myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange..and nice, some wind at Berkeley last 3 days with today actually lasting over 4 hours. Slightly op'ed 7.7 and Isonic111, should have rigged 6.8 or freestyle board and 6.0.
foiled_again

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I windfoiled at TI yesterday and Toll Plaza Beach today.

TI is going through a rapid transformation. All the chain link fencing that routed the windsurfers is gone. It’s much easier to access the boat ramp. I sailed mostly alone but was visited by Blue Angels, formula foilers and two kiters. The wind was a steady 16. I was on a 5.7 sail. Floating above the ebbing chop was super fun.

Today was the first time I launched from toll plaza beach. The wind varied from 14 to 20, high tide. The kiters were welcoming and mellow. I had to walk the kit back to shore from about 100 yards out as the foil was contacting the sandy bottom. For a windfoiler it’s a good spot at high tide only.

It’s my first season foiling. I was unsure when I started but have no doubts now. I’ve been scared but not injured. The foil makes sailing in gusty conditions a pleasure. I’m getting my jibes down. And with a 125 liter board and a foil hanging 36” below even I can uphaul!
rigatoni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mur1: I was driving back from Berkeley midday on Sunday and saw a handful of kites launching at the Toll Plaza beach in northerly winds. The wind was pretty filled in and looked like a decent place to sail in those conditions. I saw three kiters sailing in that same wind east of Treasure Island (in the area of the barges) It was not clear where they had launched. (maybe the East side of TI?)
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not frontage road on NNE winds?
Today nice 6.2 Freestyle board on W winds till 5, when it went E and all-no directions.
windward1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 10-08-2018 Reply with quote

Windsurfed Natural Bridges today. 10'-2" Angulo & Ezzy Cheetah 7.0. Fun swell to play on.
This was my 100th day windsurfing this year. I think that is my most ever in a year. I realize I am never going to catch Bert, but it sure was fun trying.
This may be an addiction and I sure appreciate the relief of 'getting to go' brings. Nothing quite like it...
W1
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of sailors at Berkeley on Tuesday, solid wind for 4.5 and 94 liter narrow bj board, from around 2-5. Hope we get some more.
Looking more like 6.0 today, but fog is in but might be headed towards P Isabelle.
bert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Treasure Island on Oct. 10 Reply with quote

Sailed my longboard just past noontime at Treasure Island today. The wind was about 16-17 just past the jetty and 20 mph midpoint to Angel Isand. That's 4.2 on the foil, 5.0 to 5.5 on a short board and I used a 5.9 Volt on the CarbOne longboard. It took a couple of passes to dial it in but once I rode it right and got it planing, the bow of the Kona rose above the water like the Nautilus rising from the depths. It was a good session to celebrate my 69th birthday. Damn.. I'm older than Godzilla! Sad

Kona at Treasure Island.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.49 MB
 Viewed:  11342 Time(s)

Kona at Treasure Island.jpg

kevinkan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dllee wrote:
Lots of sailors at Berkeley on Tuesday, solid wind for 4.5 and 94 liter narrow bj board, from around 2-5. Hope we get some more.
Looking more like 6.0 today, but fog is in but might be headed towards P Isabelle.

nice! was eying Berkeley, but I ended up at Crissy. didn't look too tempting from the beach, and it looked like the wind was coming down. inside everybody was slogging, but out by the North Tower people looked powered up. talked to a guy on the beach who said his wife was out on a 2.8! slogged out on 4.0/85 and hit the wind line about two Anitas out. Two tacks to get to the NT/Standing Wave area which was really nice. Mid-size smooth swell with a good fast lead up on port. Sailed there for awhile and then went out to Fort Point/South tower. Big ~5kt ebb made for smooth, glassy, fast water with some mid-sized swell. Really fast, fun gliding conditions. Can't remember the last time both NT & ST went off like that.

you can see the water texture on this pic

South Tower video clip by James Mazzanti

North Tower video clip by James Mazzanti

South Tower clip from shore the previous day... you can see how fast the current is moving about 1:15 in when one guy falls in
kevinkan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

full vid by James Mazzanti here:

https://vimeo.com/294644252

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Stick Oct 9 Reply with quote

dllee wrote:

No Berkeley or Crissy .... I went to Stick mostly to check out the road construction. 2:30-4:15 was a tame 6.5 with Exocet Slalom 62 ... bit too much slogging if you ventured too far toward Sierra Point. Then it dropped a bit, I changed to the Isonic 111, headed out just having time to comment with Joel about the rising wind and white caps. Bum! It was now solid 4.5-5.0 inside and who knows what by the time I got to Sierra Point. Ultra flat on the south side, the chop had no time to form, but some really strong sustained gusts pushing me easily all the way to the harbor. Turn in a beautiful arc but coming back I can't remember ever being so insanely powered up. Don't open the sail, hold it down, trust the Isonic, point down wind even if it is scary or you'll end up at the freeway ... It took all my (very limited) skill to take the Isonic back into the (ouch) "comfortable" 4.5-5.0 area! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Then in a little while the fog rolled in, as it must have done big time at Crissy, and killed the wind almost completely ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 241 of 329

Jump to: