myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Maryhill/Rufus smoke report?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Maryhill/Rufus smoke report? Reply with quote

I was not there. But it looks like conditions were spectacular at the Wall yesterday. But what about the smoke? Did it burn the eyes or did it miss the Wall? Thanks.

Looks like there could be minor delays today at Biggs. But, so far, 97 is open.
windfind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi biffmalibu,

No smoke at The Wall or on the water. The W to WNW carried the smoke away from The Wall. Unfortunately, The Wall needs more WSWly wind for great conditions.

Most of the time the strong wind was on the Oregon half of the river. At 180 lbs. I was on a 4.7 and 4.2 at the boat ramp sometimes overpowered on the Oregon side and usually underpowered to slogging on the WA side. There were periods when many people were slogging across the river.

The Wall sensor was accurate but ONLY for the Oregon side of the river. Conditions at times were much like the photo below. The pattern was exactly like I described in this blog:

http://blog.weatherflow.com/west-coast-wind-blog-the-wall-wind-direction-and-2-venturis/

I left at 3:45 and it may have gotten better after that. It was worth the drive but not a classic Wall day.

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com/ikitesurf.com
Weatheflow.com

TheWallGlassy-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  210.52 KB
 Viewed:  16158 Time(s)

TheWallGlassy-1.jpg

donmcd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: The Wall on the 18th Reply with quote

Great post. Was there on a Kite after 4 and it did get better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: