myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 268, 269, 270 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It"s 110 steps from the turf rigging area to the beginning of the dock at Berk.
One round trip for the board, then a one way for the sail for 300 steps before a dockstart.
Add a alum foil rig.
Porter's for the future, that's me.
bert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto on Saturday Reply with quote

Didn't want to go too far today so I foiled at the local pond in Palo Alto. Wind was steady at 10 mph so I went big-7.3 North Natural with the JP135/Slingshot 84 wing. Man..that sail is heavy, cumbersome and a bitch to uphaul. I had to really pump to get it up and while the rides were okay, I see the benefit of having a bigger board and a different kind of foil (faster) when you are using big sails. Still, once I had the setup dialed in I sorta enjoyed today's session Confused
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chasin wind at Berkeley...
1st 4.5 and 85 for 40 minutes of jumping fun, then 92 trip for a wasted 8 slog tacks, then Naish foil for 45 minutes of 14-21 solid wind but too hot and tired to try foiling jibes in a 4/3 for the 1st time since May.
Falling in would have been nice, but just had no energy to even pump,
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: 2019-08-18 Palm Beach in South Santa Cruz County Reply with quote

No reason to windsurf this place that I can see other than my quest to windsurf all of the coast of Santa Cruz County this summer. That means before September 23rd at 12:50 a.m. Wink Today's session gave me the conquest of the southmost 2 miles of Santa Cruz County. Wind was from 4 to 6 knots. Surf was 1 to 4 feet. Wind straight onshore as was the surf. Tough to get out. Had to swim it and lucked out and actually made it. One wave grabbed the board, rig and everything and washed me halfway back to shore, but persistent effort paid off and I made it to the outside where I could uphaul and head down the coast. Slow going, but moving along. Saw Harbor Porpoises and a sea otter. Sometimes a big wave would seem to come out of no where and break or threaten to even though I was way outside. Surfline had indicated two sets of swell from the west-southwest at almost the same direction, but slightly different periods which can occasionally set up these "rogue swells" that are significantly larger than whatever else is around.
Sailed to south of the Parjaro River mouth. Could not see exactly where it was flowing into the ocean, but made it to dunes off of Zmudowski State Park so am sure I got far enough. It may be seeping through the sand and not flowing into the ocean outright. I once hiked to the mouth of the Salinas River to see it flowing into the ocean only to find it was not. Whatever made it to the ocean seeped under the beach without the ability to witness such.
Headed back and was glad for every yard I made as it meant that much less of having to portage gear if the wind died. But it held and I made it back as there was a dark ominous fog closing in and another rogue set as I landed.
After derigging and loading the van and pulling out of the parking lot, it started to rain.
Track below:
[img][/img]

2019-08-18 Windsurfing Palm Beach to the Pajaro River & Back.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  854.46 KB
 Viewed:  8025 Time(s)

2019-08-18 Windsurfing Palm Beach to the Pajaro River & Back.png

Gwarn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject: San Pablo Bay Reply with quote

8/17 and 8/18 San Pablo Bay out of the winery 2 days back to back.
Moses 790 wing 101 mast 105 wizard on a taka 3.4.

Windy with swell rolling all over place inside,outside and the tip of the jetty on the Mare Island side of the channel.

GP052004-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1018.71 KB
 Viewed:  7991 Time(s)

GP052004-1.jpg

GP042004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.18 MB

GP042004.jpg

GP012004-2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.17 MB

GP012004-2.jpg

bert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwarn,

Looks like you're parting the Red Sea on your Moses foil on that last shot Smile
windward1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject: 2019-08-21 Port Watsonville Reply with quote

Struggled with light, variable winds and surf at the beach break to scratch out another mile of coasting. I won't go into all of the gory details, but suffice it to say it took over two hours to add a mile into the "Done" pouch. All of it along Sunset Beach.
The thing with having all of this beach along the way, is that if you feel you want to complain about the wind you can just go into shore....and pound sand....

Only two miles that I have not windsurfed of the Santa Cruz County coast. The two miles north of the track below:
[img][/img]

2019-08-21 Windsurfing Port Watsonville.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  950.47 KB
 Viewed:  7723 Time(s)

2019-08-21 Windsurfing Port Watsonville.png

bert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: noontime at the Stick Reply with quote

Good early bird windsurf session this Thursday at the Stick on a 5.0 sail. Launched at 12:45 with winds reading at 15 with 20 mph gusts closer to HW 101. 45 minutes later I could have been on a 4.2..that's as the Stick for you. More carpeting laid on the ground..gives the rigging area a nice, homey feel to it..much like 3rd in the good old days Cool

Stick carpeting.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  704.84 KB
 Viewed:  7636 Time(s)

Stick carpeting.jpg

dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: noontime at the Stick Reply with quote

bert wrote:
... More carpeting laid on the ground..gives the rigging area a nice, homey feel to it..much like 3rd in the good old days Cool

Big THANK YOU to Rob! He brought all the carpet!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last blast for Berkeley this summer?
4.5 and 85 liters from 1-5 on Friday.
Bit of a hole in the middle dock level, but gusts of 28 otherwise,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 268, 269, 270 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 269 of 329

Jump to: