you sure you want to go there?
It sounds like you think racist humor (Roseanne) is worse than homophobic humor (Colbert), I wouldn't be willing to walk out onto that thin ice, you're on your own with that one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 338, 339, 340 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 339 of 457

Jump to: