myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WNDZRFR Van & Windsurfing Gear Stolen!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the Grim Reachers really want to know is if they stole your leaf blower...
windsrf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
WNDZRFR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I thought they did take my blower! But then when I was up at the garage I build classic cars in I found it there, close one, so no worries I will still be keeping PI's sidewalk pristine for your enjoyment!

Andy, I'm not overthinking it. They had a key which I'm sure they tried previously before the day they came to steal it. They wore gloves. They arrived in a stolen car from San Pablo parked it 20 spaces away and walked straight to my van and were gone in minutes. You can only lock a Vanagon from the outside so you don't get locked out, when I got to it in Oakland with the police it was locked with the inside thrashed.

It's all on tape. You wouldn't steal a van like mine to drive because as the Police said it's way to obvious. Boosters like to steal Hondas etc. for the parts and they didn't take any parts off my van other than the inexpensive stereo!

They definitely thought they had a valuable syncro. You don't steal a car for windsurfing equipment because it's too hard to sell and they couldn't expect to get much. Plus it wasn't a couple of kids out for a joyride (in a Vanagon? I think that would be an oxymoron), it was two grown white guys scummy as they were.

Oh and Farmers Insurance is only going to pay $500 for all my windsurfing gear. The old dreaded "watercraft" fine print and after 35 yrs with them, bastards. So if anyone can recommend an Insurance company that does insure windsurfing gear and would like 6 new policies then please let me know. I'm leaving Farmers as soon as possible.

After tomorrow I'll finally be geared up enough to get on the water.

I still would like to pop a cap in the thieves asses!

isobars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNDZRFR wrote:
Oh and Farmers Insurance is only going to pay $500 for all my windsurfing gear. The old dreaded "watercraft" fine print and after 35 yrs with them, bastards. So if anyone can recommend an Insurance company that does insure windsurfing gear and would like 6 new policies then please let me know. I'm leaving Farmers as soon as possible.

Search the forum on "insurance". We've had several threads on this issue. We have to get riders for WSing gear (or any particularly expensive category of stuff, like your tools and auto parts).
andydavis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNDZRFR wrote:
...Farmers Insurance is only going to pay $500 for all my windsurfing gear...

I still would like to pop a cap in the thieves asses!

wtf is with that? In my case, the gear is worth many times what the car is.

dude, I feel you about popping a cap in their asses. I had a "lucky" break last year in Oaktown. I came out of a dinner meeting and saw the rear left panel window was busted out (with $5k of new gear inside). For a minute I was just panicking...then I saw they didn't take anything -- they just wanted to break some glass. (which is why I'm not allowed to have a gun)
Riptide

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
WNDZRFR wrote:

Search the forum on "insurance". We've had several threads on this issue. We have to get riders for WSing gear (or any particularly expensive category of stuff, like your tools and auto parts).

I searched an could not find the insurance discussion, could someone please post the link. Thank You
Goodwind

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
We are Farmer ♫ ♪..bummer....bummer...bummer...bummer....♪ ♫
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went through the Malibu fire and Farmers sucks. Sorry for your loss.
chand2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Van Alert Reply with quote

There is an App called Van Alert that you can use to notify VW owners to be on the lookout if your van is stolen. It is used world wide.
WNDZRFR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did post on VanAlert even though it was for less than a full day.

My next homeowners policy will have a rider/addendum/appraisal.

Thanks but I'm sure the Malibu Fire was way more traumatic just like the Paradise fire. In both instances one could have lost a loved one or pet.

It's just so good after 8 straight days in 4 different shops to get it back to road worthiness. Those costs are covered at least.

It's quite strange how Farmers has been dealing with me. It's almost like they want to do the right thing but they don't want to hurt their bottom line! Or they just want to string me along.

1st my agent said we will get my windsurfing gear paid for.
2nd claims guy says Farmers can only pay $500, I say think again.
3rd claims inspector jumps in and says maybe they can pay up to $3500.
4th 2nd claims guy takes over my claim (not very friendly to me)
5th claims inspector says they will only pay $500, I protest very strongly.
6th I call my agents secretary saying "It's been a wonderful 35 yrs but I'm taking my 6 policies elsewhere.
7th 2nd claims guy calls after a week of me sending in receipts for everything else in my van that was stolen (and is now suddenly friendly) and says he is going to go to the inspectors boss and see what he can do about getting me more than the $500 for my gear.

I feels like I'm on a cop tv show and they are playing good cop bad cop with me all the while I'm the victim!

Humans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: