myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the intellect of a wall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
And now Pelosi is saying that they would have flown commercial, but Trump blew their cover, so now they have NO SECURITY.
The irony of that is beyond rich.
How "immoral" LOL!!!!!

mac: "A sad commentary on both our education system and understanding."

Beings that we are about the same age, I do believe that we are both products of the same educational system. Sorry mac, I know, it's okay.

Right over your head.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this drawn in Boston, or on the Santa Barbara coast? Absolutely nails the deplorables and stooges.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:
And now Pelosi is saying that they would have flown commercial, but Trump blew their cover, so now they have NO SECURITY.
The irony of that is beyond rich.
How "immoral" LOL!!!!!

mac: "A sad commentary on both our education system and understanding."

Beings that we are about the same age, I do believe that we are both products of the same educational system. Sorry mac, I know, it's okay.

Right over your head.

That's because I'm very good at ducking when I see shit flying.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little reminder
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Just a little reminder

idiot, do they ever teach low-level thinkers to think?

gee we should start with the wall from USA to Canada as that is the largest threat there is to national secutity as the most terrorists have come from there vs the south.

again the drugs come in either in tunnels, subs, or mainly smuggled in right at the inspection areas. So the wall will not help there.

People working without proper paperwork can easily be stopped by putting in jail the republicans that hire them illegally. IE a non-mandatory national ID that would cost a fraction of the money.

the terrorists that come by land more enter via Canada.

mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-ice-director-trumps-proposed-wall-makes-little-sense-enforcement-220639526.html
vientomas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Just a little reminder

Just a little reminder...it's seldom all dems or all repubs doing anything:

House vote on bill:

REPUBLICAN Yes 145 No 90
DEMOCRATIC Yes 111 No 77

Senate vote on bill:

REPUBLICAN Yes 25 No 23
DEMOCRATIC Yes 38 No 8

I could just as easily say: "Repubs voted against wall between Syria and Jordan."
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
nw30 wrote:
Just a little reminder

House vote on bill:

REPUBLICAN Yes 145 No 90
DEMOCRATIC Yes 111 No 77

Senate vote on bill:

REPUBLICAN Yes 25 No 23
DEMOCRATIC Yes 38 No 8

I could just as easily say: "Repubs voted against wall between Syria and Jordan."

All DEMS ARE AGAINST a wall on OUR southern border.. Are you brain dead to the glaring hypocrisy?????????????????
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
nw30 wrote:
Just a little reminder

House vote on bill:

REPUBLICAN Yes 145 No 90
DEMOCRATIC Yes 111 No 77

Senate vote on bill:

REPUBLICAN Yes 25 No 23
DEMOCRATIC Yes 38 No 8

All DEMS ARE AGAINST a wall on OUR southern border.. Are you brain dead to the glaring hypocrisy?????????????????

Matty. This isn't about a wall or not a wall. This is about immigration reform which both parties have been trying to resolve for years.

In case you haven't noticed. Trump, pretty much unilaterally, nixed the DACA program. This is a major sticking point for the Democrats and they are looking to get southern border security and immigration reform addressed at one time. This makes sense to me.

I have never heard a single person I know who is against the wall discuss the morality of the wall. It is more discussing the efficacy of a wall in the larger context of immigration retorm, border security and trade agreements.
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
nw30 wrote:
Just a little reminder

House vote on bill:

REPUBLICAN Yes 145 No 90
DEMOCRATIC Yes 111 No 77

Senate vote on bill:

REPUBLICAN Yes 25 No 23
DEMOCRATIC Yes 38 No 8

Matty is wrong yet again:

Indiana Senator Joe Donnelly is up with a new ad bragging that he has voted three times to fund "Trump's border wall" and he told Politico last week that he's "fine with $3[billion], $3.5, $4 or $5" billion for the project in spending negotiations coming up next month.

And Donnelly isn't the only senator battling for his seat in a pro-Trump state who's bucking their party on the issue.

West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin would support $5 billion in border wall funding, a spokesman for his office told NBC News last week. And while fellow "Trump Country" Democrat Heidi Heitkamp allowed that the "devil is always in the details" of these spending fights, she said in a statement that she's "always supported increased and enhanced border security along" the Mexico border — "yes, wall funding as well."

"Shutting down the government is never the way to go," Heitkamp's statement continued, urging bipartisanship on the immigration issue.

Finally, a spokeswoman for Montana Senator Jon Tester told Politico that he "is willing to make responsible investments in manpower, technology, fencing and, in places, a wall. However, he has concerns about the cost of the wall to American taxpayers."

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/vulnerable-senate-democrats-embrace-trump-s-wall-n900186

Next you will tell me all Repub's support Trump's wall...that would be wrong too:

ep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.)

Amash, an outspoken fiscal conservative and member of the House Freedom Caucus, was one of the two among the group, including several firebrands, to vote against the measure and oppose border wall funding.

ADVERTISEMENT
“This massive, wasteful spending bill—stuffed with unrelated items—passed 217-185. It’s amazing how some wall funding causes my fellow Republicans to embrace big government. Watch out if Democrats attach wall funding to Medicare for All. The bill could be called Medicare for Wall,” he said about the stopgap bill.

This massive, wasteful spending bill—stuffed with unrelated items—passed 217-185. It’s amazing how some wall funding causes my fellow Republicans to embrace big government. Watch out if Democrats attach wall funding to Medicare for All. The bill could be called Medicare for Wall. https://t.co/BtQvdazCtI

— Justin Amash (@justinamash) December 21, 2018
Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.)

Buck, the other House Freedom Caucus member to vote against the bill, went against caucus leaders Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) as they pushed Trump to not back down from his demand for border wall funding. He told Colorado Public Radio this month, however, that a border wall shouldn’t be the cause for a government shutdown.

“I think sending federal workers home before Christmas without knowing when and if they’ll have a job is wrong,” he said.

"Americans want border security. It is clear the Senate Democrats are acting irresponsibly. I hope they are shamed into a very, very small price to pay for the wall and to really enhance border security and get this country moving forward on a very important issue.”

Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.)

Curbelo, who lost a reelection bid in November, has been a frequent Trump critic, particularly over the White House’s demands on immigration. He helped introduced a bill earlier this year that tied border wall funding in exchange for a path to citizenship for two million young undocumented immigrants brought to the country as children, commonly referred to as "Dreamers."

“I think there’s no plan here, there’s no end in sight to the current crisis yet again,” Curbelo said about the shutdown Thursday on MSNBC.

Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas)

Hurd, a House moderate who won reelection in November by less than 1 point, has pushed for a “smart border wall” that uses “cutting edge” technology to protect the border rather than a physical wall.

“The American people sent us up here to get things done, and the only way we can get things done is by working together,” he tweeted Thursday.

The American people sent us up here to get things done, and the only way we can get things done is by working together. pic.twitter.com/yVWhP5vVra

— Rep. Will Hurd (@HurdOnTheHill) December 20, 2018
Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-Minn.)

Paulsen, who lost reelection by double digits in November, has long opposed border wall funding. He’s said he supports tighter border security and wants to crack down on people living in the U.S. without documentation, but also wants a fix allowing Dreamers to stay in the country.

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.)

Ros-Lehtinen, who was the first Latina elected to Congress, announced earlier this year she would be retiring at the end of her term. Democrats flipped her seat in November. She refused to come out in support of a border wall while representing her majority-Hispanic district and torched the Trump administration earlier this year for its “zero tolerance” immigration policy, which resulted in an increased number of family separations at the border.

Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.)

Upton has said that a border wall may be appropriate in some areas of the border, but that different security measures “may be sufficient” in other areas. He’s advocated for legislation that ties “border security” to ending family separations at the border and giving “long-term stability” to Dreamers.

Rep. David Valadao (R-Calif.)

Valadao, who lost reelection by less than a point in November, ripped the Trump administration earlier this year on family separations and been a supporter of tying border security legislation to a fix for Dreamers.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/422424-the-8-republicans-who-voted-against-trumps-border-wall
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 8 of 26

Jump to: