myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Slingshot Wizard 125, 2018 vs 2020. Any difference?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Slingshot Wizard 125, 2018 vs 2020. Any difference? Reply with quote

LUCARO wrote:
dvCali wrote:
starik333 wrote:
Anybody has experience with both Wizards, 2018 and 2020? Is there any difference beside color? They both look same to me.
Asking for friend! Wink

I wonder who builds the Slingshot boards? Not that it matters too much but the 125 felt very heavy and this post is not too reassuring https://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/Foiling/Inside-of-a-SlingShot-105

There are lots of wizards out there, getting lots of miles, and I haven't run into anyone who has had problems with the box. The only damage mine took was the nose, from me beating the crap out of it while learning.

The guy had a problem with the deck, and changed the box to deep tuttle in the process. It is of course an anecdote.
LUCARO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Slingshot Wizard 125, 2018 vs 2020. Any difference? Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:
LUCARO wrote:
dvCali wrote:
starik333 wrote:
Anybody has experience with both Wizards, 2018 and 2020? Is there any difference beside color? They both look same to me.
Asking for friend! Wink

I wonder who builds the Slingshot boards? Not that it matters too much but the 125 felt very heavy and this post is not too reassuring https://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/Foiling/Inside-of-a-SlingShot-105

There are lots of wizards out there, getting lots of miles, and I haven't run into anyone who has had problems with the box. The only damage mine took was the nose, from me beating the crap out of it while learning.

The guy had a problem with the deck, and changed the box to deep tuttle in the process. It is of course an anecdote.

I see. So if people go with Moses foils it rules out the slingshot boards?
Gwarn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of Moses foils that work with the slingshot boards the 101,111 and the aluminum masts.

As far as the 105 It had a soft deck from where my rear foot rides I bought it used and I personally put 100+ session in the SF bay in all types of wind conditions. Yes the box on the 105 is very tuff as I have hit a lot of thing under water with it.

I did not like the fact I couldn't try other foils with the board so I changed out the box and fixed the deck at the same time and removed all the putty and paint.

I think there's too much focus on the boards as they are just launch vehicles to get you flying so for me personally I'm looking to get as small and as lite as possible for the least amount of swing weight when I'm carving.

I'm blessed that I have a place to work on my boards and from 2020 on i'll be riding my own boards with the designs that work for me and me only.

In the picture is 105 mast that is a ture deep tuttle and the 111 mast that is a chinook medium tuttle

Moses Masts.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  346.97 KB
 Viewed:  12961 Time(s)

Moses Masts.jpg

LUCARO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ gwarn: very cool

I think slingshot knew what they were doing when they built the hoverglide system a few years ago, knowing that few people were going to shell out close to 2k for a full carbon set up without seeing how much they would like to foil versus windsurfing. The beauty of the hoverglide system is that it was cheap enough to get people into foiling. Now everyone is hooked, people are much more likely to shell out double for a carbon set up.

Having said that though, I haven't felt that anything in the hoverglide system is holding my progression and enjoyment back. The only time I notice the weight is when I carry all three of my wing and fuselage setups out of the car into my garage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: