myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Looking for 11/12 model 4.6m Sailworks Revo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rtz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Looking for 11/12 model 4.6m Sailworks Revo Reply with quote

A local guy here is looking for this specific model of sail if anyone knows of one out there.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has he Googled the shops? Gorge shops such as Big Winds and Windance carry a wide range of used sails and ship at least nationwide. It took me just minutes to find a beautiful, like-new 2018 7.0 Retro for almost half price. Do you have good swap meets in OC? They're a great place to find older (and almost new) sails.

An important related question: Why that particular year and sail? Does he REALLY need it, or is he just hung up on it because somebody says they're good sails? (They are, but there are plenty of really good brands and models that only an unusually demanding expert could tell apart, especially at that age.) He could find probably dozens of sails to meet his criteria at just about any Gorge swap meet for well under what my wife and I paid for breakfast today.

I was going to suggest a road trip to a Gorge trip for the two of you. You'd save enough to pay for the gas, but 3,600 round trip miles is just too onerous unless you had a big shopping list and needed an excuse for a road trip.
rtz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has almost a full set of sails in those years and claims they changed the sail design in the newer ones.
rtz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said a '13 or '14 model would also work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: