myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 722, 723, 724 ... 1352, 1353, 1354  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
By Jennifer Rubin
August 16 at 9:15 AM
Email the author
President Trump has issued shameful tweets, offensive tweets and self-serving tweets. Rarely, however, has he sent out a tweet that better conveys his abject ignorance about the country and economics than the tweet he posted Wednesday:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Our Country was built on Tariffs, and Tariffs are now leading us to great new Trade Deals - as opposed to the horrible and unfair Trade Deals that I inherited as your President. Other Countries should not be allowed to come in and steal the wealth of our great U.S.A. No longer!

8:04 AM - Aug 15, 2018
40.4K people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
No, no, no.

Our country was founded on a principle Trump often seems unacquainted with: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.”

Unless Trump wants to retreat to a 1776-sized economy or relive the Great Depression (care of Smoot-Hawley) it’s best we not follow the outdated mercantilist philosophy that was supplanted fortunately by Adam Smith who deplored tariffs (“extraordinary restraints upon the importation of almost all sorts of goods from those countries with which the balance of trade is supposed to be disadvantageous”). Unlike Trump, Smith knew that a balance of trade “deficit” is not disadvantage, let alone a debt to be repaid or money stolen from us:

Nothing … can be more absurd than this whole doctrine of the balance of trade, upon which, not only these restraints, but almost all the other regulations of commerce are founded.

When two places trade with one another, this doctrine supposes that, if the balance be even, neither of them either loses or gains; but if it leans in any degree to one side, that one of them loses and the other gains in proportion to its declension from the exact equilibrium. Both suppositions are false. A trade which is forced by means of bounties and monopolies may be and commonly is disadvantageous to the country in whose favour it is meant to be established, as I shall endeavour to show hereafter. But that trade which, without force or constraint, is naturally and regularly carried on between any two places is always advantageous, though not always equally so, to both.

Trump’s zero-sum economics is wrong, and as we see, harmful to America. (“From Wisconsin to South Carolina, small businesses are starting to lay off employees, and they’re citing Trump’s tariffs. Many firms have warned that the worst is yet to come.”)
mac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just two more signs of the overwhelming incompetence of the Trump administration--the band of thieves.

Alan Fram reports "The government has made only incremental improvements to its troubled efforts to care for migrant children detained entering the U. S. without their parents..."

Quote:
The Waters of the United States rule is back in effect in 26 states after the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina issued a nationwide injunction on the Trump administration's delay of the rule, which the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers intends to revise. District court judges have stayed the rule in the remaining 24 states. (E&E News)
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Just two more signs of the overwhelming incompetence of the Trump administration--the band of thieves.

Alan Fram reports "The government has made only incremental improvements to its troubled efforts to care for migrant children detained entering the U. S. without their parents..."

Quote:
The Waters of the United States rule is back in effect in 26 states after the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina issued a nationwide injunction on the Trump administration's delay of the rule, which the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers intends to revise. District court judges have stayed the rule in the remaining 24 states. (E&E News)

Tough shit their parents have no respect for our laws...
mac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you knuckle dragging anti-environment folks tired of losing yet?

Quote:
The Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia threw out the Environmental Protection Agency's delay of the Obama-era regulation updating chemical plant safety standards, ruling that the Clean Air Act prevents the agency from delaying its enforcement. The ruling over the regulation, finalized a week before President Donald Trump's inauguration, marked the third court loss for the EPA under Trump in just over a week. (The Hill)

Why should children fleeing violence in another country know more about American laws that the foxes that Trump has tried to put in charge of the hen coops?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Quote:
The Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia threw out the Environmental Protection Agency's delay of the Obama-era regulation updating chemical plant safety standards, ruling that the Clean Air Act prevents the agency from delaying its enforcement. The ruling over the regulation, finalized a week before President Donald Trump's inauguration, marked the third court loss for the EPA under Trump in just over a week. (The Hill)

Why should children fleeing violence in another country know more about American laws that the foxes that Trump has tried to put in charge of the hen coops?

American children face violence and homelessness everyday.

Their parents and adults should be fighting for their country...not fleeing and expecting Americans to bail them out.....

I feel sorry for the kids and anyone who needs help. But they need to get the message...our borders are not open, showing up does not get you a free pass...
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Trump:https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevorburrus/2015/12/18/our-sith-presidency-and-the-rise-of-darth-trump/ Laughing
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevorburrus/2015/12/18/our-sith-presidency-and-the-rise-of-darth-trump/
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

mac wrote:
I don't expect NW or NP to complain about Matty's name calling--ever. Or admit their own.

You make is so easy to point our your own hypocrisy, again!
For a one time teacher, you'll never learn.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:

mac wrote:
I don't expect NW or NP to complain about Matty's name calling--ever. Or admit their own.

No hypocrisy--I'll call the name callers names. Never pretended I was a good enough man to love my enemies--when they act like assholes.

I guess in your eagerness to divert you missed the point that you could choose to--or not--be a knuckledragger with your attitudes toward the environment. You've made your choice clear--better wash those scraping knuckles before dinner. Laughing
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:

mac wrote:

No hypocrisy--I'll call the name callers names. Never pretended I was a good enough man to love my enemies--when they act like assholes.

I guess in your eagerness to divert you missed the point that you could choose to--or not--be a knuckledragger with your attitudes toward the environment. You've made your choice clear--better wash those scraping knuckles before dinner. Laughing

So am I a white ape, or a black ape?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 722, 723, 724 ... 1352, 1353, 1354  Next
Page 723 of 1354

Jump to: