myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wind wing foiling v. Windsurf foiling.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinkan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually using the Infinity 99 winging right now... thinking about downsizing to the 84 for more speed/less drag.... don't know if that is actually the reality. With the 99 I can get some decent speeds, but I don't have a GPS... but i get that familiar feeling where I'm nosing down to go fast(ish)

Went again to Berkeley today. Just two of us out... easy to distance ourselves on the water and in the parking lot.

pumped all the way back to the dock in almost no wind... should've known the beginning of the dock is shallower than the end of the dock... well, I know that for sure now.. glad I only catapulted into shallow muddy water instead of the side of the dock.

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
LUCARO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a top speed race between the 84 and the 99
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda like...which fin is faster.
which sail
board
harness
fathomfathom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinkan wrote:
I'm actually using the Infinity 99 winging right now... thinking about downsizing to the 84 for more speed/less drag.... don't know if that is actually the reality. With the 99 I can get some decent speeds, but I don't have a GPS... but i get that familiar feeling where I'm nosing down to go fast(ish)

Went again to Berkeley today. Just two of us out... easy to distance ourselves on the water and in the parking lot.

pumped all the way back to the dock in almost no wind... should've known the beginning of the dock is shallower than the end of the dock... well, I know that for sure now.. glad I only catapulted into shallow muddy water instead of the side of the dock.

Good to know re the 99
Got one but haven't got a chance to try with winter and COVID
What fuselage/stab are you using with the 99?

Side by side the 99 is much thinner than the 84 (99 is like a big version of the 76) so expected to be faster (Wyatt said same thing).
LUCARO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fathomfathom wrote:
kevinkan wrote:

Good to know re the 99
Got one but haven't got a chance to try with winter and COVID
What fuselage/stab are you using with the 99?

Side by side the 99 is much thinner than the 84 (99 is like a big version of the 76) so expected to be faster (Wyatt said same thing).

I windfoil with the 99 and small stabilizer. I am generally not a fan of the large stabilizer on the long fuse.

I have had my race yet but I am thinking like you said above that 99 may not be that much slower than the 84. I reckon the max speed difference between the 99 and the 84 will be less noticable than the difference between the 76 and the 84
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: