myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Authoritarianism is making a comeback in the world
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I doubt that many conservatives read/subscribe to the Post. So the left can just keep preaching to themselves since we won't be subscribing.

Why would ANYONE subscribe to ANY "news"paper or website as clearly and totally biased as Bezos's private mouthpiece, the WAPO? Extremist lefties claim Fox is the mirror image of left wing fake news, but at least Fox cites sources so we can confirm their claims and presents both sides of most debates.

I don't WANT biased news. I want centrists, or if they're not forthcoming, I want to hear both sides honestly go toe to toe. I can't find that on the vast majority of alphabet soup, openly biased, blatantly fake news media.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The irony of Bard posting a strongman solution where the criminal locks up the non-criminals, and where Isobars claims to "want to hear both sides" is certainly lost on both of them.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Pretty ironic Steve-o, considering many of Drumpf's BFF's are actually going to do real time, and probably die in jail ....

Alice in wonderland isn't it? The criminals walk. Not saying Manafort wasn't a bad dude, but Papadopoulos? Roger Stone? Process crimes.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Pretty ironic Steve-o, considering many of Drumpf's BFF's are actually going to do real time, and probably die in jail ....

Alice in wonderland isn't it? The criminals walk. Not saying Manafort wasn't a bad dude, but Papadopoulos? Roger Stone? Process crimes.

Nonsense. They sold out US security interests and lied about it. Cheap thugs, wanna be dons, like their boss.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it was interesting seeing President Obama sitting in a Southeast Asian restaurant, probably in Indonesia somewhere having a beer and a meal with Anthony Bourdain. It had an honest feel to it. Even the folks seating around them seemed very local and natural in the setting.

I don't think that Donald Trump could ever do that. Not for a second. What does that say?

Bard, you never surprise me with the nonsense you can drag here and post. How much time a day do you spend fishing for it, and where do you have to go to get it? I know that I couldn't do it, yet you seem driven.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
techno900 wrote:
I doubt that many conservatives read/subscribe to the Post. So the left can just keep preaching to themselves since we won't be subscribing.

Why would ANYONE subscribe to ANY "news"paper or website as clearly and totally biased as Bezos's private mouthpiece, the WAPO? Extremist lefties claim Fox is the mirror image of left wing fake news, but at least Fox cites sources so we can confirm their claims and presents both sides of most debates.

I don't WANT biased news. I want centrists, or if they're not forthcoming, I want to hear both sides honestly go toe to toe. I can't find that on the vast majority of alphabet soup, openly biased, blatantly fake news media.

you are such a low level idiot.... fux does not even claim it is news... they say they are entertainment because they can not deliver news. you are such an idiot.

mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
I found it was interesting seeing President Obama sitting in a Southeast Asian restaurant, probably in Indonesia somewhere having a beer and a meal with Anthony Bourdain. It had an honest feel to it. Even the folks seating around them seemed very local and natural in the setting.

I don't think that Donald Trump could ever do that. Not for a second. What does that say?

Bard, you never surprise me with the nonsense you can drag here and post. How much time a day do you spend fishing for it, and where do you have to go to get it? I know that I couldn't do it, yet you seem driven.

No burgers. Bad food may be part of Trump’s dementia.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same MO of the right wing in the usa, again the right wing did terrorist activities trying to blame it on BLM.

The double life of Franco A.

Quote:

Today, The Times’s Berlin bureau chief, Katrin Bennhold, tells the story of a far-right German terrorism suspect with a refugee alias.

The far right is gaining visibility across the West, including in the United States. But it’s particularly pronounced in Germany, where cases of extremists in the military and the police have recently multiplied, Katrin reported this year.

Franco A., a lieutenant in the German Army, pretended to be a Syrian refugee during the height of Europe’s migrant crisis. He had darkened his face and hands with his mother’s makeup and applied shoe polish to his beard. The ruse, according to prosecutors, was part of a far-right plot to carry out one or several assassinations for which his refugee alter ego could be blamed, and to set off enough civil unrest to bring down the Federal Republic of Germany.

Franco denies this. He says he was trying to expose flaws in the asylum system. His double life, which lasted 16 months, unraveled after the police caught him trying to collect a loaded handgun from an airport bathroom in Vienna. (How Franco got the gun, as well as what he was planning to do with it, remains a mystery, Katrin says.)

“There was endless and difficult digging to be done,” Katrin, who has been covering the far-right in Germany since 2018, told me about reporting today’s story. “I spent so many hours trying to glean information on this guy.”

The breakthrough came when she obtained voice memos that Franco had recorded on his iPhone. In the memos, Franco praises Hitler, questions Germany’s atonement for the Holocaust and indulges conspiracies, among other things.

Franco, who received glowing reviews during his time as an officer, was largely radicalized online, Katrin says, partly by watching conspiracy theories on YouTube.

What makes him interesting “is so much bigger than his own story,” Katrin says. “People have taken a very hard look at history. And atonement is part of German culture today — that’s real. But the backlash is equally real.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: