myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WTB Midcalf shorty wetsuit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranger13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:41 pm    Post subject: WTB Midcalf shorty wetsuit Reply with quote

I have been looking to find a spring suit that covers the knees. Anybody heard of one? Learning to foil involves a lot of climbing on the board and uphauling and my knees have taken a beating. I have a farmer john that I might try cutting the legs off mid calf, but not sure if that would work. Any suggestions? I can't waterstart using small sails when foiling. Thanks
mpnv

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check Promotion in Hood River. I have their Charger 3/4 suit. It’s been a great suit with durable knee protection for climbing back on wing board. It looks like they are only making it in a long sleeve now.
https://stores.wetsuit.com/mens-3-2mm-longsleeve-charger-3quarter-black-grey-n41/

Mike
ranger13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Mike. looks good, but i need a 2XL which they don't make. i'll probably cut the farmer john's legs shorter. with all the wingers and foilers out there, i'm surprised nobody is making what i'm looking for, knee protection in a spring suit.
GarryW

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would call Promotion because I'm pretty sure they do have it in an XXL
ranger13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promotion below knee charger shorts for $74 will work for me in 2XL. I only sail in an inland lake and wear a rash guard for my upper body. I've got a farmer john I can wear with a top if I start sailing early in the season. Thanks everyone.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try vaulting onto your board, much as you would vault over a fence or onto the side of a swimming pool or the end of a one-meter diving board. With both hands on deck, shove down with your hands as you kick one powerful frog kick with your legs. Just like that, you're standing on your deck with both feet. Nothing but hands and feet need to touch the deck whether the water is 5 or 500 feet deep.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: