myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
False Equivalencies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get off your soaking wet political cardboard boxes and recognize the truth.

In the news this morning, 20% of millennials have no friends, what's up with that? Way too much time spent with their alternative reality online. An alternative reality is not reality.
There are a couple of constant posters here that I could easily see fitting into this category.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-millenials-no-friends-yougov-poll-20190804-ek5odkrxmvbfhex7ytvp2p6rwy-story.html
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:

In the news this morning, 20% of millennials have no friends, what's up with that? Way too much time spent with their alternative reality online. An alternative reality is not reality.
There are a couple of constant posters here that I could easily see fitting into this category.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-millenials-no-friends-yougov-poll-20190804-ek5odkrxmvbfhex7ytvp2p6rwy-story.html

Social media is a curse...I have two teenagers and that's all they do. Problem is kids are not nice to each other, and say awful, hurtful things that everyone will see. The other problem is everything spreads like wildfire. So if you were not invited to the beach or a party, not only do you know real time but usually you're can watch what your missing... very hurtful..

Back in the day you may have never found out or it would be a week later.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine that. Blame anything else except Trump's careful cultivation of hate--and your participation.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Imagine that. Blame anything else except Trump's careful cultivation of hate--and your participation.

You are a DB.....so who was to blame for all the mass shootings before Trump?????????????????????

By the way asshole we know very little about either shooter.
vientomas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:

You are a DB.....so who was to blame for all the mass shootings before Trump?????????????????????

Apparently Trump is confused too: "May God bless the memory of those who perished in Toledo, and may God protect them,"
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:

Apparently Trump is confused too: "May God bless the memory of those who perished in Toledo, and may God protect them,"

I'm sure the libtards will be running with that all night long...Breaking News!!!!!
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:

I'm sure the libtards will be running with that all night long...Breaking News!!!!!

But they won't mention this, one must know all the news before they spew.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/confusion-biden-offers-sympathy-for-the-tragic-events-in-houston-today-and-also-in-michigan
mac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:

White nationalist terrorists like Matty are responsible for most terrorism activity in this country. It's been that way for centuries.

I guess you guys were cheered that the KKK has endorsed Trump.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:

I don't know it you are serious about having a conversation about this or just dissing on a couple posters.

But. I hang out with millennials. They are fun and less opinionated than baby boomers. Refreshing viewpoints. Plus, they can keep up on skis or bikes a lot better than others my age.

What I find is that, even as I will spend an entire weekend hanging out and rock climbing and biking is that the conversation will turn to them saying they have no "real" friends. I think there is a misconception that popular culture has represented as to what a friend is. They see these TV shows where everyone is super tight and they see them not having that idealized relationship. I have at least 50 friends including a dozen millennials who would not consider me a friend. It's about definitions as much as anything I think.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB--You're mostly right, but I think you've missed something in the downsie of the Facebook era. I have many friends going back over 50 years, and dozens of colleagues. One of my close friends said something I found very insightful. He said when were young we did things together that formed intimate bonds. Hiking, bachelor parties, concerts, and even windsurfing. We shared experiences that have stayed with us and bound us together. The Facebook generation shares information. A braggadocio picture of your food is just not the same as sharing that food, a bottle of wine or some beers, and a conversation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: