myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coronavirus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 339, 340, 341  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good news about Hydroxychloroquine from a highly qualified source.
Harvey A Risch, MD, PhD is professor of epidemiology at Yale school of Public Health.He has authored over 300 peer-reviewed publications.

In short, this doctor says Hydroxychloroquine is the key to defeating Covid19. Here is a link to an article in Newsweek about his findings. It is an oppion piece:

https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeating-covid-19-already-exists-we-need-start-using-it-opinion-1519535
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wynsurfer wrote:
Some good news about Hydroxychloroquine from a highly qualified source.
Harvey A Risch, MD, PhD is professor of epidemiology at Yale school of Public Health.He has authored over 300 peer-reviewed publications.

In short, this doctor says Hydroxychloroquine is the key to defeating Covid19. Here is a link to an article in Newsweek about his findings. It is an oppion piece:

https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeating-covid-19-already-exists-we-need-start-using-it-opinion-1519535

Well, maybe:

Conflict of Interest: Dr. Risch acknowledges past advisory consulting work with two of the more than 50 manufacturers of hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin and doxycycline. This past work was not related to any of these three medications and was completed more than two years ago. He has no ongoing, planned or projected relationships with any of these companies, nor any other potential conflicts-of-interest to disclose.
Running Head: Outpatient Treatment of High-Risk Covid-19
© The Author(s) 2020. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. All rights reserved. For permissions, please e‐mail: journals.permissions@oup.com.
Downloaded from https://academic.oup.com/aje/article-abstract/doi/10.1093/aje/kwaa093/5847586 by guest on 24 July 2020
ORIGINAL
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new high, 78,000 + new cases. None of you right wingers have been able to come up with anything that Trump has done since the China travel ban—too late—January 31st—that significantly slows the spread of the virus or prevents infection of health workers.

I’m tired of losing—lives—like this, and the pathetic diversions from the tin foil hat brigade.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s just the “I got all my fingers amputated” kind of flu.
https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/covid-19-survivor-who-had-most-of-his-fingers-amputated-this-can-happen-to-you/
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:
mac wrote:
Oh wise and informed NW, I’ll ask you the question that mrgybe and Techno won’t even try to answer. What has Trump done to effectively manage the pandemic? Stopping a panic run on toilet paper, or throwing paper towels to the audience does not count.

And?
And? Smarty panties.
I could start off with him shutting down travel from China when Biden called it "xenophobic", and continue on from there. But I know how you operate, you'd say B.S, and B.S., and B.S. to everything I list. Trying to satisfy a far leftist like you from a libertarian/conservative like me would be nothing but an effort in futility. And I'm sure you don't give a wit of what I have to say, which would be a first if you did. You looking for me to give you something you could believe in is a complete joke.
So now I'm giving you, or any of your leftist friends here a clear road to say something like 'I knew it, you ain't got shit!'. It's just a game for you and your buddies.

You demonstrate your lack of knowledge by citing the travel ban—and nothing else. That was 6 months ago, and it was too little and too late. Nothing since. If you were paying attention you would know that the infections in the Northeastern United States came from Europe.

Nothing since, eh? Well, you actually got that right. Nearly 150,000 deaths, and Trump has no plan. And you don’t give a shit.

Yoho.
I don't give a shit!?! You're full of shit, as well as knowing so much about what needs to be done, supposedly,,,,,, well after the fact.
That's what cracks me up with all you naysayers about this country's response. You can't say "that's wrong" back when our initial responses were made, as if you know better, no, you just wait until it becomes apparent that some things could have been handled better. It's a learning process for everyone, but not for you naysayers, apparently you had 20/20 vision from the beginning, right? Wrong, you act like cowards by waiting, until you can say "see!". That's bullshit.
'But our country is so much worse than the European countries, we should be doing it like them!', oh really.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EUROPE is on alert as coronavirus cases are surging sparking fears of a potential second wave.

France has warned the progress in the fight against coronavirus has been "erased", and meanwhile Britain closed its air bridge to Spain due to a spike in cases.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12228602/europe-coronavirus-cases-surge-france-spain/
wsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is far from over anywhere until a vaccine is widely available!

Initial responses were not very good here sorry to say.
Denial was a primary response from DJT!
It's killing him now in the polls and he can't stand it, hence his about face in recent weeks.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:
mac wrote:
Oh wise and informed NW, I’ll ask you the question that mrgybe and Techno won’t even try to answer. What has Trump done to effectively manage the pandemic? Stopping a panic run on toilet paper, or throwing paper towels to the audience does not count.

And?
And? Smarty panties.
I could start off with him shutting down travel from China when Biden called it "xenophobic", and continue on from there. But I know how you operate, you'd say B.S, and B.S., and B.S. to everything I list. Trying to satisfy a far leftist like you from a libertarian/conservative like me would be nothing but an effort in futility. And I'm sure you don't give a wit of what I have to say, which would be a first if you did. You looking for me to give you something you could believe in is a complete joke.
So now I'm giving you, or any of your leftist friends here a clear road to say something like 'I knew it, you ain't got shit!'. It's just a game for you and your buddies.

You demonstrate your lack of knowledge by citing the travel ban—and nothing else. That was 6 months ago, and it was too little and too late. Nothing since. If you were paying attention you would know that the infections in the Northeastern United States came from Europe.

Nothing since, eh? Well, you actually got that right. Nearly 150,000 deaths, and Trump has no plan. And you don’t give a shit.

Yoho.
I don't give a shit!?! You're full of shit, as well as knowing so much about what needs to be done, supposedly,,,,,, well after the fact.
That's what cracks me up with all you naysayers about this country's response. You can't say "that's wrong" back when our initial responses were made, as if you know better, no, you just wait until it becomes apparent that some things could have been handled better. It's a learning process for everyone, but not for you naysayers, apparently you had 20/20 vision from the beginning, right? Wrong, you act like cowards by waiting, until you can say "see!". That's bullshit.
'But our country is so much worse than the European countries, we should be doing it like them!', oh really.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EUROPE is on alert as coronavirus cases are surging sparking fears of a potential second wave.

France has warned the progress in the fight against coronavirus has been "erased", and meanwhile Britain closed its air bridge to Spain due to a spike in cases.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12228602/europe-coronavirus-cases-surge-france-spain/

The thing about thinking is that you check. I’ll post the graphs for France and Spain below. A small uptick in Spain, but both countries are way better off than the US. Something NW wouldn’t know because he didn’t check and doesn’t think for himself.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nw—in case you think I’ve somehow cherrypicked data to represent only the countries in Europe doing well, i’ll give you the numbers, normalized as cases per million people.

US. 13,000 +
Spain. 6,800 +
Sweden. 5697
UK. 4409
Italy. 4071
France. 2765
Germany. 2467

The richest country in the world has screwed the pooch. Twice as high as Spain, every other country is lower. The rate of new infections is the killer. The US had 56,000 new cases yesterday—Spain had 2255. Spain has 1/7 the population of the US, and 1/28 the rate of new cases.

Tell me again what effective things Trump has done in the last 6 months?
Nada, and that’s why we have 4 times the rate of infection of Spain?

Idiot.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should worry about California, your numbers are soaring. Is it just poor leadership?? the BLM bullshit protest or a combination of both???

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
wsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
You should worry about California, your numbers are soaring. Is it just poor leadership?? the BLM bullshit protest or a combination of both???

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

BLM...we knew you couldn't resist!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/27/the-hapless-extremely-annoying-shock-troops-of-the-culture-wars-are-picking-a-fight-about-facemasks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 339, 340, 341  Next
Page 193 of 341

Jump to: