myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Caravan to La Ventana this december

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
consumererik

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:01 am    Post subject: Caravan to La Ventana this december Reply with quote

Hi, I am planning on driving solo in my minivan to La Ventana in early to mid December 2019. Since I plan to stay down there for a few months, I'm flexible on the dates I drive down. Does anyone want to coordinate with me, so we can caravan together? I've never driven down all through Baja, so I'd rather do it with others. It seems like meeting in San Diego would make sense. I'll be departing from San Francisco area.
windfind

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Erik,

The VentanaView newsletter has a special section for people arranging caravans. That is the most efficient way of finding someone. Although driving down Baja is infinitely easier than it was 20 years ago you are wise to travel with a caravan.

I have detailed hints in the free iwindsurf.com Baja Guide about making the drive and things to watch out for on your trip. I have not updated it the last few years since the trip has become so easy.

https://blog.weatherflow.com/baja-guide-by-mike-godsey/

Have fun!

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com/ikitesurf.com
Weatheflow.com
windsrf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might also be helpful to access the Vagabundos del Mar website?

https://www.vagabundos.com/

Although not focused on windsurfers/kiters and La Ventana.

I drove down in 2001 with single van but two drivers. Made it in two days from San Diego, but looooong days. Also much better to drive only in daylight due to cows on road, etc.
loopless

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the "talk baja" facebook page for the latest news - often they highlight specific road conditions.
And as noted don't drive at night unless you like getting close and personal with cows etc.
PeteV87

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on my way down right now, typing this from a hotel near Ensenada. Let me know if you have specific questions. I will head back to the US in a couple of weeks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: