myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Ski Resorts are Corona closed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jpf18



Joined: 13 Aug 2000
Posts: 281
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airwave wrote:
For those wondering about launch access.

Somebody convince me otherwise: There's a good chance much of our not-even-started-in-earnest-yet season is going to come to an abrupt hault. Why? Malls are closed. Golf courses are closed. No daytime drinking! Bars are closed. Movies are closed, everything's closed. Come the first nice spring day, ppl are going to throw caution to the wind and crash&trash places. The usual suspects, Dolores Park, Marina Green come to mind. Crissy Field, Coyote Pt. and other launches are not going to get spared. That fencing that's on standby to channel crowds at events like Hardly Strictly, marathons, 4/20, that's going to come out, hard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bert



Joined: 10 Apr 2000
Posts: 631

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've all gotta tough out for awhile, self isolate, stay healthy and informed until this pandemic passes. I plan to shelter in place in my mancave until it's safe to resume my normal life and activities. A lot of us who are old geezers need to be especially vigilant.


Wilson chilling out.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  933.19 KB
 Viewed:  7059 Time(s)

Wilson chilling out.jpg




Last edited by bert on Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ctuna



Joined: 27 Jun 1995
Posts: 960
Location: Santa Cruz Ca

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:27 pm    Post subject: Surfing has not stopped in Santa Cruz Reply with quote

Surfing has not stopped in Santa Cruz I don't see them
staying 6 ft apart in the lineup.
and people are walking very close together along
West Cliff Drive just like the pictures in SF along the
Beach in the News shots. But the streets generally have
very little traffic. There are now lines and space metering
at some of the Grocery stores. Same thing at the pot shops.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 19732

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of three reasons I have several DVRs PACKED with entire seasons of my favorite TV shows. (The other reasons are that I don't have time to watch TV and my last surgery was a piece of cake.)

I can't comprehend the number of people whose lives are shaken up by "having" to spend more time with their families. The mother who chose a professional career over raising her kids and only now and only by force discovered that she actually LIKES mothering her latchkey and/or daycare kids is disgusting (let's hope she learned something and acts on it). Ditto fathers (as opposed to actual "Dads") who know nothing but work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jpf18



Joined: 13 Aug 2000
Posts: 281
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medical professionals at the Papa Giovanni XXIII Hospital in Bergamo share impacts, lessons learned in the New England Journal of Medicine.

"At the Epicenter of the Covid-19 Pandemic and Humanitarian Crises in Italy: Changing Perspectives on Preparation and Mitigation"
https://catalyst.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/CAT.20.0080
NEJM Catalyst. NEJM Catalyst is produced by NEJM Group, a division of the Massachusetts Medical Society. 21 March 2020
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
rigitrite



Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Posts: 498
Location: Kansas City

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
The mother who chose a professional career over raising her kids and only now and only by force discovered that she actually LIKES mothering her latchkey and/or daycare kids is disgusting (let's hope she learned something and acts on it).



Misogynist much?

BTW, people like YOU engineered a world in which both parents have to work just to make ends meet. It's not 1962 anymore. Buy a clue.

_________________
Kansas City
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SwellRipper



Joined: 21 Apr 2009
Posts: 192
Location: Channel Marker 11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject: Wilson chilling Reply with quote

Hey Bert,

Awesome Wilson pic!

Make sure you swab him down with that whiskey though before you party with him, just to be sure, ha ha.

Also, for those that are venturing out for wind, we might have to utilize more clandestine launches while we're under marshal law.

_________________
Carve the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 19732

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read my post again. That kind of false BS is the reason you're plonked.

rigitrite wrote:
isobars wrote:
The mother who chose a professional career over raising her kids and only now and only by force discovered that she actually LIKES mothering her latchkey and/or daycare kids is disgusting (let's hope she learned something and acts on it).



Misogynist much?

BTW, people like YOU engineered a world in which both parents have to work just to make ends meet. It's not 1962 anymore. Buy a clue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 14681
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Read my post again. That kind of false BS is the reason you're plonked.

rigitrite wrote:
isobars wrote:
The mother who chose a professional career over raising her kids and only now and only by force discovered that she actually LIKES mothering her latchkey and/or daycare kids is disgusting (let's hope she learned something and acts on it).



Misogynist much?

BTW, people like YOU engineered a world in which both parents have to work just to make ends meet. It's not 1962 anymore. Buy a clue.


The master of shit in the punchbowl and run.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 9682

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bert, I like your perspective on things. Seems like a good balance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group