myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
look who else thinks trump is a liar
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the idea that most politicians lie is completely untrue. Until Trump it was pretty rare in my experience. Most politicians are at least a bit narcissistic, and they hate being surprised. But I’ve known and worked with dozens, and most of them are interested in serving the public, or in some specific accomplishment.
LHDR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know better than me, and you may be right at the local level. But aren't most major Republican ideas based on lies? That tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations will trickle down to the bottom half, that climate change is a not happening and may not be limited by reducing greenhouse gases, that Obama has no mandate to nominate a judge to the supreme court, that Obamacare will ruin the country?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with LHDR. The GOP Has creates a narrative based on lies and deception. To claim otherwise is, simply, ignoring facts.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was objecting to cgoudie’s characterization of all politicians as mendacious. Certainly I’ve run into politicians who were dishonest—and I helped put one in jail. 40 years ago, most of the Republicans I knew were pretty high integrity folks. I might have disagreed with their policy views, but I rarely doubted the sincerity of their views. That changed some with Reagan, more rapidly with Newt and Rush. Integrity is now gone. The GOP politicians, with perhaps three exceptions, are terrified of Trump. The Senate report just released makes it clear that Republican Senators knew the Trump campaign colluded with Russia and that his attempted extortion of the Ukraine President was treasonous. At this moment, it looks like they would have been better off if they had convicted fat donnie and gone with Pence.

Tuned in for a while tonight, but about hurled with the video claiming that Trump had handled the pandemic well, by shutting off travel to China. That’s spin that amounts to a lie. 40,000 people came to this country from China after the travel ban. And the bulk of the East Coast infections came from Europe.

It could have been scripted by mrgybe. One tiny truth in a wall of lies. I had to watch basketball or I was gonna hurl.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a network is lying everyday since their inception, they claim they are "fair and balanced"

Nixon I believe is still a hero to much of the right wing. The right wing supports his criminality to this date. He was supporting payoffs to criminals breaking into dem psychologists and offices.

Right wing Supreme court who allows trump to get away without investigations into very serious corruption with a witness/actor of the crimes said he did it for trump and went to jail for it.

Right wing political lying is oozing out of every pore of their party with full support of the right wing. With the exception of a remarkable unprecedented top level few that that even have said they support Biden. In the history of elections I doubt it could ever be found so many at the top being outspoken against right wing lying. But this has no effect on the 90% of right wingers who love lies and the liars that tell them.

isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgoudie1 wrote:
Either way it's good to question the veracity of a politician.

Of course. But that's different from just regurgitating the stupid accusation that one of them has lied 10 or 20 thousand times. In this case, it's no different from calling him a racist with no evidence. We all know the Muslim ban wasn't; global viral outbreaks such as the China and Ebola virus are commonly named after their source location; FAR more cops have been killed by black assassins than the number of unarmed blacks fatally shot by police (about 8, and case-by-case examination proved most of those to be justified under the rules of engagement); and the HuffPo list of the 13 worst instances of Trump's racial bias reads like it was excreted by mac and concludes with "Editor’s [unsupported] note: [i]Donald Trump is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist, birther and bully who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims ― 1.6 billion members of an entire religion ― from entering the U.S.".

No bias there, folks. Move along, now.

Is it any wonder that intelligent people who want to be accurately informed don't read HuffPo? Almost every one of those supposed proofs of Trump's racism is either stretched beyond laughability, single unsubstantiated accusations, almost 100 years old, devoid of proof, and/or outright false and not worthy of disproving yet again.

OTOH, why does the left ignore "You can keep your doctor", "You can keep your insurance", and "No taxpayer money will fund abortions"? Now, compared to "Biggest inaugural crowd in the history of the universe", THOSE lies MATTER.
vientomas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
cgoudie1 wrote:
Either way it's good to question the veracity of a politician.

Of course. But that's different from just regurgitating the stupid accusation that one of them has lied 10 or 20 thousand times. In this case, it's no different from calling him a racist with no evidence. We all know the Muslim ban wasn't; global viral outbreaks such as the China and Ebola virus are commonly named after their source location; FAR more cops have been killed by black assassins than the number of unarmed blacks fatally shot by police (about 8, and case-by-case examination proved most of those to be justified under the rules of engagement); and the HuffPo list of the 13 worst instances of Trump's racial bias reads like it was excreted by mac and concludes with "Editor’s [unsupported] note: [i]Donald Trump is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist, birther and bully who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims ― 1.6 billion members of an entire religion ― from entering the U.S.".

No bias there, folks. Move along, now.

Is it any wonder that intelligent people who want to be accurately informed don't read HuffPo? Almost every one of those supposed proofs of Trump's racism is either stretched beyond laughability, single unsubstantiated accusations, almost 100 years old, devoid of proof, and/or outright false and not worthy of disproving yet again.

OTOH, why does the left ignore "You can keep your doctor", "You can keep your insurance", and "No taxpayer money will fund abortions"? Now, compared to "Biggest inaugural crowd in the history of the universe", THOSE lies MATTER.

No citations to support the rant.

Did the Spanish Flu orginate in Spain?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: