myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfer Death in Stevenson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GarryW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Windsurfer Death in Stevenson Reply with quote

Does anyone know anymore about this?

Missing windsurfer’s body found along Columbia River near Stevenson
Fox 12 Staff
Posted 1 hr ago 0

STEVENSON, WA (KPTV) - The body of a missing 60-year-old woman was found along the banks of the Columbia River near Stevenson after she did not return home from windsurfing.

A man notified deputies that his wife, Laura L. Green of Lyle, Washington, had not returned home Thursday night.

It was believed she had been windsurfing near the Port of Stevenson.

At 11:54 p.m. Thursday, a deputy located Green’s car parked near the port. The couple’s dog was in the car and it appeared Green had not returned to it.

A ground search was conducted along the north bank of the Columbia River near the windsurfing beach and surrounding areas that could be reached by foot. Boat and air searches were scheduled for Friday morning.

At 8:45 a.m., Green’s body was found by marine deputies west of Stevenson along the banks of the river.

Her body was recovered and taken to the Clark County Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy.

Deputies said the river conditions were very hazardous with extremely high wind gusts, sustained winds and low temperatures, making the search efforts especially difficult.
Temira

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the most amazing people on this planet. What a beautiful spirit she had. Always up for any sort of adventure, and always with a big smile on her face. As for those conditions being "hazardous", they wouldn't have been for Laura! She was tough as nails, and she loved nuking wind. Such a loss... I'm heartbroken.
westender

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting at walking man , just heard from old sailing buddy. Equipment breakdown and hypothermia AFAIK .Heartbeaking, very windy and cold.
ShelleyBaxter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Miss you Laura Reply with quote

I know she was doing what she loves. Her spirit is going to be greatly missed here in the Gorge. I knew an avalanche was never going to get her. Good winds to you wherever you are now Laura!
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad We should not be apathetic.
We should look out for each other and help each other.

RIP
WMP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: She will always be remembered Reply with quote

I'm very thankful for the times I sailed with Laura Green. She was always such a courageous and powerful energy force on the river. She was especially strong during those cold nuking east winds at Stevenson, such grace and freedom she had out there. She may be gone in bodily form now, but her spirit still lives among us in those wild winds. She will always be remembered by those of us who saw her light shine.
sterbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sail on Laura... aka i-windsurf forecaster 'Crysta Young'... We'll miss you!

Laura Green Celebration of Life
Friends,
Please join us on Saturday, January 12 for a day of remembrance and sharing of our lives with Laura Green.
A number of plans have changed so please read through this invitation again.
Consider wearing something that represents your connection to Laura. Colorful is perfectly acceptable. Laura loved theater and dressing up.
Our time for sharing remembrances is limited so please RSVP to me (ravenjlh@gmail.com) to insure we get you into the schedule.
The previously planned 3rd event in Washington has been eliminated to keep everything nearby.

The Ruins 10am - 12:30pm
13 Railroad Street, Hood River OR 97031
We will begin at The Ruins in Hood River at 10:00 am. In spite of the signage, it has been approved to park in the railroad parking lot surrounding the Ruins building. There will be a short eulogy written and delivered by myself and my son, Kyle. Then we will hear from the family and other scheduled speakers. After a short break, there will be a time for remembrances. The hope is that these can be kept to three minutes so that everyone has a chance to share their feelings. The last segment at the Ruins is mingling and sharing. There will be a series of displays set up to remember Laura’s passions. These include photo montage, memorabilia, and journals for your last words to Laura.
A number of family members and friends have come a long way. We hope to share with them a sense of the community in which Laura lived, and how strong her role was in helping to create it. Name tags will be provided with space for your name and how you knew Laura to help facilitate the sharing of memories.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations through the website or at the event.
Please bring your own mugs for refreshment to honor Laura’s example.

Double Mountain 1 - 3:00pm-ish
8 Fourth Street, Hood River, OR 97031
Within walking distance of The Ruins is Double Mountain Brewery, where we will reconvene for food, live music and more mingling. This venue is ideal for you to share your stories of Laura with family members and others. Those of you who would like to contribute musically should contact our friend, Jose Maya, at (509) 637-5778. ...And this will be a great place to put those dance duds to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: