myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sug Waist harness for Women?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wander2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Sug Waist harness for Women? Reply with quote

Bless the differences- But am I the only only one with this problem? I need recommendations on a surf harness. Have tried various waist harnesses in the past (Visual Speeds, DaKines)but find that by the end of day of hard sailing my the bottom of my ribcage (area of my floating ribs) is burning. Currently using a 1998 Dakine chest which spreads the load a little more and gives me an extra day or two-naturally I want much more. Ive been tweaking my stance and upper body position trying to prevent, or at least ease the pain when it comes. I do not see stepping back to a seat harness as an option. Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Rage on!
wander2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:52 am    Post subject: RE: Sug Waist harness for Women? Reply with quote

Thanks LeeD- Spent my first decade in a seat, and must admit the first day I tried waist I didnt like it. However I stuck with it, tweaked gear and stance a tad and found I LOVED the maneuverability, ease of sheeting with body, mindless hook,unhook in desperate situations, and leverage options. Shortly after that I converted from Trilites to wave sails for the same reasons- flexibility. I have tried going back to a seat-a couple of times, but was not happy with it. Mostly bump an jump at home, crowded gusty/holey, live for those big rolling swell days, aspiring to learn some tricks in those light air days, so am off/on the lines alot (growing biceps). Just beginning in real waves- Ive had a couple of dreamlike sessions at Manzanita and Maui. Hope to have many more. I just took Wednesday off (it was a little light anyway)since ribs were really hurting Tuesday evening. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
wander2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:39 am    Post subject: RE: Sug Waist harness for Women? Reply with quote

Thanks LeeD, Ill be hitting some shops on my way north, I do think the wider reactor will help. I also heard Winsurfing Hawaii had a harness out last year that had a firmer back to it that I will try to borrow from someone for a test drive. The combination of both might keep me smiling longer. thanks again.
wander2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:57 pm    Post subject: RE: Sug Waist harness for Women? Reply with quote

Hi LeeD,
Home is the gorge, but since Oct. the home on wheels has spent a couple of months in Corpus, the Keys for a couple of months,and as of 12 hours ago-back in Corpus. The Bay was cold and windless when I came through, but Ill give it another shot on the way back. Looks like a good day developing out there...so Im going to go give it a try. Hope your season is starting-enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: