myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I’ve said before, if you want under regulated pig shit lagoons—North Carolina is your go to state. Or PFAS—forever chemicals. Do you really need a complete list?

https://today.duke.edu/2020/02/whats-north-carolina-drinking-water
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Yes I have .. I actually like a lot of NC.. I love the OB and Hatteras, and I also love Asheville , Looking to buy land in Old Fort, which is near Asheville . The cities are meh, but I love the Duke campus and Chapel Hill as well.

Thank you for not joining in with the juvenile sniping of your fellow left coast residents. Anyone who has traveled widely in NC knows it is a wonderful State that has much to offer.
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coachg said: "What you don't get is that many of the solutions that Ca is proposing are "nutty", but they are far better off than the conservative solution of just "letting it be" and doing nothing. So, you may not like the pollution that is killing people in your state at a higher rate than a liberal state, but by continuing to support a conservative policy nothing will get done."

Of all the posts I have listed on this thread as nutty, you seem to support them with your above comment, but in reality, I seriously doubt that. The interesting part is that I believe that many liberals see them as nutty too but choose not to acknowledge it for fear of contradicting the liberal agenda.

I support any policies that will help clean up our states pollution issues, but there is also a limit on how far you go to solve the problems. It's not unusual to create a greater problem with a solution to another. That's where Calif. excels.

https://blog.medifyair.com/the-best-and-worst-states-for-air-quality-ranked
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The interesting part is that I believe that many liberals see them as nutty too but choose not to acknowledge it for fear of contradicting the liberal agenda."

Let's be honest. Most of your "nutty" posts are based on very negative and specious one-sided opinion pieces coming from arguably questionable sources. Why would any thoughtful person jump on your bandwagon and want to sing your tune?
coachg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Coachg said: "What you don't get is that many of the solutions that Ca is proposing are "nutty", but they are far better off than the conservative solution of just "letting it be" and doing nothing. So, you may not like the pollution that is killing people in your state at a higher rate than a liberal state, but by continuing to support a conservative policy nothing will get done."

Of all the posts I have listed on this thread as nutty, you seem to support them with your above comment, but in reality, I seriously doubt that. The interesting part is that I believe that many liberals see them as nutty too but choose not to acknowledge it for fear of contradicting the liberal agenda.

As I stated many times, there is a lot of the liberal agenda in CA that is nutty & that I don’t support; that is where my vote comes in. But as boggsy pointed out, you are not a CA voting resident & have no say in what happens in our state. Now, since your lapdog mrgybe isn’t going to step in and say anything about your disparaging the “left coast” I took up the torch. If you are willing to continue to point out what you consider are flaws in a state you don’t live in, then be man enough to take back legitimate criticism of your state from a person who doesn’t live there.

techno900 wrote:
I support any policies that will help clean up our states pollution issues, but there is also a limit on how far you go to solve the problems. It's not unusual to create a greater problem with a solution to another. That's where Calif. excels.

Now this is why I left the Republican party & became independent. Liberals are scatter brained, all over the map, have too many chiefs and not enough Indians for sure but conservatives are far too conformists & resistant to any change. They say they support policies that will help clean up their states but there is never any policy that they feel doesn’t go too far with the end result, nothing gets done. Yes, CA has way too many policies & many of them are wasteful & nutty, but the end result is quality of life.

Bottom line is if you keep posting rightwing puff articles about what you consider “nutty”, I’m going to keep hitting you over the head with actual data like this.

Coachg
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your actual data says the people in Calif. live longer on average than those in N.C. Fine, but is it the state's political leaning that is the cause? Generally, I would say no. It's the personal choices that individuals make regarding many things like fitness, diet, etc., as well as access to health care (which can have political implications). More people in Calif. do things to stay healthy than those in N.C. One big advantage for Calif. is the geography and climate, which are conducive to outdoor recreation year-round for those that choose to take advantage.

Is Newsom the reason people live longer in Calif.? I think not.
coachg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People in Minnesota and New York don’t have CA climate so out goes your climate theory.

Thank you for stating the obvious; people in CA make better life decisions than people in North Carolina; as does just about every other liberal leaning state. Also yes, better health care which does tend to be political as you stated.

No, Newsom isn’t the reason for our success. But as you can see, liberal leaning states tend to make better life choices than conservative states. As I have continued to state, it is all about choices. I’m happy with my choice, you should be happy with your choice. But rather than worry about the choices in my state you should be more concerned with the choices in your state. By your own admission they are pretty poor; some might even say NUTTY.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Coachg
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no takers defending CA's offer of free health care (and damned near everything else) to the next 8 billion U.S. border crashers.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Still no takers defending CA's offer of free health care (and damned near everything else) to the next 8 billion U.S. border crashers.

Globalism and xenophobia. The Trump fascist party.

I heard that Isobars was arrested for defacing the plaque on the Statue of Liberty.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I repeatedly asked the question, so it's only fair that I look and respond: Ellis Island immigrants ... aliens ... were vetted and entered legally, IAW with our laws. Newsom's folly is expressly for illegal aliens. Even worse:
• Many border crashers are a wide variety of horrible criminals, badly in need of vetting and, when justified, exclusion.
• Legal immigrants don't disrupt or destroy the small towns they passed through on their way to get in line at our border.
• Ellis Island immigrants were not flown or bused, at taxpayer expense, often with known dread diseases, in secrecy, and dumped into towns all across the U.S. in the middle of the night.
• Nor were even the ones known to harbor dread disease harbored in fancy hotels without notice to the public at risk.
• Ellis Island immigrants were largely legitimate political refugees, not breaking our laws, breaking in line ahead of legal immigrants, demanding free everything, and GETTING IT.
• e.
• t.
• c.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 164 of 205

Jump to: