myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Climate Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132 ... 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coachg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Conservatives like pollution??? or maybe they understand the consequences of unrealistic regulations that destroy economies and create more homeless people.

I'll go out on a limb here and assume you actually read what I wrote but were simply unable to comprehend it. I did not say conservatives like pollution, nor for that matter did I say liberals like pollution. I said BOTH conservative & liberal policies cause pollution, just by different groups. I will also agree with your statement that liberals don't understand the consequences of unrealistic regulations that destroy economies but I will add that conservatives do not understand the consequences of no regulations that destroy environments.

Coachg
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
Conservatives like pollution??? or maybe they understand the consequences of unrealistic regulations that destroy economies and create more homeless people.

I'll go out on a limb here and assume you actually read what I wrote but were simply unable to comprehend it. I did not say conservatives like pollution, nor for that matter did I say liberals like pollution. I said BOTH conservative & liberal policies cause pollution, just by different groups. I will also agree with your statement that liberals don't understand the consequences of unrealistic regulations that destroy economies but I will add that conservatives do not understand the consequences of no regulations that destroy environments.

Coachg

That's Fair.....maybe if liberals were not against everything but windmills and solar I could take them seriously.......Nukes as the main source is the answer IMO.... phase in as much solar and wind as you can over time.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
While it's no surprise, the story is about California's inability to file reports. While their air is clearly pretty dirty, they have done a lot to make improvements. 5th grade reading comprehension is all that is needed to understand the point of the story. Plus claiming faux news is a useless rebuttal without proving it otherwise.

Quote:
Trump's EPA threatens California with highway funding cuts over 'worst air quality'

NEW YORK — The Trump administration is ratcheting up its threats against California with a letter warning the state faces sanctions – including cuts in federal highway funding – over its “failure” to submit complete reports on its implementation of the Clean Air Act.

In the letter to the California Air Resources Board, Andrew Wheeler, administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, wrote that the state had the “worst air quality in the United States” and had “failed to carry out its most basic tasks” under the federal law.

That law requires states to submit implementation plans to the EPA outlining their efforts to cut emissions of six types of pollutants. When President Donald Trump entered office, the administration faced a backlog of over 700 reports, and roughly 140 of those that remain are from California, Wheeler said in an interview.

This is familiar Trump territory. When you're caught breaking the law, or when your attorney is sent to jail for a crime you ordered--attack somebody. Wheeler's attack letter is in this mode, and acknowledges that Trump is going to be crushed in California--but California hatred stimulates his base.

Just two facts for you. All of the homeless waste in San Francisco is treated--unlike that in other states. There is a combined sewer system that treats all water, storm and sanitary. California, and the nation, certainly should do more about the homeless crisis. The Trump administration just turned down a grant application from the State of California for that purpose.

But you haters eat the peanuts.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Par for the course - no acknowledgment of the issue at hand. I guess it's fine for Calif. to ignore EPA reporting requirements. Plus, the backlog seems to have grown or was ignored by the Obama admin.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency sent a sternly worded letter to California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday, demanding he take immediate steps to address problems with dirty water in the state, many of which it claimed were associated with homelessness in San Francisco.

The letter takes issue with California’s purported failure to deal with several cases of water pollution, from the discharge of cyanide in Marin County to emissions of the cancer-causing chemical indeno in Los Angeles to degraded water supplies in scores of rural communities. But the most repeated concern is the condition of big-city streets, with the EPA even calling out the “piles of human feces” in San Francisco.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comprehend why the public hasn't run leaders who support sanctuary cities and states out of office. I've never personally seen even one person sleeping on a public street, nor one turd or needle lying on the ground, nor one protester kerfuffle. Maybe rather than forcing the public to put up with such crap, we should revert to the older solutions of outlawing it, enforcing such laws, and providing other, mandatory, housing. We could create the money to fund it from the same sources the far left advocates for controlling the earth's climate: print an extra 75 trillion, make Gates/Soros/DiCaprio/Babs/Bezos/Pelosi pay for it, or just put it on the government's credit card.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Par for the course - no acknowledgment of the issue at hand. I guess it's fine for Calif. to ignore EPA reporting requirements. Plus, the backlog seems to have grown or was ignored by the Obama admin.

Techno--do you think it helps to wash the peanuts? Do you have any idea of how many different dischargers there are in California? Do you have any idea of how many reports? Do you have any idea of what the Trump administration has, or hasn't done, on water quality and homeless issues in California? Do you know how many enforcement cases California is engaged in? Do you know anything about the due process requirements?

Trolls pontificate about things they know nothing about. Isobars is right there with Trump--jail em, shoot em, whatever they are traitors, low lives. Here's what the law requires about the homeless. Martin v. Boise:

Quote:
The panel affirmed in part and reversed in part the district
court’s summary judgment in an action brought by six current
or formerly homeless City of Boise residents who alleged that
their citations under the City’s Camping and Disorderly
Conduct Ordinances violated the Eighth Amendment’s
prohibition on cruel and unusual punishment.

Plaintiffs sought damages for the alleged violations under
42 U.S.C. § 1983. Two plaintiffs also sought prospective
declaratory and injunctive relief precluding future
enforcement of the ordinances. In 2014, after this litigation
began, the ordinances were amended to prohibit their
enforcement against any homeless person on public property
on any night when no shelter had an available overnight
space.

The court held that no city can prohibit camping on public property unless they have shelters for those trying to camp. Being poor is not a crime.

Do you know what the SSI payment is for someone disabled with mental illness? $661/month. What has the Trump administration done? Proposed cuts for housing.

Quote:
President Donald Trump’s fiscal year 2020 budget request – released today - proposes to drastically cut housing benefits that help millions of low-income seniors, people with disabilities, families with children, veterans, and other vulnerable people afford their homes. Like his other budget requests in FY18 and FY19, the proposal would reduce housing benefits for the lowest-income people by slashing federal investments in affordable homes, increasing rents, and imposing harmful work requirements on America’s struggling families. If enacted, the budget could leave even more low-income people without stable homes, undermining family stability, increasing evictions, and, in worst cases, leading to more homelessness.

Overall, the administration proposes to cut HUD by an astounding $9.6 billion or 18% below 2019 enacted levels, imposing deep cuts to affordable housing and community development, as well as other essential programs that ensure basic living standards.

What have Republicans done to make sure that SSI payments keep up with the actual cost of living? Tell me what your representative has done. Let's see, cut housing costs, turn down grants to California, cut mental health services. Then write a nasty letter. I'll post the California response when it is done.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Climate sham
coachg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
just put it on the government's credit card.

Just like the conservatives did for the Iraq War? Or how about this; don't pay for the war for one month and instead put that money towards your idea. It would still be on the government's credit card but it wouldn't be an additional increase to the current administrations growing deficit.

Coachg
mac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the topic that the right dodges. Another monster storm. More heat means more energy in the storm. https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/09/27/hurricane-lorenzo-packs-category-winds-presents-an-ominous-climate-signal/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 131 of 194

Jump to: