myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Climate Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114 ... 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac and like minded airheads live in a fantasy world of windmills and solar panels....only a complete moron would think that these technologies could replace fossil fuels and fill the massive demands for energy..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/06/17/hbo-chernobyl-tragic-nuclear-power-safe-clean-vital-column/1409096001/
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely obvious Mat-ty. (Urgent need for more nuclear power supply.)

As you probably know our country is committed to all electric transport by 2040 (no petrol/diesel) in the headlong rush to prove how green our rulers are. (Green indeed - but in a different sense!)

This latest power failure event was a clear warning of chaos to come unless urgent action is taken now to massively boost our electrical supply system with fully reliable ,continuous night and day year on year, electricity generation. Nuclear is the only available source able to meet that ever increasing demand with certainty.

Realism doesn't allow for a belief in a 'magic wand' type breakthrough any time soon!
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:

As you probably know our country is committed to all electric transport by 2040 (no petrol/diesel) in the headlong rush to prove how green our rulers are. (Green indeed - but in a different sense!)

This latest power failure event was a clear warning of chaos to come unless urgent action is taken now to massively boost our electrical supply system with fully reliable ,continuous night and day year on year, electricity generation. Nuclear is the only available source able to meet that ever increasing demand with certainty.

Realism doesn't allow for a belief in a 'magic wand' type breakthrough any time soon!

I agree with this last line. But, it does create a quandary. Without a commitment to alternative and renewable energy, the break throughs will not happen. And, there is significant risk in embracing emerging technologies and going all in.

My personal approach has been to use proven energy sources and technology to reduce my carbon footprint including solar on my home and business and reducing power consumption using new appliances, lights and HVAC. I haven't purchased a hybrid because, until recently, one wasn't available that would make it up the road to my house. Now, thanks to the demand put on the industry, there is that vehicle available.

So, its a double edged sword. If we take the easy way and stay all in with carbon we just get deeper in carbon debt. If we move too quickly to unproven sources we risk catastrophes of a different sort.

We need to have honest conversations about what is attainable. And, to do this we cannot have the zealots on both sides setting policy.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
GURGLETROUSERS wrote:

I agree with this last line. But, it does create a quandary. Without a commitment to alternative and renewable energy, the break throughs will not happen. And, there is significant risk in embracing emerging technologies and going all in.

My personal approach has been to use proven energy sources and technology to reduce my carbon footprint including solar on my home and business and reducing power consumption using new appliances, lights and HVAC. I haven't purchased a hybrid because, until recently, one wasn't available that would make it up the road to my house. Now, thanks to the demand put on the industry, there is that vehicle available.

So, its a double edged sword. If we take the easy way and stay all in with carbon we just get deeper in carbon debt. If we move too quickly to unproven sources we risk catastrophes of a different sort.

We need to have honest conversations about what is attainable. And, to do this we cannot have the zealots on both sides setting policy.

True.....but meanwhile we have 7 billion people demanding energy. It could fill the void till there is a better realistic option and cut down on global warming, deaths from pollution and more....the benefit far outweighs the risk IMO
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead said:
Quote:

All fine and dandy, but how about the rest of the world? China being the biggest problem, then India and Russia. Yes, we are number two and a part of the problem (15%), but even if we become 100% clean, there is a long, long, way to go. We need to approach the issue in a rational way, which the left seems to ignore.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we can agree that climate change is real, we cannot begin to address solutions in a "rational" manner. This isn't just the fault of the left as you guys cast it. Denial is not a strategy.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Unless we can agree that climate change is real, we cannot begin to address solutions in a "rational" manner. This isn't just the fault of the left as you guys cast it. Denial is not a strategy.

I don't deny Climate Change....I just find it painful to listen to the left when they offer no realistic solutions.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead said:
Quote:

Fine and dandy, but no comment on the key players of the world and their commitment to carbon reduction. The US isn't just sitting on their butts, progress is being made while the biggest players in the world continue to be a growing problem.

Quote:
U.S. Leads World In Reducing CO2 Emissions, While Paris Accord Nations Break Promises

Read more at:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34848/study-us-leads-world-reducing-co2-emissions-while-james-barrett
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the dumbest thing you'll read all day, from a known fraudster...

Global warming comes to Australia. Unless you want to believe your lying eyes! https://t.co/uw83nTdIPc
— Dinesh D'Souza (@DineshDSouza) August 12, 2019
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Maybe the dumbest thing you'll read all day, from a known fraudster...

Global warming comes to Australia. Unless you want to believe your lying eyes! https://t.co/uw83nTdIPc
— Dinesh D'Souza (@DineshDSouza) August 12, 2019

Almost as bad as the retard I saw on MSNBC last week who claimed Trumps call to fly flags at half mast till 8/8 was code for Heil Hitler.....apparently H is the eight letter in the alphabet......so 8/8 is now nazi code.........sick mother fuckers..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 113 of 194

Jump to: