myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Impeachment countdown..... or 25th amendment...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900, from personal experience with my 2018 federal taxes, I know the nonsense coming from the Cato Institute is just BS. My tax obligation increased despite the fact that my income has been relatively flat for years. Also, I should point out that my income was arguably lower than an average middle class family. But, I will admit that I'm single and retired.

Overall though, most thoughtful folks know that they can never trust the nonsense from the Republican party and right wing think tanks. Add Donald Trump lies to the mix, and things become even more crazy.

Lastly, I have to ask how you fared in 2018. Did you actually see huge tax cuts in your filing? Of course, that would mean being honest about things. Please fill us all in on the real details in your life.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Quote:
By
Greg Sargent
Opinion writer
Jan. 15, 2020 at 6:27 a.m. PST
In a functional political environment, the explosive new documents from Lev Parnas just released by House investigators would rock the ongoing impeachment saga. They leave almost zero doubt that the scandal that got President Trump impeached will continue getting worse — substantially so — for him and his defenders.

Parnas had helped orchestrate Trump lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani’s negotiations with Ukrainian officials pursuant to Trump’s wide-ranging plot to pressure Ukraine into doing his corrupt political bidding.

One of the new documents reinforces this point. It’s a handwritten note by Parnas, telling himself to “get” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky “to announce that the Biden case will be investigated.”

The latest Trump impeachment updates

That shows Parnas working to carry out Giuliani’s plot to pressure Zelensky to validate the Trump/Giuliani narrative of corruption designed to smear Joe Biden, a narrative that is entirely fabricated.

Ah, but the peanut eaters will always be with us. As well as those who made billions from the tax cuts.

Keep dreaming stupid.....another useless document dump meant to keep morons like you all wet....... Here is your biggest problem airhead...Joe Biden was CORRUPT and Trump had every right in the world to ask the new Ukrainian president to look into the matter.... sorry but you don't get to ignore that FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dumb as a rock idiot, that is what the justice department is supposed to do or the senate or the house. Remember all the 6 years plus the congress had Hillary investigations and Obama investigations, only 36 or so on Obama. And the trump administration has owned the in-justice department for what 3 years and they again investigated Hillary for another 2 and found nothing.
again there was nothing that critical that required a president to be involved in this investigation, there were no urgent national security issues. Only political issues.

If just an investigation there was no need to have all the trump people telling Ukraine to make a public announcement like commey did which was against the FBI conventions which they did not announce trumps people were deeply involved with Russians and fisa warrants had been issued.

No mention of trumps son asking the russian ambassador to set up a backchannel so americans could not know what they trumps were plotting. again if not doing anything illegal why a backchannel and the americans should have been informed of such activities in real-time to decide if he was a traitor. Now this is and was a urgent matter of national security.

.and you low level to no level non-thinkers are squealing like piglets when the dems are in less than a year in investigations. already how many right wingers in jail? hahahahahaha

mac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Quote:
Looking at column 5, by far the largest percentage tax cuts go to the middle class. The middle quintile received a huge 31.6 percent income tax cut, which is three times the 10.6 percent cut received by the top quintile. The top 1 percent received a much smaller cut of 6 percent.

These results mean that the GOP’s individual income tax cuts made the income tax system more “progressive,” with higher earners paying a larger share of the overall burden. At the same time, households with lower incomes will receive larger spending subsidies (refundable credits) from the government. That was the wrong direction to go, but it is a reality that is still being underreported in the media.

https://www.cato.org/blog/who-gained-tax-cuts

This is how nonsense gets spread. Cato institute is of course an apologist for all things tax cut. But if you look at the money, not the percentages, the total estimated cost of the Trump tax cuts for ten years was estimated at $2.3 trillion. Of that, for 2018, 2/3 of the benefits go to the top 20% in income. But it gets worse. For 2027, 83% of the benefits go to the top 1%. There’s more. The corporate cuts, which were scandalous, are permanent while the personal cuts are temporary. If you look at the full scope of Trump’s fiscal policies, such as cuts in funding for safety net programs and for health care and Medicare, the idea that these cuts are progressive is absolutely ludicrous.

Thoreau invoked Esau when he advised us not to sell our birthright for a mess of potage. Techno—you didn’t even get potage. Sad.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
techno900, from personal experience with my 2018 federal taxes, I know the nonsense coming from the Cato Institute is just BS. My tax obligation increased despite the fact that my income has been relatively flat for years. Also, I should point out that my income was arguably lower than an average middle class family. But, I will admit that I'm single and retired.

Overall though, most thoughtful folks know that they can never trust the nonsense from the Republican party and right wing think tanks. Add Donald Trump lies to the mix, and things become even more crazy.

Lastly, I have to ask how you fared in 2018. Did you actually see huge tax cuts in your filing? Of course, that would mean being honest about things. Please fill us all in on the real details in your life.

You have a lousy accountant. And, if you're doing it you'd better hire a professional.
P.S., I thought that liberals didn't mind paying more taxes.
P.S.S., if you're married, you don't even pay taxes on the 1st $26,600 under Trump's plan. C'mon
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the charts on the site below and tell me how almost all of us didn't save on taxes with lower percentage rates and the biggest plus, the standard deduction for married and joint filers increased from $12,700 to $24,000

https://www.thebalance.com/trump-s-tax-plan-how-it-affects-you-4113968

However:

Quote:
The income levels rise each year with inflation. As a result, more people are subject to the highest bracket than they would have been under the old method. By 2025, 8.9% of taxpayers will pay more than they would have under the previous tax law. In 2018, only 4.8% of households paid more.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Look at the charts on the site below and tell me how almost all of us didn't save on taxes with lower percentage rates and the biggest plus, the standard deduction for married and joint filers increased from $12,700 to $24,000

https://www.thebalance.com/trump-s-tax-plan-how-it-affects-you-4113968

However:

Quote:
The income levels rise each year with inflation. As a result, more people are subject to the highest bracket than they would have been under the old method. By 2025, 8.9% of taxpayers will pay more than they would have under the previous tax law. In 2018, only 4.8% of households paid more.

Just return to talking points, standard right wing practice. Certainly the Trump tax cuts reduced taxes for some in the middle class. But a fair look at that requires also considering whether policy changes limiting deductions for state and local taxes, cuts to funding for health care and other safety nets offset those savings.

My points, which I’ll repeat for simplicity, are 1) the vast majority of the benefits—83% according to one source—go to the top 1%, and 2). Funding these cuts with deficit spending, as is occurring, increases inflationary pressure, which serves as a mostly unseen tax which disproportionately burdens middle and lower class workers. Describing these policies as progressive, as the Cato reference did, is utter nonsense.

I guess you’re telling us you’re happy with your mess of potage.
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocking, those paying huge taxes saved more dollars than those that pay little to moderate taxes.

The lower incomes got the biggest percentage of change to their taxes and the increased standard deduction gave the middle income people a good savings. Which shockingly included me.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow again this does seem to be an international crime of major proportions, a right winger running for congress huge trump fan obviously he was taking his orders from the trump team. Again looking into assassinating an american ambassador.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ukraine-investigation-marie-yovanovitch-surveillance_n_5e2064e5c5b673621f718431

Ukraine Launches Investigation Into Possible Surveillance Of Marie Yovanovitch
A trove of newly released documents stemming from the House’s impeachment inquiry suggests the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine was being monitored.

Quote:
KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukrainian police said Thursday they have opened an investigation into the possibility that the U.S. ambassador came under illegal surveillance by an unknown party before she was recalled from her post in May.

The announcement came two days after Democratic lawmakers in the United States released a trove of documents that showed Lev Parnas, an associate of President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, communicating about the removal of Marie Yovanovitch as the ambassador to Ukraine.

Last chance to become a HuffPost founding member!
Sign up for membership to become a founding member and help shape HuffPost’s next chapter
Yes, I want to support HuffPost
The Ukrainian Interior Ministry, which runs the police forces, said in a statement that Ukrainian police “are not interfering in the internal political affairs of the United States.”

“However, the published messages contain facts of possible violations of Ukrainian law and of the Vienna Convention on diplomatic relations, which protect the rights of diplomats on the territory of another state,” the statement continued.

“Our goal is to investigate whether there actually was a violation of Ukrainian and international law, which could be the subject for proper reaction. Or whether it is just bravado and fake information in the informal conversation between two U.S. citizens,” the ministry said.

The Interior Ministry also said it has requested the FBI provide relevant materials. Interior Minister Arsen Avakov “suggested that the U.S. side take part in the investigation,” the statement said

In another move touching on the Trump impeachment, Ukraine said it was opening an investigation into reports that Russian hackers gained access to computers of the Ukrainian gas company Burisma.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-watchdog-says-trump-administration-151943680.html

U.S. watchdog says Trump administration violated law by withholding Ukraine aid

Quote:
January 16, 2020, 8:19 AM GMT-7
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration violated federal law last year by withholding security aid for Ukraine that had been appropriated by Congress, a U.S. congressional watchdog said in a report released on Thursday.

"Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law. OMB withheld funds for a policy reason, which is not permitted under the Impoundment Control Act (ICA)," the U.S. Government Accountability Office said, referring to the Office of Management and Budget. "The withholding was not a programmatic delay. Therefore, we conclude that OMB violated the ICA."

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/emmaloop/lev-parnas-giuliani-trump-notes-texts-impeachment

Rudy Giuliani’s Indicted Associate Says "Trump Knew Exactly What Was Going On" With Ukraine Meetings
The comments from Lev Parnas, one of the men who worked with Rudy Giuliani to dig up dirt in Ukraine, come after Congress released hundreds of pages of evidence that Parnas turned over to impeachment investigators.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Lev Parnas, a key associate to Rudy Giuliani, a lawyer working for President Donald Trump who ran the Ukrainian backchannel campaign at the center of his impeachment, told MSNBC on Wednesday that "President Trump knew exactly what was going on."

"He was aware of all my movements. I wouldn't do anything without the consent of Rudy Giuliani or the president," Parnas, who was indicted on campaign finance charges, told MSNBC host Rachel Maddow. "Why would [Ukrainian] President Zelenskiy's inner circle or Minister Avakov or all these people or President Poroshenko meet with me? Who am I? They were told to meet with me. And that's the secret that they're trying to keep. I was on the ground doing their work."

youtube.com
The interview aired after House Democrats released hundreds of pages of new documents related to the impeachment inquiry into President Trump, including texts and notes turned over by Parnas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 38 of 65

Jump to: