myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Quote:
By Michael Scherer July 16
With a tweeted attack on four minority congresswomen this week, President Trump made clear that his reelection campaign will feature the same explosive mix of white grievance and anti-immigrant nativism that helped elect him.

Trump’s combustible formula of white identity politics already has reshaped the Republican Party, sidelining, silencing or converting nearly anyone who dares to challenge the racial insensitivity of his utterances. It also has pushed Democratic presidential candidates sharply to the left on issues such as immigration and civil rights, as they respond to the liberal backlash against him.

Still unknown is whether the president is now on the verge of more permanently reshaping the nation’s political landscape — at least until long-term demographic changes take hold to make nonwhite residents a majority of the country around 2050.

When all you read or watch is programmed by Murdoch, you don't really know much.

A huge majority of the country knows that Trump's posts about 4 elected officials are racist. 90% of what is left in the Republican party insist that Trump is not a racist. When the evidence doesn't fit your biases, watch something else.
You speak of diversion, when in reality you are diverting from the incessant, disgusting anti-Semitism that exists w/in your party, and is exemplified by your "squad", that you seem to be so proud of.
Over half of all the bigoted violence in this country are anti-Semitic in nature, it's our current biggest problem of that nature.
vientomas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 27 Jews currently serving in the U.S. House. Twenty-five of them are Democrats; 2 are Republicans. There are nine Jews in the U.S. Senate. All of them are Democrats (if you consider Bernie Sanders a Democrat). Republicans: zippo.

Are all these Democratic Jews in Congress self-loathing?

A look at Jewish voting patterns is equally revealing. According to the best available data, Democrats have carried the Jewish vote in 24 consecutive presidential elections, dating back to 1924. In six of the last seven presidential elections, the Jewish vote was more than 70 percent Democratic (the one exception was in 2012, when Barack Obama won 69 percent of the Jewish vote). Hillary Clinton trounced Trump among Jews by a 71/24 margin. 2018 exit polls showed 79 percent of Jews voting Democratic in the midterms.

Did Democrats just become the “anti-Jewish party” since November of last year?

Trump’s “anti-Israel” smear is only slightly more credible. Yes, a significant minority of congressional Democrats are less slavish to Benjamin Netanyahu’s policies than nearly all Republicans (who are beholden, for the most part, to militantly pro-Likud conservative evangelicals rather than to Jews on the whole). But the vast majority of Democratic elected officials have supported a robust U.S. alliance with Israel dating back to Israel’s founding, in which Democratic president Harry Truman played a key role. The most recent congressional vote on military assistance to Israel, in 2018, showed the measure passing both Houses on voice votes; 36 Democratic senators, including their Jewish leader, Chuck Schumer, were original co-sponsors.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03/trumps-claim-that-democrats-are-anti-jewish-is-absurd.html
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let facts confuse you or divert from believing Donald Trump "fear the other" messages. But for those who actually pay attention to facts, as crime continues to fall, there is this:

Quote:
Experts at the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University Law School said the crime rate for the 30 largest cities in America dropped about 1 percent and that the murder rate fell 2.4 percent. "Declines were especially pronounced in the largest cities," the center wrote on its website. "In cities with populations over 1 million, murders decreased by 8.1 percent. In suburban areas — comprising more than a third of the country — murders dropped by 1.9 percent, essentially stabilizing."

In Chicago, a city where killings have gained national headlines, the murder rate fell nearly 16 percent. There were 112 fewer killings in the city last year compared to 2016.

Crime in North Carolina fell 0.2%--not a statistical difference. Oh well, fear MS-13--because you want to hate immigrants.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's tough to tell if she's from L.A. or the bay area, both places share the same fashion.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the man who has no solutions, just vitriol.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to a Pandora's Box.

Quote:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. —
With the stroke of a pen, Gov. Gavin Newsom has made California the first state in the nation to allow student-athletes to be paid for use of their names, images or likeness.

Supporters are calling Senate Bill 206 the "Student Athlete Bill of Rights," but the “Pay to Play” law is a game changer on college campuses across California.

Here are three things to know about the newly signed law:

1) How does the new law really affect student-athletes?

Under SB 206, student-athletes can be compensated if someone wants to use their image, name or face. The landmark new law would also prevent the NCAA from banning student-athletes at California universities if they are paid for their likeness. The new law changes the rules for California universities, but community colleges are exempt.

The law could quickly motivate other states to follow suit, according to sports business expert Dr. Fritz Polite, a professor at Shenandoah University in Virginia.

“There’s no way that Oregon is going to let California do something that is going to enhance their chances of winning,” Polite said. “They’re not going to let that happen because everybody in the country is going to be coming to California now.”

The biggest impact would be on high-profile schools including UCLA, USC, Stanford and UC Berkeley, where elite athletes could potentially earn significant incomes from the use of their images.

It would have little impact on student-athletes at Sacramento State, according to Mark Orr, the university's athletic director.

“I don’t believe so,” Orr said. “It’s not something that we’ve done any survey work on or anything like that. But I think on a national scale, you’re probably talking about a small percentage of student-athletes that can earn income on their image, name and likeness.”

2) How is the NCAA responding to the new law?

The NCAA could potentially take away post-season play for students who get paid for their images.

In a statement to KCRA 3, NCAA spokesperson Stacey Osburn said, “Unfortunately, this new law is already creating confusion for current and future student-athletes, coaches, administrators, and campuses, and not just in California.”

Osburn added, "As more states consider their own specific legislation related to this topic, it is clear that a patchwork of different laws from different states will make unattainable the goal of providing a fair and level playing field for 1,100 campuses and nearly half a million student-athletes nationwide.”

The NCAA could also mount a legal challenge to the new law, according to Leslie Jacobs, a constitutional law professor at the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento.

“I imagine what they will claim is that California’s law violates the commerce clause of the Constitution,” Jacobs explained. “The commerce clause says Congress gets to regulate commerce. But if the states do something that regulates commerce, it can be unconstitutional if it is truly burdensome on other states."

3) What’s the reaction from California universities?

“I think (Monday) was something not expected,” Orr said.
He added that universities and student-athletes will need time to adjust to the new law.

“This doesn’t go into effect until 2023,” Orr said. “My hope is by 2023, we’ll have things aligned in place that is a positive impact for them.”

The University of California Office of the President sent KCRA 3 a statement that says in part, “We are troubled by the potential unintended consequences SB 206 may have on California schools, including any that may put our student-athletes, their teammates, and their athletic programs at risk of losing educational and competitive opportunities, such as scholarships and post-season play, because state law would be in conflict with current NCAA bylaws.”

https://www.kcra.com/article/california-pay-to-play-college-athletes/29312955
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
It's tough to tell if she's from L.A. or the bay area, both places share the same fashion.

NW...I'd say Central Coast, maybe Pismo, or Cambria. I saw a few like her in Cambria, when I swung through last July....

BTW- Is Arroya Laguna the choice piece of sand you past a couple miles before the Elephant Seal lookout?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac has solutions......now that's freaking funny Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
mac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thumb in the eye for fly-over states, where Republicans have cut taxes—and created massive deficits and collapsing bridges. California’s surplus looks to be $7 billion. No wonder Trump—and Techno—hate us. https://time.com/5735252/california-budget-surplus/

But you can always neglect your infrastructure for short term political gain.

https://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/article234151457.html
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:

NW...I'd say Central Coast, maybe Pismo, or Cambria. I saw a few like her in Cambria, when I swung through last July....

BTW- Is Arroya Laguna the choice piece of sand you past a couple miles before the Elephant Seal lookout?
A bit late in seeing this (obviously), the answer is yep. A pic of me and my buddy Bruce about 6 weeks ago on a light day. And a pic of me, that I just saw on this site a few days ago, taken by Kevin Kan about a month ago. Funny thing though, I don't think I've ever met Kevin, and I don't think he's ever met me, but I could be wrong, I meet lots of other w'surfers & kiters there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 67 of 205

Jump to: