myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Big Winds Board Shop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Big Winds Board Shop Reply with quote

Warranty issue,
This will be the second time I had am Issue with one of the products I purchased from B.W. This the second time that Mark at the shop resolved the problem asap. I called him at 3pm Thursday. He made inquires and called me back at 5 pm with a tracking number for the replacement part. It arrived here on the central coast of California Saturday after noon. Service like this is a rare thing these days. A big thanks to Mark and Big Winds Board shop...
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been dealing with them since the late '80s, and that comes as no surprise.
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know, thanks for sharing. I have had the opposite experience with another store, which won't get any of my business in the future.

But I have also had a very positive warranty experience with Wind-NC. That won't come as a surprise to anyone who knows Andy from the time he had a store in Hatteras. Wind-NC will remain on top of the list of places to shop for windsurf gear.
ramps

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boardsurfr wrote:
Good to know, thanks for sharing. I have had the opposite experience with another store, which won't get any of my business in the future.

But I have also had a very positive warranty experience with Wind-NC. That won't come as a surprise to anyone who knows Andy from the time he had a store in Hatteras. Wind-NC will remain on top of the list of places to shop for windsurf gear.

I too have always had good a experience at Big Winds, and I'll bet I know which other shop it is that you are referring to. That particular shop ignores me and gives me a vibe that I'm not cool enough to set foot in there. It's deja-school all over again.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted because I felt B.W. has done an excellent job for me and I wanted to let you guys know. If there is a shop that doesn't take care of their customers maybe we should know that too. Just sayin
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOVAAN wrote:
If there is a shop that doesn't take care of their customers maybe we should know that too. Just sayin

I agree in general, but for a store you can walk into, there's always an interpersonal aspect, too. For the "bad" store I mentioned, I know some customers who have gotten bad advice or service, but also others who are very happy with it. They don't do much business on the internet, so there's no point in mentioning their name here.
wsmtbskate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll also give a thumbs up to BW and a two thumbs up to Wind-NC.
Andy at Wind-NC has been particularly helpful with my questions and orders.
Good people at both for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: