myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on NW30, we all know that the idea of "open borders" is a specious talking point from the right wing universe that worships Donald Trump and his hateful nonsense. It's hard to believe that a guy like you falls for such propaganda and phony labeling.
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
Mac and Vietnam .....two morons who are full of shit.

https://www.ajc.com/news/opinion/educating-illegal-immigrants-costly/Iafsqvt6ydowmSvgX9C4TM/

Are you one of those tolerant Mass. conservatives?

Went over that yesterday. You are apparently as dumb as Mac. The article is very clear. White, urban , well educated males who are by far the majority in Boston.....do the math nitwit, they're referring to liberals as the least tolerant people in America.

And you exude tolerance! What a joke Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Come on NW30, we all know that the idea of "open borders" is a specious talking point from the right wing universe that worships Donald Trump and his hateful nonsense. It's hard to believe that a guy like you falls for such propaganda and phony labeling.
Then they should come up with a bill that addresses the problem, but the best they can do is a bill condemning Trump's attempt to solving the problem by himself. As well as focusing on what else they can investigate in leu of Mueller's two year effort of doing the same thing. It's as if they think they can do a better job than Mueller.
Don't you think?
Your party loves the huge numbers that are coming towards the border, which is why they are content to sit back and just watch it all play out, risking innocent lives in the process. Trump is trying to save lives, your party isn't.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bi-partisan immigration bill passed the Senate that was comprehensive and was blocked by the Tea Party. I guess NW doesn't remember that, or didn't read about it on his hard right sites.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like Dean, bring up the past as if it's totally relevant to today's condition, and it accomplishes nothing.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Just like Dean, bring up the past as if it's totally relevant to today's condition, and it accomplishes nothing.

Just when you think NW has topped out in stupid, he outdoes himself. From George Santayana: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Don't tell me again about how the Republicans are willing to work with reasonable Democrats. Or that Republicans are willing to take responsibility for the results of their decisions. The party of snowflakes.
coachg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Ca too liberal? Yes, it probably is. Taxes are too high & there are far too many regulations. Yes we have a big homeless problem and the cost of living is very high. Would we do better under conservative leadership? Hard to say, but it would definitely be different.

One could easily argue that conservative states are a much better place to live: Lower taxes & fewer regulations. Better quality of life? I'm not so sure. The grass does appear to be greener on the other side, but…..

No politics, just stats that makes for an interesting read. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/stats_of_the_states.htm

More interesting stats.
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-states-with-the-highest-and-lowest-life-expectancy-2017-5

You can play with the numbers, pick & choose the values you consider most important & come up with rankings like this.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/health-care/public-health

In the end I do not think there is a perfect choice. Each state has a good, bad & ugly.

Coachg
LHDR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
Is Ca too liberal? Yes, it probably is. Taxes are too high & there are far too many regulations. Yes we have a big homeless problem and the cost of living is very high. Would we do better under conservative leadership? Hard to say, but it would definitely be different.

I agree with some of that. For example, low taxes are desirable. But given a choice between high CA taxes (which may come with wasteful or inefficient spending) and low taxes like in the Kansas experiment, high taxes seem the better option by far.

coachg wrote:
In the end I do not think there is a perfect choice. Each state has a good, bad & ugly.

Agree. The hard part in politics should be fine-tuning reasonable policies, and for this, a second reasonable party would be very valuable. Instead, the.Republican party, in the areas of taxes, environment, global warming, is based on lies and corrupting money, as far as I can tell. Hopefully at some point, the party will again be represented by reasonable, honorable people like Roosevelt, Eisenhower and Nixon.

nw30 wrote:
Your party loves the huge numbers that are coming towards the border, which is why they are content to sit back and just watch it all play out, risking innocent lives in the process. ...

It's dispiriting to see how expertly the Republican party and Fox News manipulate people.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHDR--spot on. I wish we had a Republican party in California that contributed a meaningful discussion on governmental efficiency. But I'm not holding my breath. The really smart Republicans that crafted much of our successful air quality efforts are gone, and there aren't many in the wings. Most of the Republicans that I know and respect have re-registered as Democrats or independents.

Given the much higher revving of the economy in California, I'm not sure that our taxes are too high. The cost of living is much higher than most states, but so are most salaries. Costs always rise when cities get congested. When I look at the infrastructure that sustains us--such as the Oroville Dam and our roads--I know that we have not been salting money away for the necessary maintenance. (I also know that DWR was incompetent in their maintenance of the Oroville spillway, and that a fair number of people should be fired for engineering malpractice.)

Many people, perhaps most, have no idea what it actually costs to do things, or why, and seem to be unconcerned about the potentially disastrous consequences. Press coverage of things like the Bay Bridge construction doesn't help. While the process of construction wasn't perfect, it was good and the resulting bridge is a dramatic upgrade in every way. A debate at this time as to whether it will last 150 years or 200 years is meaningless. The steel on the old bridge was old and brittle and it could not have been repaired. Etc.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Education is in the news quite a bit right now, here is some more that the mainstream media has been ignoring, it must be due to the lack of celebrities.
60% of families with children living at home agree that “my children will have a better future if they leave California.” (According to a CalChamber poll from 2018).
No doubt this anxiety comes from the ever increasing cost of living in CA. For too many, the dream of homeownership and simply affording to live in our state is simply out of reach. Sacramento policies continue to make it worse, but the ruling party doesn’t seem to care and continue to propose millions more in tax and fee increases every year.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CalChamber Poll: Job Optimism, Housing Anxiety, Support for Bipartisanship
November 29, 2018

https://advocacy.calchamber.com/2018/11/29/calchamber-poll-job-optimism-housing-anxiety-support-for-bipartisanship/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 40 of 205

Jump to: