myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coronavirus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 305, 306, 307 ... 339, 340, 341  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
If you think school administrators can determine a good Omicron policy , you're crazy---I'm living through it right now. I've seen the right , and the anti-vax crowd try to parse out the difference of being sick "with" Covid, and being sick "from" covid, and it's a joke, for the most part. Doctor Joe Rogan can explain it to you if you're confused.

Once again, I will ignore your feeble attempts to be dismissive of my opinions. You believe it is not important to understand how many are dying of Covid rather than with it. Sensible analysts and policy makers will disagree.

Separately, since others here have insisted that politics is the driver, when you were considering whether to have your son vaccinated, was your primary concern politics, or your son's well being?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Mr. Gybe, you can view a poll as your data source, I will use the hard data from elections. ONE time since 1990 have more Americans voted for a Republican than a Democrat, ONE time. Yet we are a center / right by a large margin country. ok, got it.
CORRECTION, 1988.
And your poll has over 50% as moderate/liberal. Go ahead and retract your misleading commentary.

It seems you don't understand the difference between the total US population, and those who vote. Must be a slow day at the bank.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Mr. Gybe, you can view a poll as your data source, I will use the hard data from elections. ONE time since 1990 have more Americans voted for a Republican than a Democrat, ONE time. Yet we are a center / right by a large margin country. ok, got it.
CORRECTION, 1988.
And your poll has over 50% as moderate/liberal. Go ahead and retract your misleading commentary.

It seems you don't understand the difference between the total US population, and those who vote. Must be a slow day at the bank.

Dude, that's weak. Since we're talking politics, I'm referencing those who actually vote. If you want to include Goats in Wyoming, and Idaho, then you win. Carry on....
I'm going to give you an out. I would agree that more folks identify as conservative than liberal. Hopefully you feel better now.

Last edited by boggsman1 on Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
If you think school administrators can determine a good Omicron policy , you're crazy---I'm living through it right now. I've seen the right , and the anti-vax crowd try to parse out the difference of being sick "with" Covid, and being sick "from" covid, and it's a joke, for the most part. Doctor Joe Rogan can explain it to you if you're confused.

Once again, I will ignore your feeble attempts to be dismissive of my opinions. You believe it is not important to understand how many are dying of Covid rather than with it. Sensible analysts and policy makers will disagree.

Separately, since others here have insisted that politics is the driver, when you were considering whether to have your son vaccinated, was your primary concern politics, or your son's well being?

c'mon man, I'm not being dismissive. Read my quasi sarcastic response to ISO. Of course its important to learn as much as possible.. But , when Covid serves as the catalyst , its not relevant to split hairs in order to win an argument.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did the $82.6B appropriated by congress for Covid tests go?

Two Congressmen want answers. Their detailed list of such questions is prefaced by this:
"With over $82.6 billion specifically appropriated for testing, and flexibility within the Department to allocate additional funds from COVID-19 supplemental bills or annual appropriations if necessary, it is unclear to us why we are facing such dire circumstances now. It does not appear to be because of lack of funding, but a more fundamental lack of strategy and failure to anticipate future testing needs by the administration."

Their letter to Health & Human Services is at:
https://www.blunt.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/1-3-22_letter_to_admin_re_testing.pdf

Its bottom line can be translated as "WTH is the government waiting on to provide the testing we've paid for?"
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't seem to dawn on you or the pompous Republican airheads in the Senate that the issue might be manufacturing/supply chain related. We have a myriad of problems of that nature, so I'm surprised that issue was overlooked and not addressed.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump: less tests , less positives.. DOH!
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs--now you know the new WSJ talking point. Died with Covid, not of Covid. Dr. buggy whip knows the difference.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kelly-ernby-orange-county-california-deputy-da-dies-abruptly-after-falling-ill-with-covid-at-age-46?source=articles&via=rss
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J64TWB wrote:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/kelly-ernby-orange-county-california-deputy-da-dies-abruptly-after-falling-ill-with-covid-at-age-46?source=articles&via=rss

She didn't die from Covid. She died with Covid.
--Dr. Joseph Rogan M.D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 305, 306, 307 ... 339, 340, 341  Next
Page 306 of 341

Jump to: