myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coronavirus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 316, 317, 318 ... 339, 340, 341  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
When the terms the "great re-set", or "globalism" are deployed, you know what you're dealing with ..

I don't know about you, but it seems clear to me that some regulars on this forum truly fear Globalism, and even the very idea of Globalism, if you choose to be in denial about the most powerful geopolitical force.

Hate is a product of fear, and so is resentment. So you may have resentment towards anyone who suggests that Globalism is the cause of something.

I have just learned how one person here may actually have a very good reason to feel this way, even if he doesn't realize it himself. This after reading a very well-written article published 4 days ago.

To the rest, I ask, but why? Are you just followers of globalism deniers, or what are your own reasons? You can't just say "that's crazy", you might as well say "I'm afraid of the answers, so I won't ask scary questions".

In any case, you should understand the repercussions of displaying such resentment, and this is now finally becoming clear to me also: you will be misunderstood.

The simplest and most common reaction is to assume that somehow you support the globalist agenda, and this can only escalate the resentment.

For one to realize that you really just fear that which you deny exists, therefore despise the idea of its existence, really requires thinking outside the box.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the son of a Jewish woman who grew up in the 1930's, I am well aware of what globalism means and the anti-Semitic dog whistle that goes with it.. I'm not sure what you're afraid of , but triggering the anti semites has worked for almost 100 years, and I guess it still does..
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
As the son of a Jewish woman who grew up in the 1930's, I am well aware of what globalism means and the anti-Semitic dog whistle that goes with it.. I'm not sure what you're afraid of , but triggering the anti semites has worked for almost 100 years, and I guess it still does..

I don't care how many Globalist leaders identify as Jewish, nor what they truly believe. So what? Globalism is not a religion.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlaronde wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

I don't care how many Globalist leaders identify as Jewish, nor what they truly believe. So what? Globalism is not a religion.

Ah, but fear of globalism is a faith-based disorder. No facts are necessary.
Those suffering from this disorder don't care about the anti-semitic history. I've had people that I like go down this rabbit hole. People suffering from this disorder can find really vile allies on the internet that stoke their fear, and sell them supplements. As with Trump, they can find a way to overlook the racism that is obvious to most.
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
mlaronde wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Ah, but fear of globalism is a faith-based disorder. No facts are necessary.
Those suffering from this disorder don't care about the anti-semitic history. I've had people that I like go down this rabbit hole. People suffering from this disorder can find really vile allies on the internet that stoke their fear, and sell them supplements. As with Trump, they can find a way to overlook the racism that is obvious to most.

Give it up on the antisemitic or racist angle, or you will be proving Isobars correct. "<they> always play the racist card when no other argument works" ..or something like that. Actually, I think one of you proved it in that other thread, last year ..

Man, I'm only on my second drink, yet I'm having a hard time believing (accepting) you're the same person who wrote this awesome piece. I'm especially impressed with all the comments. Yet, in a twisted way, I can relate. Very good.

https://www.berkeleyside.org/2022/01/12/opinion-after-years-of-neglect-the-city-is-chasing-a-ferry-tale-at-the-berkeley-marina

Last edited by MikeLaRonde on Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does globalism really mean in a highly partisan dialog?

Globalism is just an idea or a label with broad meaning, but what it really means depends on the mindset of the user deploying it. Quite simply, it can be seen as a positive versus negative thing in practice.

How do you think the label of globalism would stack up with the personalities here? With isobars, it's decidedly a negative thing.

Going a step further, if his opinions on many different topics could be collectively viewed as wealth, he's amassed a fortune in negativity. It's always seething somewhere deep inside him, and as we all know, he can't hold back.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one is interested in the slur, as it relates to Jews, it's not hard to find good articles to read ..
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After posting an anti-semitic trope, and another from a virulent anti-muslim source, RAIR Foundation, Laronde complains that we should ignore his tolerance for racist sources:

Quote:
Give it up on the antisemitic or racist angle, or you will be proving Isobars correct. "<they> always play the racist card when no other argument works" ..or something like that. Actually, I think one of you proved it in that other thread, last year ..

They always say that. While they chant “Jews will not replace us.”—and are described as good people.

This conspiracy paranoia is self fulfilling. Any contrary facts are just part of the conspiracy. Anyone who doesn’t believe this drivel is a libtard, or in on the conspiracy.

There are, of course, liberal and left critiques of the power of the super-rich. Like “Davos Man, How the Rich Devoured the World”. Progressives since Teddy Roosevelt have been concerned about the accumulation of power wielded by the super-rich. But when you go down the rabbit hole, or the neck of the whisky bottle, your ability to think critically disappears.
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
After posting an anti-semitic trope, and another from a virulent anti-muslim source, RAIR Foundation, Laronde complains that we should ignore his tolerance for racist sources:

Quote:

They always say that. While they chant “Jews will not replace us.”—and are described as good people.

This conspiracy paranoia is self fulfilling. Any contrary facts are just part of the conspiracy. Anyone who doesn’t believe this drivel is a libtard, or in on the conspiracy.

There are, of course, liberal and left critiques of the power of the super-rich. Like “Davos Man, How the Rich Devoured the World”. Progressives since Teddy Roosevelt have been concerned about the accumulation of power wielded by the super-rich. But when you go down the rabbit hole, or the neck of the whisky bottle, your ability to think critically disappears.

No, Give up, libtard! I don't care if you're Jewish, or worship Satan!

Silly me for giving you the slightest bit of respect. I don't suppose it's ever occurred to you, why, after you gave so much good advice, to so many seemingly good people, that bad decisions (or no decisions) were made?

You seriously think it's because all these "good" people were clearly stupid or crazy?

Could it be the manner in which you you gave all these good ideas? I keep noticing how you treat others on this forum, over what seem to me as very trivial disagreements. HA, no that would be giving you too much credit!

Could it also be that your mission, as noble as it was, was doomed because of factors beyond your control, which you to this day continue to deny?

It seems to me that transportation structures are a natural favorite when it comes to the new economy of tightly controlled human traffic flow.

I mean, come on, even I understand that the notion of using the parking area for recreational purposes, promoting the free motion of humans is obviously unacceptable to the NWO.

I say tomato .. you have a better word for the common enemy?

Last edited by MikeLaRonde on Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:18 am; edited 3 times in total
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Language has context and meaning.

Quote:
After National Economic Council Director Gary Cohn announced his resignation last week, President Trump offered a back-handed compliment to his departing adviser: “He may be a globalist, but I still like him.” Mick Mulvaney, the director of the Office of Management and Budget, chimed in with his own statement: “I never expected that the co-worker I would work closest, and best, with at the White House would be a ‘globalist.’”

Despite the seemingly joking use of the term “globalist” by Trump and Mulvaney, many were quick to point to the word’s unseemly past as an anti-Semitic slur, embraced in alt-right circles before spreading into broader political discourse. As the Anti-Defamation League’s Jonathan Greenblatt put it, “Where the term originates from is a reference to Jewish people who are seen as having allegiances not to their countries of origin like the United States, but to some global conspiracy.” Greenblatt said it’s “disturbing” when public officials “literally parrot this term which is rooted in prejudice.”

Even at the bottom of a whisky glass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 316, 317, 318 ... 339, 340, 341  Next
Page 317 of 341

Jump to: