myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Infinity 84 wing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grantmac017

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except it's not a slalom board, it's a huge surfy foil. The technique and tuning aren't remotely similar.
Grab a single bolt mechanical u-joint and see how mast base position changes things for yourself.
dllee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or move your feet 2".
If a board flies on foil, it can be jibed on foil. Obviously, if it drops, move back. If it breaches, move forward.
stringp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved the mast track back 4” and foot straps back two holes. Got the 84 to work pretty good. I was on the 76 and didn’t have enough without a lot of work. Switched to the 84 and was powered up.
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just got our Infinity 84 3 days ago, and I just had a couple of short sessions on it, after 14 sessions on the i76. The i84 worked a lot better for me. It was much easier to control flight height. On the i76, I often had to deal with spinouts and breaches; that's no issue at all on the i84. I have not foiled through jibes yet, but had a foiled in - planed out jibe on the 84 that was as good as any I had on the 76. Playing around with wind swell is easier, too. I'm using the same 71 cm slalom board for both foils. No straps, so feet can go where it's balanced. That's a bit further back on the i84. Mast base is at ~132 cm from the tail, 44 inches from the front screw hole, C position.

I'm very happy with buying the the Infinity 84. At 200 lb wet, it gets me going just as early as my (substantially lighter) wife on the i76, with almost the same sail size.
stringp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking about this from Wyatt:
For footsteps, I suggest all the way forward with the front straps, and one hole from the rear in the back straps. Some folks don’t like to use the back strap, but just like your normal windsurfing learning process, at first you can’t seem to get in the back strap and it feels awkward, but once you do get used to using the back strap…you will never go back and it will seem crazy that for a while you did not use them.
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder about those rear straps.
Just WHAT are we doing on the foil?
Jibes don't need straps.
360's don't.
Swell riding and S turns don't.
Air moves DO.
How many are doing freestyle air moves?
And aren't air jibes easier without straps?
grantmac017

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dllee wrote:
I wonder about those rear straps.
Just WHAT are we doing on the foil?
Jibes don't need straps.
360's don't.
Swell riding and S turns don't.
Air moves DO.
How many are doing freestyle air moves?
And aren't air jibes easier without straps?

They are nice for heading upwind on narrower boards. Otherwise I don't notice their absence.
exgolfer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject: more re slighshot 84 and 76 hover glide with 150 levitator Reply with quote

this recently from Wyatt Miller on positions relative to the movable pedestal mount (not tutttle) on the 2020/20019 newer sligshot Levitator 150 board (thanks Wyatt!):

For the Levitator I usually put:

The 76 in Fuse position B and then move it all the way back in the track (Using the outer most pedestal holes)

I have my front straps all the way forward and outboard and my back strap one hole from the back.

Mast base at 107cm from the front of mast or in the middle of the front half of the track (3/4 forward).

Then when you want to use the 84cm instead of having to flip the fuselage and remove all those bolts, I just remove the 76 and mount the 84 in the same Position B. Now if you move your pedestal mount 2 inches forward it should be just right. If you are riding with too much weight on your back foot you can move it another inch forward. Too much lift you can move it back a bit. But 2 inches forward should be perfect.

Stoked you are having fun on all the foil gear. Best tip I give people is that it is all about really moving your hips; forward over the front foot to keep it down and then back over your back foot to rise higher. Just trying to apply pressure to one foot or the other does not have a continuous effect unless you actually move your hips over that foot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: