myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bad day for TDS........hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One wonders why Republicans, especially when they are in power and control government, repeatedly avoid doing anything meaningful to target American companies and individuals that hire illegal immigrants. Can any of you hateful right wingers answer that in a credible and thoughtful way? Frankly, I don't believe that any of you can.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
To those that do not believe that Trump won because HE was the one promoting divisiveness and racism in his campaign here is an interesting read:

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/12/15/16781222/trump-racism-economic-anxiety-study

Contrary to mrgybe's statements in response to my post, the economy was not what was driving the Trump voters in the districts that mattered. Racism was the motivator that swung the election.

This is not saying anyone who voted for Trump is a racist. Only that the data is compelling and when coupled with where the vote mattered (in none of the districts represented by anyone on this forum) the fear of loss of white power was compelling enough to swing the election.

There are a number of other reports published on this over the last two years. I continue to be surprised that there are arguments that this wasn't the case based on what they believe the reasons were and not what they are.

We might want to believe that those swing voters looked at deficits and healthcare etc. But, that's not really what decided the election.

Wow!! you have gone full retard now...TDS is apparently eating your brain..

Now you're in the Mac zone with the racism bullshit....buy a helmet dude you can't afford anymore blows to the head.

Trump won because the left have lost their minds and they no longer appeal
to middle class Americans.

That's why democrates need to flood the country with illegals lower the voting age and scream RACISM all day long.....

I believe this makes my point.

Do you honestly think I am wrong about democrates flooding the country with illegals to strengthen their base????? That's not racism cobo, thats an opinion based on facts and the opinion of many.

Let's see if you can answer a simple question...

If illegals overwhelmingly voted for republicans do you think democrates would have the same views on open borders( like they did before they lost the middle class) ?????????????????????????

Which Republican?

If the GOP really represented the working class in this country, I would welcome anyone who would vote for those issues...access to health care, education, good roads, security.

I voted GOP for half my adult life, Matty, and am a registered republican. I quit supporting the GOP (except for a some candidates) after the party turned its back on its basic premise of protecting the rights of the average middle class American. And, especially, after the party turned its back on fiscal responsibility. The Democrats seem to be more interested in not saddling the next generation with debt than the current Administration.

Let me ask you this Matty. If the 12 million undocumented workers in this country were Canadian how would YOU feel about kicking them out?

Read something besides propaganda for once...here is a start

https://www.bushcenter.org/publications/resources-reports/reports/immigration.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwvuzkBRAhEiwA9E3FUid_FlBzWHzyjB1aM7Q3Pt8jqLEbniULjJZCc5kgxRljzD4Pbtl9TRoCKiIQAvD_BwE

If they are uneducated, came from one of the most violent places on earth, and cheated our system , I WOULD FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME.

You really are turning into a POS Cobo ......I come from the most diverse place in the country , I welcome all who want to be part of the American experience. What you seem to forget is I want people to follow the LAW, is that asking too much????

Mexico is only slightly more violent than the US and illegal immigrants from Mexico are less likely to commit violent crimes than US citizens.

That said. I don't now, and never have, supported an open border policy with Mexico. I believe in immigration reform and creating some sort of path to citizenship (not, necessarily, an easy path). I believe in vigorously prosecuting employers who hire illegal workers from any country.

But, I am the great grandson of poor immigrants. My families came here from poverty to build lives in the US. I cannot support a policy that closes its doors to what has been our strength as a nation. And, I cannot support a President that characterizes people seeking the same thing as enemies.

https://www.atlasandboots.com/most-dangerous-countries-in-the-world-ranked/
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas said:
Quote:
There were 12 million immigrants living in the country illegally as of January 2015, according to the most recent estimate from the Department of Homeland Security. The estimates from two independent groups are similar: The Pew Research Center estimates the number at 10.7 million in 2016, and the Center for Migration Studies says there were 10.8 million people in 2016 living in the U.S. illegally.

That would be about 3.3 percent to 3.7 percent of the total U.S. population in 2016 or 2015.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/illegal-immigration-statistics/

Wow, what a difference! That changes everything.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler said:
Quote:
One wonders why Republicans, especially when they are in power and control government, repeatedly avoid doing anything meaningful to target American companies and individuals that hire illegal immigrants. Can any of you hateful right wingers answer that in a credible and thoughtful way? Frankly, I don't believe that any of you can.

You guys really need to give the "hateful" bit a rest. I have said many times that the majority of illegals are good hard working people, but shouldn't be here illegally. And I too have also asked why no one, INCLUDING LIBERALS, will enforce the labor laws about hiring illegals (of course, many have fraudulent documents so they appear to be legal). Apparently, both the right and left have become dependent on the cheap labor which is tied to a successful economy.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
vientomas said:
Quote:
There were 12 million immigrants living in the country illegally as of January 2015, according to the most recent estimate from the Department of Homeland Security. The estimates from two independent groups are similar: The Pew Research Center estimates the number at 10.7 million in 2016, and the Center for Migration Studies says there were 10.8 million people in 2016 living in the U.S. illegally.

That would be about 3.3 percent to 3.7 percent of the total U.S. population in 2016 or 2015.

The economy of this country is, potentially, more at risk because of our aging population than immigration. You may be a greater risk to the economy, Techno, than a Mexican immigrant.

This is a complicated issue. But, there are strong arguments that our economy needs younger workers from places like Mexico to support a weakening Social Security system. And, our health care system needs younger healthy contributors.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/modeledbehavior/2013/02/07/does-an-aging-population-hurt-the-economy/#3d05aee01756
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead said:
Quote:
The economy of this country is, potentially, more at risk because of our aging population than immigration. You may be a greater risk to the economy, Techno, than a Mexican immigrant.

Maybe not! Here's something that hasn't been talked about for some time. Do you think this is a good thing for our economy? This includes legal and illegal Mexicans, but likely a lot more illegals that legal. Either way, it hurts our economy.

Quote:
Mexicans living abroad sent cash home in record numbers last year. The vast majority of the cash came from those living in the United States.

Mexicans sent home $26.1 billion from January to November 2017, according to figures released Tuesday by the central bank of Mexico. That's the most ever recorded and better than the $24.1 billion sent in 2016 over the same period.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/01/02/news/economy/mexico-remittances/index.html
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
vientomas said:
Quote:

The information was provided in the context of conservatives being concerned about the number of illegal immigrants who, if provided citizenship, would be able to vote. They are worried about 3.5% of the population? How many of the 3.5% would vote? Only about 40% of US citizens exercise their right to vote. If similar to that, the percentage of the now legal illegal immigrants who would vote is approximately 1.4 % of the population. Who would the now legal illegal immigrants vote for? I hear that hispanics loooove Trump. But, let's say that 75% vote demo and 25% vote repub. Now the figure is approximately 1% of the population. Is that what the conservatives fear, 1% of the the population? Is that what is holding up comprehensive immigration reform?

BTW, I never said it changed everything, but is is part of the discussion. Care to join in the discussion in a substantive fashion? Or would you prefer to simply make glib comments?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
coboardhead said:
Quote:

Maybe not! Here's something that hasn't been talked about for some time. Do you think this is a good thing for our economy? This includes legal and illegal Mexicans, but likely a lot more illegals that legal. Either way, it hurts our economy.

Quote:
Mexicans living abroad sent cash home in record numbers last year. The vast majority of the cash came from those living in the United States.

Mexicans sent home $26.1 billion from January to November 2017, according to figures released Tuesday by the central bank of Mexico. That's the most ever recorded and better than the $24.1 billion sent in 2016 over the same period.

They still pay 20% of their income in taxes. Often, they return to Mexico when they are older to be with family so they never collect. If we had a decent national health plan available that required contributions then we could even make those numbers better.

I don't know if you ever talk to immigrant workers? I do on a fairly regular basis. In my industry, most of the laborers are Mexican. I'll sometimes sit down with them when they are having lunch on a project and chat. They all know I spend time in Mexico so they seek me out.

They, often, are homesick and talk about how they will someday return to Mexico. Sure, they send money home. But, they pay rent, they pay taxes and often don't file returns. The work they do is brutal and finding a US citizen to do it is difficult even at good wages.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
coboardhead said:
Quote:

Quote:

and the rich buy their 10,000 dollar TVs sending that money out of america? or their $100,000.00 cars sending that money out of the country. Or the injection molding machine sending a few hundred k to millions out of the country.

jp5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
mat-ty, from your comments, I think that you're a bit intimidated by all that will come down.

Mark my words, it will be totally awesome and worthy of discussion.

Yes and it's called FISAGATE!!

Muhahahahahaha...muhahahahahaha...

You won't want to miss it when all the corrupt demonrats go down!

Popcorn please!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: