myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tough Beginner sails
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try treating the sail nicer.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ezzy sails are well known for durability and quality.
thombiz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree with NOVAAN about Ezzy's. But, I will add that I also like pre 2015 Goya's. You didn't mention what wind speed so I will try to fill in some of the blanks. Ezzy's are good in all sizes so a good 8.5 Cheetah can get you going really fast in about 17 mph winds. I'm equally fond of the Ezzy Infinity and the Ezzy Lion. I'm a sail repair guy and I really love Ezzy's because they really are that durable. I provide sail repairs, but truth be told, I prefer not to have sails show up at my door for repair because it usually cuts into my time on the water so I like sails that are durable. If you are talking used "budget" sails then you should consider Goya rental sails from Maui Windsurf Company. Specifically, you should consider their pre 2015 Goya Guru and Eclipse models. I have three of these sails and they are fantastic sails on the water and as purchased from Maui Windsurf Company, they are in good "used" condition. The price is especially attractive. Although it is a personal choice, I prefer the Goya's on the water feel to any other brand I've sailed. Over 6.8 size, I prefer Ezzy. I own all Goya from 6.8 down (except for a Revo 6.2) and Ezzy from 7.5 up. I own and sail them because of the way they feel on the water and their incredible durability. That said, when recently, my 6.2 needed replacement, I couldn't find a pre-2015 Goya in my size so I opted for the Sailworks Revo 6.2. This is a remarkably good sail and it is very durablely made. Again, this is from a sail repair guy who has made over 10,000 sail repairs. These are sails I choose for my own use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: