myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Chrysler Town n Country 2014 Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Chrysler Town n Country 2014 Review Reply with quote

On my 3rd Town and Country, 2014 being the latest. It was was until 2016, then replaced by a variation , Pacifica .
From 2011 the engine is a much more refined version than previous, Pentastar 24valve DOHC, fromducing 285hp in the 3.6 liters version. Made in Canada. For a mini van the performance is very good, with a manual shift automatic if desired to use.

The interior has the fold and go seats, both 2nd and 3rd row fold FLAT into the floor. The interior middle height is deminished some from previous years due to the dvd screen and center cargo little pockets .

I use a PVC pipe board carry platform . It was made to hold 4 boards, but does hold 5 if the top one is not so fat. The space between on long distance voyages holds booms, and on the side of boards , sails if needed .The bottom rack is above the floor enough to hold masts, laying ion the floor.

Last trip to Hatteras , with 8 boards, 7 inside one on the roof. 5 on the rack, and 2 set on their side.10 sails, 4 booms.

The gas mileage is what I felt may interest many :: 5500 k overall average 25.65 MPG, this with 1 board on the roof each way.
Gas on another trip covering roughly 5500K was 27.6 MPG without any roof cargo. Showing 1 board on the roof as 1.95MPG less, I feel is really low , local driving would negate this a lot. No board bag, tail forward, on one trip , nose forward on another.

YMMV
J64TWB

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good mpg. At what speed? My car's mpg varies immensely depending on speed, headwind, outside temperature and rain. May be 21mpg at 70 or 31 at 55. It gets 17 around town in winter
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefish1 wrote:
That's good mpg. At what speed? My car's mpg varies immensely depending on speed, headwind, outside temperature and rain. May be 21mpg at 70 or 31 at 55. It gets 17 around town in winter

Majority of my mileage is interstate , 73MPH, some 2 lane where 60mph . In 10000 miles probably 300 miles, some of that is very hilly.

Hardly ever 55MPH, I’m usually 5-8 MPH over posted, except when its 75mph.

In 12000 miles in one year, Ive experienced most weather , except extreme Hurricane or Tornado conditions.

The T n C has a Econ mode, also at times it increases MPG by .5, It does change the shift points at times a advantage when cruise is engaged.

Since you didnt disclose what you CAR is , its MPG is of little comparison .

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
skyking1231

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2012. On strictly hoghway 60mph, i can get 28mph. Nothing strapped to roof... i hit 30mpg once ...but that was filling up, and hitting the interstate right away, and no stopping.

My one complaint with the town and country.....brakes. I go through them like toilet paper. My first set of rotors warped at 10,000 miles. And with after market ones i get 15-20k miles .... all my calipers had to be replaced.

It seems that this car should have had the next size rotors installed on them.

Other than that...i like my van....fits all windsurfing boards....mountain bikes...skis/snowboars

And i can lay a 4x8 sheet of plywood FLAT on the floor....no leaning up on a wheel well or anything.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have experienced no issues with premature brake replacement .

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: