myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Mistral Superlight 2 dagger board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dyz36

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Mistral Superlight 2 dagger board Reply with quote

I bought a Superlight 2 a few years ago. One thing that has been a struggle for me is the daggerboard (DB), the big carbon race version it came with:
1. It sticks over the deck and hurts my feet when I step on it.
2. It also is difficult to push through the gasket. I bought dry libricant based on advice from this forum but it did not help much.

I believe there used to be a smaller recreation version of the DB for Superlight 2. This would be a good option for me because I do not race. Do you know who may still have/sell it?

I replaced the old gasket with a new one I bought from a windsurfing shop here in WI. I think it is too stiff. It is nearly impossible to push the DB through. Also, this carbon DB does not have quite the same foot lever as I have on my other board which makes it more difficult. Did anyone try to make a gasket from softer materials and what would you recommend?

Thanks.
grantmac017

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most raceboard guys wear booties. Gaskets take a while to wear in and then it'll get easier.
You might be able to use the non-performance Prodigy centerboard.
The board is a lot more fun with the bigger one though. It doesn't rail or go upwind as nicely with the smaller ones.
joethewindsufa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a Fanatic CAT which had some kinda cloth over the dagger and protected the feet ...
now i have a Mistral Equipe 2 XR where the dagger protrudes as well and no cover
sometimes i ride with no dagger, but many suggest against it
when i do ride with the dagger, I run it with the dagger flush to the deck
then it is NOT difficult to start past the gasket and no bother to the feet nor in the way on the deck - small compromise ...

we don't race and so - all good in the hood !!

as far as gasket material goes ...

http://www.windpowerwindsurfing.com/shop/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=gasket
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: