myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
corruption at the highest levels of the republicans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heard Nunes may be a candidate for jail... seems he was involved with treason too.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/01/is-devin-nunes-in-trouble-with-mueller

IS DEVIN NUNES IN TROUBLE WITH MUELLER?

One of the president’s most ardent defenders was present at a breakfast that’s being scrutinized by Robert Mueller and Manhattan federal prosecutors.

Quote:
onths after his name largely disappeared from national headlines, Congressman Devin Nunes—one of the earliest and most vocal critics of the Mueller investigation—is back in the news for all the wrong reasons. On Monday, the Daily Beast reported that Mueller’s team, as well as federal prosecutors in Manhattan, have begun looking into a breakfast event hosted at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., days before the inauguration, with dozens of foreign officials. Also in attendance were Nunes and Michael Flynn, the soon-to-be short-lived Trump national-security adviser. Manhattan prosecutors are reportedly scrutinizing the event as part of their probe into whether Team Trump misspent inaugural funds. The special counsel’s office has reportedly opened a parallel inquiry into whether foreign officials illegally donated to the Trump inaugural fund via American middlemen.

mac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine that, more corrupt Trump appointees.

[quote]By Robert O'Harrow Jr. January 18 at 7:18 PM
They are federal financial regulators who filed for expenses like corporate CEOs, seeking reimbursement for limos, deluxe air travel and meals in posh restaurants.

There was an UberBlack ride from the District to neighboring Alexandria, Va., for $250, according to internal records obtained by The Washington Post. Two airline tickets to a meeting in Vienna came in at more than $11,000 each, even as a staffer found a way to the same event for a fraction of the price. A meal for three at Joe’s Seafood near the White House cost $450 — including $45 for a dish of Dover sole and $43 for halibut, according to receipts for the meal.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/1/15/1826490/-Federal-Judge-Accuses-Trump-s-Secretary-of-Commerce-of-Lying-To-Congress?detail=emaildkre

Federal Judge Accuses Trump's Secretary of Commerce of Lying To Congress.

Quote:
Against the objections of his own Census Bureau, Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross railroaded adding a question about citizenship status to the United States census. Today the United States District Court of the Southern District of of New York struck down that addition on grounds it violated the Administrative Procedures Act (APA), as the decision was arbitrary and capricious and violated laws requiring notice to Congress of changes to the content in the Census form. Read the decision here.

But the judge went quite a bit further. The judge rather strongly suggested Secretary Ross lied to Congress, a felony.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tooo friggen funny, he says he did not know he was being investigated...
But here is how really stupid right wingers are, he then goes on to say he previously had to answer questions about an investigation on a matter he was involved in.

I am sure our three or four stooges see this clearly.... please chime in morons... esplain this to us people who have real brains.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mike-pompeo-offers-another-defense-in-his-ig-controversy-then-immediately-undercuts-it/ar-BB14nduC?ocid=msedgntp

Mike Pompeo offers another defense in his IG controversy — then immediately undercuts it

Quote:

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo issued his latest comments Wednesday in the growing controversy over his recommendation that President Trump fire an inspector general who has been investigating Pompeo.

Pompeo’s defense basically boiled down to this: It couldn’t possibly have been retaliation, because I didn’t know what he was investigating.

Except then Pompeo acknowledged that he might well have known that he was under investigation. And his explanation glosses over other ways in which the firing could have been retaliatory.

Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post

Pompeo in his comments said that he should have pushed for Inspector General Steve Linick’s removal “some time ago.” Then he laid out his case for why this isn’t problematic.

“I have no sense of what investigations were taking place inside the inspector general’s office,” Pompeo said. “I couldn’t possibly have retaliated for all the things I’ve seen — the various stories that someone was walking my dog to sell arms to my dry cleaner. It’s all just crazy.”

Pompeo’s summary of what Linick was investigating was clearly meant in jest and dismissively. He lumped Linick’s probe of Pompeo allegedly using State Department staff for personal errands with a separate probe of an arms deal with Saudi Arabia that Pompeo approved.

“I didn’t have access to that information,” Pompeo said, “so I couldn’t possibly have retaliated.”

Except then, in almost the same breath, Pompeo admitted he knew about Linick’s probe of the arms deal the Trump administration struck with Saudi Arabia. That’s a deal in which Linick was examining whether it illegally bypassed a congressional block on arms sales to the country. The New York Times reported Tuesday that Pompeo had declined an interview in the probe but instead offered written responses to Linick’s questions.

“There’s one exception: I was asked a series of questions in writing,” Pompeo said. “I responded to those questions with respect to a particular investigation. … I don’t know the scope. I don’t know the nature of that investigation — of what I would have seen from the nature of the questions that I was presented.”

That’s a pretty substantial caveat. Pompeo one moment says he had “no sense of what investigations were taking place,” and then acknowledged he did in fact know about one of the two big ones.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://theweek.com/speedreads/915535/taxpayers-paid-food-harpist-goody-bags-pompeos-frequent-500guest-formal-dinners

Taxpayers paid for food, a harpist, and goody bags for Pompeo's frequent 500-guest formal dinners

Quote:
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo regularly held taxpayer-funded, 500-guest formal dinners — and President Trump reportedly knew nothing about them.

Until the COVID-19 pandemic hit, Pompeo often invited hundreds of guests to the U.S. State Department for his "Madison Dinners," referring to how former President James Madison often met with foreign diplomats over a meal. But unlike Madison, Pompeo invited more than just diplomats to his dinners, and sent the bill for food, entertainment, and goody bags to the U.S. government, NBC News reports.

Pompeo held about two dozen Madison dinners since he took office in 2018, and they were scheduled through October until the coronavirus hit, NBC News reports via dinner guest lists and State Department calendars. About 30 percent of invitees worked in politics, another 29 percent came from corporate backgrounds, a quarter were in media and entertainment, and just 14 percent were actually involved in foreign policy. Some of those less diplomatic invitees included Reba McEntire, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Fox News host Brian Kilmeade, and they all enjoyed harp music and embossed Madison Dinner pens and journals to take home.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trump gives money to the crooks...

like him

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hundreds-of-millions-of-dollars-goes-to-covid-19-contractors-accused-of-prior-fraud/ar-BB16qOlJ?ocid=hponeservicefeed

Hundreds of millions of dollars goes to COVID-19 contractors accused of prior fraud

Quote:
A San Diego ventilator manufacturer agreed to pay more than $37 million in January to settle a civil lawsuit alleging it defrauded the federal government through illegal kickbacks to suppliers, admitting no guilt.

Desperate to combat coronavirus, thousands of COVID-19 contracts went to vendors accused of defrauding the government.© Illustration by Andrea Brunty/USA TODAY Network, and Getty Images Desperate to combat coronavirus, thousands of COVID-19 contracts went to vendors accused of defrauding the government.
Two months later, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services awarded the same company, ResMed, $32 million for ventilators made in Australia to fight COVID-19. Despite that track record – and because of the urgent need for the machines – the manufacturer landed the contract with no competition.

Desperate for supplies and services to combat the pandemic, federal purchasers have rushed out more than $16 billion in coronavirus contracts ranging from masks and medical equipment to janitorial cleaning, video productions and ferryboat services.

Start the day smarter. Get all the news you need in your inbox each morning.

A USA TODAY investigation of 15 of the largest and hardest-hit states found hundreds of millions of dollars in sole-sourced, non-competitive awards went to vendors that have been accused of defrauding taxpayers through the False Claims Act, which allows whistleblowers to bring fraud lawsuits on behalf of the U.S. government.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again we see this creep needs to brought up on charges... the top of the criminal enterprise.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/disclosed-emails-make-notorious-trump-lawyer-look-even-worse-rcna28348?cid=eml_mra_20220511&user_email=e73377d3e40790eecbf6a99203e1476ea2a23c644c2045abd739b8f9e629a73b

Disclosed emails make notorious Trump lawyer look even worse

real-human

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a well put together sement. To me it means immediately indict Lynsey Gram.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/new-e-mails-show-early-stage-of-trump-big-lie-scheme-lindsey-graham-role-eyed-139834437796?cid=eml_mra_20220512&user_email=e73377d3e40790eecbf6a99203e1476ea2a23c644c2045abd739b8f9e629a73b

New e-mails show early stage of Trump Big Lie scheme; Lindsey Graham role eyed

Quote:
Ali Velshi reports on newly published e-mails by Trumpworld lawyer John Eastman that appear to pre-date the idea of having Mike Pence choose alternate electors and instead focuses on simply tossing some votes, a scheme suspiciously similar to what Donald Trump and Lindsey Graham were advocating in Georgia.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't it a violation to destroy white house records? trump chewing them up and now we find burning up records.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mark-meadows-burned-documents-after-meeting-with-gop-congressman-former-aide-testifies-to-jan-6-committee-report/ar-AAXLtHs?ocid=EMMX&cvid=2cc32a07d7394650bf33933f39e39aa7

Mark Meadows burned documents after meeting with GOP congressman, former aide testifies to Jan. 6 committee: report

Quote:
Trump's former chief of staff Mark Meadows burned documents after a meeting, according to Politico.
A former White House aide testified that she "saw Meadows incinerate documents."
Meadows torched the papers upon meeting with GOP Rep. Scott Perry after the 2020 election.
One of former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows' former aides testified to the House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021 riot that she witnessed her boss burn documents after meeting with a Pennsylvania congressman seeking to help President Donald Trump overturn his 2020 election loss.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-january-7-speech-coverup/?cx_testId=4&cx_testVariant=cx_undefined&cx_artPos=3&cx_experienceId=EXC93HV4HK4I#cxrecs_s

Former Mueller prosecutor highlights a piece of Trump's Jan. 7 speech that might expose a White House cover-up

Quote:
Rep. Elaine Luria (D-VA) tweeted a video compilation from the House Select Committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on Congress

Among the things included in the video were questions to Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump about the draft of a speech that former President Donald Trump would give on Jan. 7 to help stave off his Cabinet secretaries from invoking the 25th Amendment to remove him from office.

The Jan. 6 committee asked several questions about the speech and what was crossed out by Trump, but Andrew Weissmann, a former prosecutor for ex-special counsel Robert Mueller, noticed something that was included.

"I immediately deployed the National Guard and federal law enforcement to secure the building and expel the intruders," the speech said. "America is, and must always be, a nation of law and order."

The statement is a lie. Trump never deployed the National Guard or law enforcement.

Speaking to MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace on "Deadline White House," Weissmann explained that therein lies a Trump administration cover-up.

"One of the things I was struck by was not what was crossed out but something that was in there and that was the statement that 'I immediately deployed the National Guard and federal law enforcement to secure the building and expel the intruders,'" quoted Weissmann. "So, if I was the Justice Department right now I would view that as a cover-up that Jared Kushner, and Stephen Miller and the former president of the United States engaged in to make it seem like the president had not engaged in a coup and he actually was against what happened on Jan. 6th. And that was actually part of the planned speech. And that's the kind of thing that we want to see the department doing is interviewing those people and issuing grand jury subpoenas and if necessary putting those people in the grand jury and forcing them to testify and account for their actions."

He noted that if that was happening it would be well known by now because while lawyers and jurors must keep the proceeding secret, witnesses can speak out that they appeared before a grand jury.

WATCH: Steve Bannon to air 'special' to prepare '4,000 shock troops' on 'deconstructing' government

"So I'm waiting to see that kind of aggressive action by the department," he continued.

He also quoted Punchbowl's Mike Schmidt, who described the DOJ as like a tank that is patient and slow and not a lot happens until they're aimed at the target. That's only when everything explodes.

"I hope that is right. I am somewhat pessimistic, although I do think the Jan. 6th committee has sort of lit a fire under the Department of Justice and that's why you're seeing the heartfelt statements by the attorney general," said Weissmann.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/a-gift-to-prosecutors-new-emails-show-how-trump-aides-coordinated-desperate-fake-electors-scheme/ar-AA1005rm?cvid=961523cdbfe1439c81ea73b4199efc20&ocid=winp2sv1plus

‘A gift to prosecutors’: New emails show how Trump aides coordinated ‘desperate’ fake electors scheme

Quote:
Newly released emails are shedding light on the frantic effort by aides to then-President Donald Trump trying to reverse the results of the 2020 election in the weeks leading up to the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, The New York Times reported on Tuesday.

The emails show people connected to Trump working to assemble lists of people who could falsely claim to be Electoral College electors on his behalf in battleground states that he lost.

"Previously undisclosed emails provide an inside look at the increasingly desperate and often slapdash efforts by advisers to President Donald J. Trump to reverse his election defeat in the weeks before the Jan. 6 attack, including acknowledgments that a key element of their plan was of dubious legality and lived up to its billing as 'fake," the newspaper reported.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: