myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Candlestick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctuna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems no harder to me to get over the cement and it doesn't run the whole length of the fence.
I heard this surprise from one on the local guys. They had falsified the
Environmental report and it turns out there is a lot of toxic waste
in the ground which is putting the whole development in a freeze state.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2018/04/09/fake-soil-testing-san-francisco-shipyard-fivepoint.html

http://abc7news.com/business/report-shopping-center-construction-at-candlestick-point-suspended/3309243/
Goodwind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those hated cement blocks were installed a few months after "Fast Times at the Stick"
http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33195&sid=55a11adfcafad9e958f95a1a874245c5

As David witnessed, a car crashed through the wooden fence in February and created a huge opening. With that, local guys were getting in and out of the park there, completely bypassing the main entrance which usually got locked up after 7PM. In essence, they had the park 24/7 for a period of time and I suspect that might have made the park popular with illegal activities after dark and some spilled into daytime. State Park erected cement blocks to stop all that the cheap way.

Yeah, being in a poor neighborhood, Candlestick Park is certainly in decay, the Skid-O-Kans are disgusting (most windsurfers don't use it anyway) and the cement blocks are a mild inconvenient, but I have yet found a local venue that is often windy, sunny, easy on the knees, free of boat traffics, free of kites, free of fog and no ebb tide, flood tide, high tide or low tide issues. Most of the time you can plane right off the beach. Great place for showboating if you have the skill. Unlike some other venues, if I want to get wet, I can safely sup when no wind, windsup with light wind and windsurf with enough wind. It has the best outdoor shower in the Bay Area, and best of all, it's only 20-25 min from home. Laughing

Last edited by Goodwind on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Goodwind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

repeat
chand2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Police Came By the Stick Last Night Reply with quote

The police came by and kicked us out yesterday at the Stick. They said they did not care that we parked there over and over for 25 years. There is no parking on the street. They said that the signs used to be there that said No Parking, but someone took them down. This is a lie. There used to be signs that said No Parking on Game Days, and they listed all the game days for the Giants/Niners.
I think that if they get a call they decide to kick everyone out, no matter who it is.
ctuna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds about right.
Ranger said it was OK the day they put the Cement blocks in.
I notice they started construction again on the big mounds.
(maybe not a coincidence)
At what time did they come by.
chand2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Cops at tbe Stiick Reply with quote

The cops came by after 4:30. If they just want us to leave I wish they would just tell us the truth. I resent them telling us lies to make us leave when we all know they are making up crap.
chand2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: No Parking On Game Days at the Stick Reply with quote

Attached picture is of the signs they used to have retricting parking by the water at the Stick. The signs listed the dates of the games at the stadium. There was no parking by the water on game days because they were charging huge bucks for parking at the stadium.

Candlestick Parking_Signs.png
 Description:
Parking sign
 Filesize:  535.89 KB
 Viewed:  17729 Time(s)

Candlestick Parking_Signs.png

bert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a young, wet behind the ears, cop..hopefully it'll pass, otherwise we'll need to park in the circle where the locals go. I don't mind as I always parked there 10 years back...how time flies.
ctuna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Circle sometimes looks scary and the donut/drifter guys are in there sometimes
now to.
Goodwind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we've gotten an OK from Captain Vaswani back in 2015 that we could park on the road.

http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29716&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40&sid=e3e39894946a4add0524eb6ba19d0b7b

I think it was just a couple of rogue cops. We always parked between two No Parking Signs with an arrow. The sign near our launching area has an arrow pointing left; 1/4 mile up the road, the second sigh has an arrow pointing right. A 12 year old could tell you between these two signs, it is NOT no parking. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: