myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Covid19 Closures to Date for The Gorge
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hrwindsurfing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Covid19 Closures to Date for The Gorge Reply with quote

All Oregon State Parks are closed. All Washington State Parks are closed as well as all boat ramps and fishing sites. Port of Hood River has closed all beach access sites. Army Corp has closed most access roads and sites.

All Skamania County Trailheads are closed.

Oregon Coastal Communities are also shutting down access roads and sites, check first!

WA Park Closure Link: https://parks.state.wa.us/AlertCenter.aspx?CID=148,56,144,

OR Park Closure Link: https://oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=v.dsp_Notices

Port of Hood River: https://portofhoodriver.com/port-of-hood-river-to-close-waterfront-parks-and-open-spaces/

Army Corp Link: https://www.usace.army.mil/Coronavirus/

Skamania County Trailhead Link: https://www.skamaniacounty.org/Home/Components/News/News/93/15

Last edited by hrwindsurfing on Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
AlexM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Corps of Engineers website has this item posted 3/20/20: "USACE is maintaining access to our projects by keeping day use facilities and lake access areas open such as boat launches, picnic areas, fishing piers, and viewing areas; however, these areas are subject to evolving conditions and localized situations may cause decisions that close specific areas". So it looks like Rufus and Roosevelt are safe for now.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I read that right, it looks like Doug's, The Hatchery and The Wall are still Ok to launch also.

-Craig

AlexM wrote:
The Corps of Engineers website has this item posted 3/20/20: "USACE is maintaining access to our projects by keeping day use facilities and lake access areas open such as boat launches, picnic areas, fishing piers, and viewing areas; however, these areas are subject to evolving conditions and localized situations may cause decisions that close specific areas". So it looks like Rufus and Roosevelt are safe for now.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until tomorrow, that is. The WA governor just issued an edict that no one may leave their own homes for any reason or destination other than medical care or grocery-shopping.
AlexM wrote:
it looks like Rufus and Roosevelt are safe for now.
westender

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon State Police answers FAQs related to stay-at-home order

https://katu.com/news/local/oregon-state-police-answers-faqs-related-to-stay-at-home-order
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From that site, regarding Oregon: "Oregonians can still recreate outdoors, if their recreational activity involves non-contact with others and they can maintain appropriate social distancing- which is defined as 6 feet or more from others. Oregonians and visitors to our state should be aware most campgrounds and boat ramps are closed, so you should research your plans before recreating."

Washington's "lockdown" policy is essentially the same.
westender

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So any place that requires a Discover pass is closed??? Hatchery, Dougs. CGWA closes Swell.
windfind

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gang,

Just to clarify Isobar's March 25 02:11 post regarding Washington State. Here is part of the transcript of what Governor Inslee said on March 24:

https://www.governor.wa.gov/news-media/stay-home-stay-healthy-address-

Inslee said:
"Here is what the order will do, effective for a minimum of two weeks: It essentially requires every Washingtonian to minimize physical contact with others, unless they are pursuing essential activities, like grocery shopping, going to a doctor’s appointment or the pharmacy, or if they work at a business deemed essential to continue functioning during an emergency."

"This does NOT mean you can’t go outside. If you feel like going for a walk, gardening or going for a bike ride, we consider that essential activity too for everyone’s physical and mental health. We all just need to practice social distancing of six feet to protect ourselves and others — everywhere, all the time."

As is usually the case... the devil is in the details. And in this case it the devil supports having fun outdoors at 6-foot intervals if you can find an open venue.

Mike Godsey
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each state has its own stay at home rules. None are going to address every or most any form of exercise.
Virginia and North Carolina have closed beaches, except fishing or exercise.
Unless you can rig in your yard and carry to the water , you “could” be violating the stay at home intent, of essential trips only.
OTOH, since exercise is encouraged , windsurfing would not be prohibited, using the social distancing , land or water.
Falling into the area that it’s not prohibitive, then it’s ok, or a gray area.
Driving with gear may present problems with authorities , a tactful approach would best suit, since I’m getting bread, and my River is on the way, I m having a sail, would that float?
The reasons one may indulge , don’t compute for me.
Those older folk, and or with underlying health issues,should be staying home, period.
Thus to avoid themselves being exposed or others even more at risk.
Social distance and stay at home are the same on all the states, I would think states next to California and Washington, this should be easy enough to digest.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a national map on TV showing the many states with stay-at-home orders. WA was on the list.

1. That's news to me, and I'm paying close attention. It's not "orders" in WA, it's guidelines ... a plea for sanity ... based on what appears to be a highly debatable assumption by some leaders that the virus's primary vector is airborne droplets. The primary guideline is to avoid gatherings, and so far it's unenforceable if people are too stupid to comply. For example, there's been an impromptu gathering of hundreds of people every Friday night in the same crowded parking lot for many years. It hasn't slacked off, because there's neither authority nor eagerness to enforce the guidelines.

2. Governors don't have the authority to simply issue enforceable edicts, according to the legal pundits parading across the TV screen. That takes legislation. It's not any police officer's business why I'm on the highway unless MAYBE if I have a dozen people in my vehicle, and even then the gendarmes can only whine, stomp their feet, hold their breath until they turn blue, educate us, and say "Be careful out there."

As for business closures ... I can't comprehend why booze stores are declared "essential" when gun stores, which directly support to our right to self-defense, are closed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: