myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
How much is the board supposed to weigh?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmf wrote:
As previously noted here, the foot straps and Mast base weigh in the neighborhood of 1.5 lbs. Rigatoni says the board also has thrusters in it, I suggest weighing the thrusters and adding that weight to the 1.5 lbs that the straps and MB weigh. The total will be pretty close to 17 lbs. And remember, that the bathroom scale is ok to use for one lb increments, but for anything smaller that that, you are not getting useful information.

None of my production boards weigh what the manufacturer publishes. Usually they come in a few tenths heavier. I suspect that they weigh them without pads, but I don't know. If there is a bit of water in your Goya, so be it. You will never get it out after the amount of time that it has been in there. A bit of water will not hurt the performance of the board. If you let it freeze in there it won't be good.....probably best to take the plug out except for sailing. Put a two bolt chinook on the board and store the plug inside of it with the slider in. That way you will remember to put in back into the board. Enjoy the board. it's not going to blow up if you take the plug out when not sailing and keep it out of the sun as much as possible.

KMF
Thanks I missed that the thrusters were installed, K4s 8cm 4oz G10 BPF 13cm 10oz. Closeer to an additional pound. My assessment is its normal , unless visual clues say otherwise

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not do anything except sail the board. I doubt you have a problem. Is there any evidence of repairs? Check fin box and mast track for cracks. Hull weight is without fins mast base and foot straps +or - 6% . So .06 x 14.5 = .87 + 14.5 = 15.37. Now add the weight of your fins mast base and straps. Your board is light!

No worries!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: