myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 230, 231, 232 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmarik

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Coyote point marina Reply with quote

dvCali,
There is a small beach cca 100 yards downwind from the launch. I have never had to use it and I am not sure if it exists at really high tide. The NW wind yesterday took me couple hundred yards downwind form the yellow buoy where I met few guys from the regular launch.

coyote.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  441.4 KB
 Viewed:  14492 Time(s)

coyote.png

ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: 2018-06-20 Sherman Island Access in the morning Reply with quote

With the flood tide, I ran up the river from the Access to the Sign and then hitchhiked back to get my car. Returning to the Access, as I got on the river with a 5.0 sail, the wind picked up for awhile, with waves at the playpen (image).

2018-06-20 Sherman Island morning windsurfing.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.88 MB
 Viewed:  14447 Time(s)

2018-06-20 Sherman Island morning windsurfing.png

dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Coyote point marina Reply with quote

jmarik wrote:
dvCali,
There is a small beach cca 100 yards downwind from the launch. I have never had to use it and I am not sure if it exists at really high tide. The NW wind yesterday took me couple hundred yards downwind form the yellow buoy where I met few guys from the regular launch.

Wow ... that looks a bit scary! But I guess in a ebb would work fine.

On other news: two more good days at Coyote, 5.0 and 5.0, that can be 4.3 at the outside Markers. Serious swell today, breaking! ... did I mentioned I love the Starboard 81? It makes 4.3 conditions in breaking swell feel playful!
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Sherman Goes Off As Predicted Reply with quote

I sailed a slight ebb tide in the mid-afternoon as the wind was approaching 30 on the graph, using a 4.2 sail and 75L board (I am 185 lbs.). This was one of the best days of the year at the Access.

2018-06-24 jump.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  946.36 KB
 Viewed:  14057 Time(s)

2018-06-24 jump.png

dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Coyote point June 26 Reply with quote

Lovely day at Coyote. Wind is a bit weak and more northerly than usual but I rig the Point-7 5.8 and go out with the RRD 90. It is ebbing and the wind on the outside is soon worth a solid 5.0, with some nice swell and little chop (it is ebbing). The RRD is incredibly smooth in these conditions, fast, and ultra stable while jumping. Very very nice. Lots of people out including four foils. Today the unavoidable repeat ...
kevinkan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 2018-06-20 Sherman Island Access in the morning Reply with quote

ERROR!!! wrote:
With the flood tide, I ran up the river from the Access to the Sign and then hitchhiked back to get my car. Returning to the Access, as I got on the river with a 5.0 sail, the wind picked up for awhile, with waves at the playpen (image).

i love that inside port kicker on a flood... of course needs to have the wind filled into the playpen too to take advantage of it.

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
loopy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Pleasure Point on 06-18-2018 Reply with quote

windward1 wrote:
Another nice day at Pleasure Point yesterday. Launched my Angulo 10'-2" with my Ezzy Elite 6.1 at New Brighton State Beach and headed up the coast to check out how the south swell was performing at the various wave breaks. Generally it was performing very well. Caught a wave or two at many of the breaks. Also sailed by the boats in the Capitola Anchorage. Two fishing boats in. One from Kodiak, Alaska and one from Bellingham, Washington. Pretty fun cruise with a good waves at various points along the way.
[img][/img]

hi, can you share which model garmin you are using for tracking? do you have info on the spatial accuracy of the tracks and speed? am trying to find a waterproof tracker. if you have suggestions for an inexpensive (almost disposable) tracker that would be much appreciated. thanks in advance
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Loopy,
Sure. It is a Garmin Forerunner 310XT. I do not think that particular model is made anymore, but can still be found online. Or at least when I got mine, a second one after losing the first in the drink, I was still able to find it online.
I have mine set up for running as it did not have windsurfing. It is the size of a large watch so on your wrist you can check what is happening. I have the upper half of the screen set for speed (in mph) and the lower left with the maximum read for the timed period. On the lower right I have the time of day.
It is accurate and can be checked against your car speedometer. If accelerating or decelerating the speed displayed is about three seconds behind. However the peak maximum will pick up whatever your instantaneous peak speed was.
There can be inaccuracies related to speed. If you wipe out and the watch is underwater for too long, it loses the satellites and when it comes topside it may start showing numbers that are a mite high. And your friends won't believe you, no matter how much you point at your watch, that you attained a peak speed of 468 mph.
Also, when you first turn it on and it is finding satellites, for a minute or so it will be sort of resetting itself and oscillating through numbers that could be in the thousands. Let it steady our on zero for a half minute before starting the timer.
The watch automatically connects to your computer if you have the antenna plugged in and the watch is on and nearby. Once the data transfer is complete, one goes to Garmen Connect to view the data and tracks. I believe the accuracy of the tracks is within a meter or two. Once or twice I have noted errors where the track was off by about ten meters. That is rare, though and only for a tiny section of the overall track. Most of it was good.
The Garmin Connect seems to automatically ignore those outliers like that 468 mph wipe out. You won't see that value on the displays of the data and track.
I am happy with the product.
W1
bert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Kona at the Stick Reply with quote

Had fun with the longboard at the Stick this Friday. The big board got planing quickly on the 6.0 Sailworks Flyer and rode fast and jibed easily in the gusty Stick winds. Forgot how awesome the board is since I got bitten by the foil bug.

Kona CarbOne.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.6 KB
 Viewed:  12590 Time(s)

Kona CarbOne.jpg

bert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Sunday at 3rd Reply with quote

Hit a sandbar at Third this Sunday just past noontime..ouch!
Wind was 20 at the channel and a bit lighter on the inside. I was on a 5.2 Flyer.
That's me limping home after the incident.

sandbar hit at 3rd.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.28 KB
 Viewed:  12453 Time(s)

sandbar hit at 3rd.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 230, 231, 232 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 231 of 329

Jump to: