myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
2018 Kona Worlds - Florida - Late Oct.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
konajoe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: 2018 Kona Worlds - Florida - Late Oct. Reply with quote

2018 Kona Worlds will be held in late October in Clearwater, Fl. http://2018worlds.konaone.com

Last time I checked, charter boards were still available. There are 62 registered already (including every single person who beat me the last time I went to a Kona Worlds). Total participants should easily reach 100.
DelCarpenter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must do events like this while I still can. Registered in April, and reserved a room across from the event site. I'm anticipating another wonderful time at a Kona Worlds in FL.
konajoe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

84 preregistered as of the end of September. Well over half are from outside the US. Last minute Americans should push the entries over 100.
Darbonne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun Joe and Del. It's going to be epic. I'll be keeping up from my computer at work. Maybe next time.
DelCarpenter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2018 Kona Worlds, Clearwater Beach FL. 83 competitors, 11 aged 65 or more, more than 20 under age 18, oldest was 80, youngest was 12. In Silver Fleet I was 26th of 34; I used a 7.8 even though by weight I could have used a 9.0 (but I had a lot of trouble handling the swell on some days). There were 49 in the Gold Fleet.
I had a great time. The video here is from 10-26-18 when we had a fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NW8bjwPKHM afternoon free sailing in the bay (races didn't start until the 27th). In the first 3-4 minutes there are 15 scenes with dolphin sightings; I'm visible for about 4 seconds at 5:04...blue sail (2864), yellow life jacket, black long sleeved t-shirt & black slacks for sunburn protection.
In one of the gulf side races three dolphins crossed in front of me, close enough that when the 3rd one blew its spout I could feel the spray!
They announced the 2019 Kona Worlds will be on Lake Garda in northern Italy in August. The 2020 Kona Worlds will be in Bermuda in the spring.
Sailing with a large group of friends is a great experience. Racing with friends is even better.
gregnw44

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a cool experience Del... thanks for the report.

I followed lots of it... you all had diverse sailing experiences... plenty of great pics and vids... and very close racing!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: