myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coronavirus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 303, 304, 305 ... 331, 332, 333  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coachg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me GT, your Conservative party is nothing like our Conservative party and I doubt your Liberal party has very much in common with our Liberal party as well.

Coachg
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look, the conservatives have moved the goal posts again. Incapable of staying on topic, and determined to repeat WSJ or right wing talking points, the new reasoning is that we liberals are insensitive to the bond between parents and children, and determined to close the schools again. Utter bullshit.

Mlaronde and Isobars have published nonsense stories about vaccines being more dangerous than Covid, and those stories have been amplified by right wing media, and folks like Tucker Carlson. Gybe pivots to claim this is about closing schools, or interfering in the parent child relationship.

First, vaccine mandates have been constitutional in this country for about a century. Blessed by the Supreme Court—I posted the citation. It is not a loss of freedom to require vaccination to attend school, or go to a restaurant. Your freedom to make decisions about your body do not extend to a freedom to infect others with a deadly disease. Settled law, and a serious political party would acknowledge that. Something I learned while still a child.

Second, children remain an important vector for spreading disease—in the case of schools, to teachers. We can blame the teachers for being old and overweight—classic right wing tactics. But the sad fact is that teachers are dying and retiring, and school districts aren’t able to replace them. When I taught children in person, I got far more colds. The price I was willing to pay for teaching kids that need help was aches and pains—not the threat of Covid.

Third, nobody is talking about closing schools. Stanford—a private school that gets the cream of the crop—is talking about starting the semester remotely. In Berkeley, the organization that vets my volunteering required me to get a test and show proof of vaccination—which I gladly did. Schools are using science—both about educational content and about risk minimization—to stay open and teach. Republicans are trying to ban test, mask and vaccine mandates and ignoring the deaths they cause.

Not political? Horseshit.

Last edited by mac on Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Coach, I take your point. Cultural differences are real, but the thing that puzzles many of us over here is the negativity now directed at conservatism. (Our kind of default position, and at odds with most of Europe.)

It is perplexing that your country used to have a solid base of decent Republicans, so why has that changed so relatively quickly?

(A rhetorical question really, because I don't understand how the land of enterprise and opportunity for all became so divided as it is today.)
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaccine disinformation not political? This is the new Republican party, authoritarians and paranoid, no longer conservative.

Quote:
Jan. 2, 2022, 7:04 AM PST / Updated Jan. 2, 2022, 11:46 AM PST
By Doha Madani
Twitter suspended a personal account for Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene after "repeated violations" of the Covid-19 misinformation policy, the company said Sunday.

"We permanently suspended the account you referenced (@mtgreenee) for repeated violations of our COVID-19 misinformation policy," Twitter said in a statement. "We’ve been clear that, per our strike system for this policy, we will permanently suspend accounts for repeated violations of the policy."
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT,

Conservative Republicans in the US are the party of "no". The negativity label kind of fits I think. What we really need to worry about is when they say "yes". Just look back to Trump's presidency.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
It is perplexing that your country used to have a solid base of decent Republicans, so why has that changed so relatively quickly?

GT, You are making a mistake if you believe that the opinions of the majority of posters here are representative of mainstream US. They are not even close. The US remains a center/ conservative country by a large majority. The gulf between the parties has indeed increased, due primarily to a sharp move to the left by the Democrat party, which now routinely supports social programs and norms that would have shocked their heroes like Kennedy and Clinton. A comparison of Biden's positions today, with those he held for the first 30 or 40 years of his never-ending political career is just one illustration of that shift. The silent majority appears to be waking up to this shift..........and they don't like it.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp move to the left? GT--let me give you a few facts about the current GOP. Trump lost every lawsuit challenging the election. There was no fraud. Nonetheless, 147 Republicans voted against accepting the results of the election. Some of them had met with the rioters who attempted a coup. Those are the facts. That is fascism, not conservatism.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fail to see how a shift in social policy or for instance, passing an infrastructure bill, should justify being non-decent. Or justify a violent attempt to subvert a free and fair democratic election before such social policies have even been introduced! An election lie which most all republicans have supported. A terrible lie amongst many, many lies.

The republicans have lost their minds. Lost their decency and honor. GT knows the truth. Honorable people know the truth. Honorable people know decency when they see it. They know corruption and excrement when they see it. Trump and his bag of republicans are a slippery bag of disgusting excrement.

Social policy is just that. Social policy. It should be debated and fairly voted on.
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlaronde wrote:
Any one of you courageous nobody's care to present a viable answer to question #3?

Q: Is my child at risk from COVID-19?
A: No. The chances of infection are very slim, and the mortality rate is infinitesimal for young children.

Q: Then why should a child be injected with an experimental gene therapy, when the risk of supposed disease is so slim?
A: because, your children may spread the disease, even though they are not at risk.

Q: Hold it! Didn't they say that the shot doesn't prevent infection or transmission?
A: (??? current answer= "Shut up and Obey!"

Nice job, cowardly forum of nobody's. What a surprise, that no one has an answer, other than some veiled BS possibly questioning Q1.

I think we really need to focus on current answer #3. "Shut up and OBEY!" say the hospital administrators, and also, the medical schools (for many years). Nothing new here. Some libtards like giggle-panties may wonder how it could be possible for "millions" of health care professionals to be all so "WRONG".

Well, here's reality, cupcake: They are not "wrong". They are SILENCED!

Mike LaRonde's suggested new years resolution: Say what you mean to EVERYONE you know, and stop being a PUSSY in the name of being accepted by your peers! Cheers, mates!
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look, the drunk Russian troll is back, spreading more lies. Meanwhile, thanks to the vaccine hesitant:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 303, 304, 305 ... 331, 332, 333  Next
Page 304 of 333

Jump to: