myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Swap meets rule!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject: Swap meets rule! Reply with quote

I got a killer board at the swap. Already tested it out on a huge day, 7/2 Rowena to Doug's and back with a 9.25" enduro fin. The wind graph does NOT do justice to the solidity of the wind that afternoon; solid 3.2m for me, and the swells were big and exciting/scary. A 2003 Naish 248cm Quest wave board with 9.25" enduro fin. Some nicks in the paint. I got the board from CGWA, and there were many other boards available. What a great time to try some new gear! Try a swap meet! Too much fun.

20180705_205544.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  338.57 KB
 Viewed:  24493 Time(s)

20180705_205544.jpg

20180705_205528.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  534.14 KB
 Viewed:  24493 Time(s)

20180705_205528.jpg

isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it fantastic to find a great board that pays for itself on its first windy day?!! That's mighty hard to do at $2,000 ... or $1,000 ... or even $100 ... often including a good bag, fin, footstraps, and//or two-bolt mast base plate. Yet I know MANY locals who refuse to even visit swap meets, for reasons I can't understand. To top it off, the money goes to the CGWA and its many public causes.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed on all points, Iso. It is very tough to go wrong at a swap meet. So much FUN to try a new board!

Now, if we can just get some more folks (including industry "all stars"...come ON, PEOPLE! Serious kudos to Mike from Chinook, by the way, for "showing up" in so many ways.) to show up at the Pray for Wind parties. It could be inspirational to see some classic BIG Gorge faces (no disrespect to Bart's big face) in attendance. And of course more money goes into the CGWA for major stuff, such as Swell City ownership, the Hook and Waterfront Park launches, Blackberry Beach development, etc. Windsurfing is not yet dead in USA, but it appears to be struggling mightily in the Gorge. Why give up on it?
skyhigh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re:swap meet rules!!! Reply with quote

Hey biffnalibu, I luv the swap meet/sale too.~ I get 99% of my gear at the swaps and I've gotton some really nice sails...!! for literally penny on the dollar! Yur board that u scored Looks like a Nice ride... ~ nice thay u were able to sample it ~ Oh, and btw I got the goods at Rufus on the 1st and 2nd...!😎5.3 then 4.2 woe ~ have a great season in the Gorge and stay healthy ~ see U on the water...skyhigh
CGW2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the support for the CGWA Swap Meets! We are always getting very nice equipment donated to us for supporting what we do, and it is rewarding to pass along this great gear at great prices to all of you looking to save a few bucks. As many of you know, we advocate year 'round for access, river safety and kids programs here in the Gorge, and even help support a kid's program in Mankato, Minnesota! Our next Swap is at Luhr Jensen lot on August 11th, and our last one of the season is Sunday Sept. 2nd at Luhr Jensen also. The King of the Hook is on Saturday August 18th, from 5-8pm, so keep the freestyle costumes handy. Also, if you have anything you would like to donate, contact the CGWA at cgwa1987@gmail.com Thanks again to all of you for supporting what we do, and check out gorgewindsurfing.org for weather, events, and membership. Fair Winds, Bart
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: LAST SWAP SEPT. 2, SUNDAY, Waterfront Park Reply with quote

Looking forward to obtaining a replacement 5.0m sail (mine is becoming opaque and a hazard for anybody downwind of me). Damn, I missed King of the Hook this year (amazing old-school freestyle, complete with hilarious play-by-play commentary).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: