myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Turning trashed monofilm sails into face shields

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DelCarpenter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Turning trashed monofilm sails into face shields Reply with quote

A couple of months ago I trashed early 2000s monofilm sails (12.0 & a 10.8) while saving the battens and large monofilm sections for "just in case." I thought I would use the monofilm for making regular string kites for flying with my grandchildren.

Now I'm in the process of using that material to make face shields to wear when not "sheltering at home." I think their best function for my wife and I will be to remind us & the people we encounter (such as when we are out walking) to maintain a safe physical distancing. I have some hope they will also cut down on the receipt of respiratory droplets when I or others fail to maintain a safe distance.

I'm still in the design phase. I'm somewhat looking forward to another successful use of duct tape in attaching the monofilm to whatever I use for the frame (ball cap, plastic glowlight tubing, whatever).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: